Chapter 2

Thorns

I returned to the classroom and sat back down in my seat, looks like the new kid sits behind me, joy. I pulled out my books and caught up with the lesson on the board when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see zico a smirk plastered onto his face.

"Can I help you?" I smiled.

He nodded "Whats up with you?"

I froze"I don't know what you're talking about, you should get back to work." with that I turned back around.

I heard his chuckle, what the hell? He's not even normal. 

"Vivaldi!"

I jumped and dropped my pencil.

"Y-yes?"

"Stop daydreaming."

I nodded "Yes sir."

When he turned around I shot him a deathly look to his back and bent down to get my pencil but I didn't notice that Zico had also reached to get my pencil. Our hands touched and a spark ran through my veins. I jolted back and stared at him intently. His hand was frozen over the pencil and I knew he felt it too. I waited to see what he would do but he surprised me by handing me my pencil and turning back to his work. I took his lead and ignored the whole thing it was probably just a little static.

~~~~

It wasn't long before the day was over and Zico managed to ignore me all day. To be honest I wish he didn't, I quickly shook the idea out of my head and headed straight for my locker. I took out my things and slammed my locker shut.

"Strong arm princess." I turned around to face Zico, a sly smirk on his face.

I gave a small laugh "Lockers here don't close right at all."

He raised his eyebrows "oh really? I think theres more to it don't you agree?"

I stepped closer to him so our faces were inches from each other. "I don't know what you want but I suggest you think a little more before crossing unknown territory."

He grinned "Showing your true colors huh?"

"My colors? Of course not, just some friendly advice." I smiled and patted his shoulder.

I walked around him and down the hall towards the exit when I was abruptly pulled around. "What-"

"Who was that?!" Nickhun hissed.

I pulled away "A classmate nickhun, calm down."

"Calm down?! You guys looked like you were going to make out."

"I would never cheat on you nickhun. He was just saying stuff he shouldn't have."

He stared at me "Ready to go?" 

I nodded and followed him out the doors towards his car. As we walked out I caught notice of zico. He leaned against the brick wall a cigarette in his mouth. His usual smirk was gone and it was replaced by an almost sad expression. 

"Vivaldi!" Nickhun yelled.

I snapped back to attention but I couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Zico then he let on. I pushed the thought to the back of my head and climbed into the car. As we pulled out of the parking lot nickhun placed his hand on mine.

"I'm sorry I was so mean to you Vivaldi." he whispered softly.

I sighed and relaxed "It's ok I still love you." 

"Promise you won't leave me." his voice was urgent.

I felt a little disgust and annoyance but I pushed it back and forced myself to look at him "I promise."

~~~

"Ma-lee!"

I turned to see Zico leaned against the bricked wall, his aura screamed dangerous but I went over anyway.

I cocked my head to the side"yea?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

I nodded cautiously.

"Whats up with Nickhun and Vivaldi?"

I narrowed my eyes at him "Nothing. It's probably relationship stress or something." I replied.

"Thats not what it seemed like to me." he said while pushing himself away from the wall and towards me.

I stepped back and glared at him.

"Stop meddling. What goes on between them is none of your concern."

"Yea well there are somethings this school needs to know about you three. How long are you going to keep up this facade?" he hissed.

"Zico even if you suspected any one of us there is nothing you can do. Face it you're an outcast no one listens to you. The best thing is to just try and fit in."

He scoffed "Hell needs to freeze over before become one of you."

I smirked " I said the same thing a while back but look at me now."