The Facebook Stalkers

Book Cover

*(BEFORE WE BEGIN, I DO NOT OWN FACEBOOK AT ALL!)*

 

 

Yong Guk reached his dorm, Jade swimming through his thoughts and his cheeks as flushed as the red rose. Her smile was contagious, her aura was simply amazing. She was a warmhearted person from what he could tell and see from their first encounter. Yong Guk couldn’t quite seem to relieve her of his mind, the young woman continued to run throughout the theatre of his mind like a majestic eagle gliding it’s way through Earth’s winds. Another smile penetrated the idol’s lips as he took hold of the door handle. He could hear the voices of the other members within the closed domain.

 

    Slowly he turned the knob and opened the door to reveal the other five members of BAP.

 

Bang attempted to pull back his goofy smile but to no avail, and instead he lowered his head down as well as pulling the bill of the cap down to shadow his embarrassment.

 

Quietly he strolls in.

 

“Hyung! Where were you?” Zelo looked up.

 

“I went for a walk.” he announced, his face still shadowed. Yong Guk grinned from ear to ear.

 

“Hey, what’s up with you?” Himchan’s husky voice penetrated his leader’s eardrums.

 

“Nothing!” he turned away.

 

“Hyung met a girl!” JongUp playfully spoke.

 

“AaaaaOoooo!” the rest of the group rang in unison.

 

Yong Guk didn’t answer; rather, he ignored his friends and walked straight to the bathroom.

 

The members howled once more.

 

Young Jae quickly jumps up and begins banging on the bathroom door.

 

“Who is she?” Young Jae begins to sing as the banging on the door becomes louder, “You have a girlfriend! MUAH! MUAH! MUAH!” He then begins shaking his bottom in the process.

 

Behind closed doors, Yong Guk chuckles at his younger brothers. He shakes his head, his teeth gleamed. The pounding on the door became louder, it sounded as if more fists joined in the fun.

 

“HYUNG! HYUNG! HYUNG! MUAH! MUAH!” Himchan and DaeHyun joined in the fun.

 

The other two sat back and enjoyed the showed.

They were completely childish, noisy, nosy, and absolutely annoying. But that’s what little brothers were for, only there to color his life. He couldn’t ask for more.

 

Yong Guk takes out his phone, putting it on camera mode. Taking a quick picture of himself with his hand over his eyes with a slight smile on his face. Soon after he posts it on instagram with the caption “My little brothers can be so annoying!” including a few emojicons where needed.

 

The pounding quickly turned into an earthquake as the entire group began hitting on the door and the wall impatiently waiting for their hyung to emerge.

 

“C’mon! Come out! Tell us about her!” Young Jae yelled out.

 

Bang sighed and rolled his eyes. Now the question was, would he tell the others? Yong Guk just met her but an hour ago, she was just a random girl, a random fan from the states. A foundation couldn’t, wouldn’t form. Not with a fan, especially a fan. Right? But then again, it wouldn’t hurt to tell them about his adventure with the cute American chick. It was simply an encounter. A simple encounter, a once in a lifetime run-in. How many fans has he come across, and how many has he found attractive? On the other hand, his eyes never sparkled in the presence of a fan before. So why now? This would surely be a difficult debate. Yong Guk took that chance.

 

The BAP leader returned to reality and the pounding continued.

 

He gambled.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m coming.”

 

Cheers filled the dorm room.

 

The pounding ceased, and the group moved back to allow Yong Guk entrance.

 

Opening the door, he re-enters the room and nonchalantly walks over to the couch. Everyone crowded around around Bang, wide-eyed and opened eared.Yong Guk begins to laugh at their expressions.

 

It was still quiet and no one had spoken a word. Zelo anticipated sound.

 

“HYUNG! WHO IS SHE!?” Zelo broke the silence.

 

“A girl.” Bang announced.

 

“That’s a first.” Himchan joked.

 

Everyone laughed.

 

“Her name is Jade, I met her in the city...” Yong Guk went on to tell them the entire story, from the kitten, to the car, to the English conversation. Her beauty and uniqueness most of all. The way her eyes sparkled in the low sunlight, the way her smile lightened up the conversation and atmosphere. But of course being male, that didn’t matter at the moment. She was American and she was cute.

 

“Is she older?”

 

“Does she like Chris Brown?”

 

“Does she like B.A.P?”

 

“Am I her favorite?”

 

Yong Guk smiled as he shook his head at the ridiculous questions his bandmates were asking him.

 

Well she obviously liked B.A.P she recognized him immediately, as for being older and liking Chris Brown. He didn’t know. He didn’t have the opportunity to ask. Yong Guk was more engrossed with the small talk they involved themselves in. He completely forgot to ask her about herself. All he knows her name and that she’s a foreigner, most likely American. He regrets it.

 

“I don’t know, I didn’t ask her.”

 

“How can you not ask her?!” HimChan asked.

 

“Hyung obviously doesn’t know how to talk to girls like me. I need to teach him.” Zelo declared.

 

“Shut up!”

 

“Hey, Yong Guk Hyung, does she have a facebook or instagram?”

 

“I don’t know, maybe. Almost everyone has them.”

 

“GO LOOK! GO!!” Young Jae began shooing him towards the laptop they shared.

 

“Wait,” JongUp began, “do you know her surname?”

 

“...”

 

Obviously not. But how hard would it be? There couldn’t be that many Jade’s in America or the world...right?

Yong Guk began the search through facebook, entering the American database. Typing what he thought was her name, and how it was spelled. No luck.

 

“Is that how it’s spelled?”

 

“American’s do have weird spellings...”

 

Quickly going to “Google” for help, Yong Guk typed how “Jade” sounded into the search engine. (If that’s how they do it...I’m bulling.)

 

Immediately, something came up. It was the English spelling for her name.

 

“AAAAHHH!” They all announced.

 

He typed it in.

 

thousands of profiles showed up. None of them were of her.

 

They came to the conclusion that she enjoyed Kpop so their might be a connection there somehow. He searched and searched Maybe she was in kpop groups, liked BAP’s official page on facebook.

 

“Oh! Oh! Check if they posted something new on the page! Maybe she liked it!” Daehyun spoke out.

 

They were in luck, there was an update on the page. Just a few seconds ago! And only 50 likers! Yong Guk clicked on the likes and began scrolling down, many unfamiliar names appeared on the screen. None of the names were Jade.

 

He refreshed the page, now there were over 200 likes. Hope seemed dim, there was no way that they could find Jade on the page.

 

As Bang was ready to give up, a new liker appeared. The name was Jade Santiago.

 

Zelo began cheering, “BICTORI! BICTORI!”

 

“Wait, wait! I don’t even know if it’s her!” Yong Guk spoke over him. He clicked on her profile, and he examined the girl’s picture. It was an obvious selca, it was clear to see that she was facing the sun and her gold eyes pierced, a bright beautiful smile flattered her face.

 

It was her. Jade, the angel kissed face girl.

 

Her cover photo was a recent photo of B.A.P, luckily for the group leader Jade’s profile wasn’t set on private and had access to everything. Her statuses, photos, friends, almost her entire life.

 

Yong Guk was so entranced by her fair features that he had forgotten that his bandmates were surrounding him and sneaking peeks at “his” girl.

 

“Aaaahh, she’s really pretty!” Young Jae began, “does she have a sister?”

 

“Hey! Hey! Stop!” Bang waved his hand toward Young Jae, shooing him away.

 

They began snooping through all her photos, making positive comments towards most of them and laughing at the funny faced ones. Yong Guk enjoyed those photos best, it showed that Jade didn’t care what people thought about her. She wasn’t fake on social media, she introduced herself in every way, even the not-so-best-days. She her favorite pictures to take were with her double chins and crossed eyes. After the photos, he went through her bio. Revealing that she was born on April 17,1991, only a year younger than him. She didn’t have much of a political view, or a religious stance. Her music suggested that she liked more kpop than any other music genre. She spoke Spanish and English and loved a selection of books. Her list of shows was a wide selection of dramas, cartoons, and a variety of other shows. He translated her bio through bing and began reading:

“I will tell you how it is, if you don’t like it you don’t have to like me :) Be nice to me and I’m wonderful to you! I am extremely clumsy, I have two left feet. Haha~ I can’t dance, I can’t sing. I sound like a dying cat XD But I am attempting to learn dances, especially ones from kpop groups. My best friend is food, we’ve been through hell and back together lol  I’m’ weird, and can be childish and I love Disney and 90s cartoons! How can someone not have a hint of immaturity once and a while? If you wanna get to know me better, just message me! Or befriend me!”  She was different, she told the world how it is. Normally, most people would write some false details about them to make them sound more appealing. But Jade’s biography wasn’t the case.

 

HimChan suggested that he go through her statuses. Yong Guk complied to HimChan’s request.

 

The very first status update that showed up was of Jade’s meeting with Bang Yong Guk.

 

Yong Guk pressed the “translate” button

 

“OMG! OMG! I...I...JUST MET BANG YONG GUK FROM THE KPOP BAND B.A.P!! OMG!! HE WAS SO AMAZING! HE WALKED ME BACK TO THE HOTEL AND WE HAD AN ACTUAL CONVERSATION! OMO! HE’S SO MUCH MORE HANDSOME IN PERSON!!! HE EVEN LOOKED LIKE HE WAS INTERESTED IN ME! WE’RE GETTING MARRIED! THAT’S IT. WE’RE ENGAGED! AND NO ONE CAN SAY ANYTHING! <3 <3 <3 ”

 

The post received about 40 likes so far.


The members of B.A.P busted out in laughter and tears were brought to their eyes from the hysterics.