Moment of Truth

Coffee Boy

A/N: Oh lawwwwwddd it's been ages since I've updated I'm sahrry guys ;3; I don't even know where to start cuz I guess I really don't have an excuse as to why I couldn't write. I think most of it was writer's block tbh but anyways I hope you guys like this!!!

Enjoy~


Baby, I said I was sorry,” Jin whined. Taehyung huffed at his boyfriend as he cruised through the water away from the other.

“You should’ve thought twice before you decided to cannonball beside me, ,” the orange haired boy sassed. Jin sighed.

Tae c’mon,” Taehyung looked over and met with his boyfriend’s pout and kicked-puppy eyes. He squealed inwardly at the cute sight, but his face showed otherwise. Jin’s face fell as he saw his boyfriend huffed and turned away from him, continuing to swim away. He sunk into the water whilst sighing, which created bubbles on the surface. Taehyung looked over and scoffed.

Little think he could cannonball all over me, someone’s definitely not getting some tonight!’ He thought to himself. Looking over towards the shallow end of the pool, Taehyung narrowed his eyes as he observed Hoseok and Jungkook. He raised a brow when Jungkook playfully pushed Hoseok away whilst he giggled as though the elder said something completely hilarious.

“Woah Kookie, what are you doing there?” Taehyung muttered to himself. He swam over carefully, sneaking up behind Jungkook. Hoseok acknowledged his presence and raised his brow ever so slightly at Taehyung, who placed a finger over his lips and submerged into the water.

“Hoseok-hyung?” Jungkook called. Hoseok snapped his attention from Taehyung to look at the younger again.

“Are you okay?” he asked. Hoseok opened his mouth to answer but was interrupted by Kookie’s yelp. Kookie surfaced from the water, whipped his body around and smacked Taehyung on the shoulder with an angry pout clear on his face.

“Aish Taehyung! What the !” Jungkook exclaimed as he wiped the water from his face. Taehyung continued to laugh his off despite being splashed and sprayed by Jungkook.  Hoseok couldn’t suppress the chuckle and went over to the two before Jungkook decided to drown the orange haired boy.

“Okay okay Jungkook-ah stop,” Hoseok said with a slight chuckle as he placed a hand on the younger’s shoulder. Jungkook turned to face him and pouted, which caused Hoseok to coo and ruffle the other’s hair.

Meanwhile, Jimin was sitting on the shallow end, seething as he watched the affectionate interaction between Hoseok and Jungkook. “You look like you’re about to hunt a horse,” Taehyung’s voice rang through his ears. The chubby cheeked boy faced Taehyung and huffed in response.

“So what if I am?” Jimin muttered back. Taehyung hummed as he watched Jungkook and Hoseok.

“You have nothing to worry about,” Taehyung stated. “Hoseok isn’t interested in Jungkook,” he said. Jimin raised a brow.

“I know…but that’s not what I’m worried about,” he said. It was Taehyung’s turn to raise a brow.

“What do you mean?” he asked with suspicion. Jimin scoffed.

“Isn’t it obvious? Jungkook is interested in Hoseok,” he stated. Taehyung’s eyes went wide.

“Oh .”

“What?” Jimin asked. Taehyung instantly looked at Yoongi who was still under the umbrella, reading a book.

“Uhmm, nothing…don’t worry about it,” Taehyung brushed off.

‘Oh man this is bad. Reeaaalllyy baaaddd. C’mon Kookie; why so quick,’ Taehyung thought in worry. ‘Wait…maybe it’s just attraction…maybe Jungkook isn’t actually interested?’

Jimin looked at him weirdly. “Uhh okay, well anyways, I got no chance,” he muttered. The orange haired boy bit his lip. “Plus his brother won’t even let me get close to him,” Jimin huffed once more. Taehyung laughed.

“Yeah Yoongi is pretty protective, but Jungkook did just recently get dumped,” he stated.

“Oh , really?” Jimin asked. Taehyung nodded.

“Maybe Jungkook is just attracted but not actually interested in Hoseok?” He said with uncertainty. Jimin deadpanned.

“You do realise that, that’s where it all starts right?” he sassed.

“Yeeaaahh I guess so, but Yoongi and Hoseok like each other though,” Taehyung said as he thought back to the text messages. Jimin hummed in agreement.

“That’s true…wait…AHH!” Jimin suddenly screamed. Taehyung jumped out of skin, clutching the left side of his chest.

“Dude! What the hell!?” He exclaimed.

“Sorry…Yoongi doesn’t know does he?” Jimin asked. Taehyung bit his lip and twiddled his thumbs.

“Yeeaahh, you see the problem now?” he rhetorically asked. Jimin nodded slowly.

“Oh sweet, that means I still have a chance,” he suddenly stated happily with a big grin. Taehyung backhanded him.

 


 

Yoongi closed his book and placed it back in his bag. He stretched a bit before getting up and searching for the other guys in the pool area. Yoongi scanned the area without realising that he was looking for Hoseok and Jungkook. “Looking for someone?” Jin’s voice rang beside him.

“No, I was ing,” Yoongi sarcastically replied. Jin chuckled.

“If you’re looking for the guys they’re over at the shallow end. Well…except for Namjoon. Not sure where he went,” the eldest said.

“Thanks for the info, you coming with?” Yoongi asked. Jin shook his head.

“Nah I canon-balled Taehyung, and now if I get within a 5 meter radius he’ll try to drown me,” he replied. Yoongi chuckled.

“Yeah sounds like him…but then again, serves you right,” he said. Jin sheepishly grinned.

“But it was funny~”

“You should know better dude, this is Taehyung we’re talking about. Anyways, I’ll see you later,” Yoongi said as he made his way to where the others are. As Yoongi got closer towards the other boys, he noticed that Taehyung was looking into the distance in deep thought while Jimin next to him was rubbing his cheek. Knowing that Jungkook wasn’t interested in Jimin, the elder decided that he should turn down the animosity. “Hey guys,” he greeted as he sat down next to Taehyung, who jumped out of his skin once again.

“Holy jesus! Oh Yoongi, hey,” Taehyung greeted after calming down. Yoongi chuckled at his friend’s reaction.

“Been swimming much?” he asked. Taehyung pouted.

“I was, but nooooooo Jin decided to all over my parade,” the orange haired boy complained.

“Yeah I saw that, it was hilarious,” Yoongi commented with a slight laugh.

“Yoooonnggiiii,” Taehyung whined.

“What about you Jimin?” Yoongi asked. Jimin’s eyes widened in surprise, since moments ago Yoongi was seething at him.

“Uh yeah, I did some swimming…with a bit of help,” Jimin muttered the last part as he twiddled his thumbs. He cursed inwardly at himself as he thought back to when Jungkook was helping him swim. It wasn’t his fault that he can only doggy paddle…and not well, either.

“Not a swimmer and more of a dipper?” Yoongi asked.

“More like a sinker,” Hoseok’s voice rang. The others turned their heads to face Hoseok and Jungkook who were puffing. Jimin scowled at his friend.

“You guys looked like you ran a marathon,” he commented whilst subtly checking out Jungkook’s dripping body.

“We just swam a few laps,” Jungkook puffed slightly. “I was finding it very difficult to keep up with Hoseok-hyung, he’s so athletic,” the latter said dreamily. Taehyung tensed as he observed Jungkook’s behaviour.

“Why are you looking at my brother as though he raided through your toy drawer?” Yoongi’s deep voice rang in Taehyung’s ears, causing the orange haired boy jumped slightly and shook his head frantically.

“He raided through my toy drawer!?” Taehyung yelled out of impulse. He shrunk in embarrassment as he realised how loud he yelled along with witnessing Yoongi’s blank face. “I mean…what ever do you mean?” he muttered sheepishly.

“Nah just wondering why you had a retarded look on your face…but then I realised it could just be your face,” Yoongi snickered.

Ruuuuuddddee,” Taehyung whined. He gazed back towards Hoseok and Jungkook, worry gradually pooling around his stomach. Using his peripherals, he glanced at Jimin who was patently checking out the youngest out of the group of boys. Taehyung groaned and rolled his eyes, there was literally no shame with Jimin.

“Yoongi-yah! Come over and actually get inside the water!” Hoseok called out. Yoongi smiled.

“No! You can’t tell me what to do!” he playfully retorted. Hoseok smirked and swam over to Yoongi. The elder raised a brow but then before he knew it, Hoseok swiftly grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the water all in one motion. When they both resurfaced, Yoongi grasped Hoseok’s firm bicep in a pinch making the other boy yelp.

“Ow! What the hell was that for?” Hoseok said.

“For dragging me in so suddenly!” Yoongi defended.

“Not even! You saw me swim towards you, I’m sorry that I’m so handsome that you were in a daze,” Hoseok said in fake arrogance as he swiped his locks back as though he was trying to be a high-end model. His victory was short-lived as soon as Yoongi splashed his face with water. By the time Hoseok wiped the water away from his face he saw Yoongi cruising away with a smirk. “Yoongi-yah you’re gonna pay for that!”

“Come and catch me!” Yoongi taunted as he swum faster.

Taehyung just watched them from afar with a small smile. ‘They’re so cute that I’ve lost my appetite,’ he thought.

Yoongi moved his limbs as fast as he could to make sure he was further ahead of Hoseok. He glanced backwards to see if Hoseok was still chasing him and found that he was nowhere in sight. Yoongi stopped swimming and looked around. He then suddenly found himself underneath the water after a hand grabbed his foot dragging him down. As soon as he resurfaced, all he heard was the sound of Hoseok’s voice laughing hysterically. “Okay okay you win, you caught me,” Yoongi said as he wiped his face. Once he removed his hands away from his face, he was surprised by how close Hoseok was.

“Yeah, I did. So what’s my prize?” Hoseok asked slyly. Yoongi scoffed in return.

“I never said there was a prize in catching me, dream on,” he replied. Hoseok snorted.

“Oh c’mon. I won fair and square. I caught you, so I should get a reward of some sort,” he justified. “Winners always get something in return for their efforts.”

“Well…I guess you can have the prize of knowing that you won,” Yoongi commented. Hoseok shook his head.

“No, I got a better idea,” he said as he leans in closer.

“Oh yeah? And what’s tha-” Yoongi’s lips was then captured by Hoseok’s own pair. His eyes were wide for a few seconds before fluttering closed. Hoseok’s lips moved gently and smoothly against his, and he kissed back moving his lips perfectly in time. Yoongi didn’t expect this bold gesture, but he sure as hell didn’t refuse it, especially when it felt this good. They parted with a small breath and opened their eyes slowly. Hoseok just smiled widely.

“We should have more of these, so then I can keep winning,” he said in Yoongi’s ear before swimming away. Yoongi touched his lips as he watched Hoseok swim away. He smiled fondly as he shook his head. ‘This boy will be the end of me.’

 


 

Finally back at the apartment, Jungkook laid on his bed chatting to his friend on kakaotalk on his phone, tapping away. He then heard a knock on the door and the sound of it opening, revealing Taehyung peeping through.

“Kookie-ah, are you busy?” Taehyung asked. Jungkook moved his gaze over to the orange haired young adult and shook his head. He sat up cross-legged and patted the empty area next to him, gesturing for Taehyung to sit down. The elder closed the door and made his way to get comfortable.

“What’s up?” Jungkook asked casually.

“Well actually I wanted to ask you something…” Taehyung started off. Jungkook raised a brow.

“Okay, ask away,” he replied. Taehyung pursed his lips.

“Uhmm so…are you…over Jaehyo?” Jungkook’s eyes widened and his mouth formed a small ‘o’ shape. “I-I know it’s a bit soon but just…thought I’d check up on you,” Taehyung justified.

“Uhh well I guess you could say that…but I wouldn't say I’m…fully over him,” Jungkook answered.

“Ahh right…well,” Taehyung trailed off. “So does that mean…someone else has caught your eye?” he asked. Jungkook’s expression softened as though he remembered something he was fond of. A small smile descended upon his lips.

“I guess you could also say that…” Jungkook replied softly. Taehyung’s eyes widened.

“What? For real? Who?” Taehyung demanded. He backed down as soon as he realised that he was no longer sitting and towering over Jungkook as though he were about to scold him. Returning back to his spot next to the younger he apologised. “So who is this new person?” he asked.

“If I tell you Taehyunggie, you must promise me to not tell Hyung,” Jungkook said firmly. Taehyung nodded seriously. ‘Oh my god moment of truth. He’s going to admit that he likes Hoseok…how the hell am I supposed to not tell Yoongi?’ He thought.

“I promise,” Taehyung said. ‘Arrgghh what have I gotten myself into? I’m sorry Kookie but I can’t keep this from your brother.’

“Well it’s just that…especially after today, I think…” Jungkook started. Taehyung swore he started sweating with anticipation and wished that Jungkook would just blurt the damn name of that forsaken horse-human.

“Yes?”

“Well…I think I may be interested in…” Taehyung’s eye twitched. ‘He sure likes to take his sweet time. Just ing tell me!’ He thought impatiently. “…Jimin,” Jungkook finally answered.

“Aww Kookie you know that your bro- woah wait what? Jimin?” Taehyung was in disbelief. Jungkook was blushing really hard.

“I know! Yoongi-hyung isn’t going to like this! What’s worse is that… so not to raise suspicion, I made it seem like that I was interested in Hoseok-hyung. And it was surprising that I found myself moving on really quickly from Jaehyo, and like, I even told Yoongi-hyung that I was only playing with Jimin! Oh my god, Taehyung what am I going to do?” Jungkook rambled frantically.

Taehyung had a hand against his temple as he tried to process all the information and how everything wasn’t what he thought it was. “That’s a lot of information to get in a few seconds,” he muttered. “So, what’s going to happen now? Are you thinking of dating Jimin because you can clearly see that he’s head over heels for you?” Taehyung asked. Jungkook twiddled his thumbs.

“I don’t even know. Like, it’s really soon, especially after my break up not too long ago…do I really want to jump into it?” he asked.

“I think you should make Jimin work for it. See how much he really likes you, or if he’s just another guy who wants to pluck your kimchi,” Taehyung said.

“Pluck my kimchi?” Jungkook raised a brow. “Well anyway, he probably thinks I like Hoseok-hyung, so not sure if he’s willing to try,” he murmured.

“Yeah, well he wasn’t the only one who thought you liked Hoseok,” Taehyung muttered under his breath.

“Huh, what?”

“Nothing~ If you want to know my honest opinion, I think try to make him jealous. Make him think there’s something going on between the two of you, but not fully giving him your attention,” Taehyung advised.

“You sound like you’ve done this before,” Jungkook chuckled.

“I have, and I’m not proud of it,” the orange haired guy replied. He then smirked. “Actually, who am I kidding, of course I am.”

Jungkook smiled widely in amusement. “So what do you suggest I do? Like, specifically in terms of actions,” he asked. Taehyung smiled slyly.

“I’ll tell you what to do when he texts you,” he said.

“But I don’t think I gave him my number,” Jungkook said.

“Yeah, but it’ll only be a matter of time until either Hoseok or Jin cave into his begging and give him your number,” Taehyung said as though everything was planned out. Jungkook opened his mouth to reply before his text message tone interrupted him. He reached over his phone and checked the message.

 

XX-XXXX-XXXX

Hey Kookie, it’s Jimin ;) Hoseok gave me your number. Just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun today, hope to see you again soon

 

“Oh would you look at that. I’m so good,” Taehyung said snobbishly. Jungkook couldn’t help but let out a laugh in disbelief.

 


 

“Pleeeeaaaassseeee,” Jimin wailed. Jin shook his head for the nth time that afternoon as they all made their way back to his car.

“What part of ‘no’ do you not understand?” Jin asked.

“Clearly none, because I don’t get why you’re not just giving his number to me,” Jimin defended.

“Because he just went through a break up, he doesn’t need another person similar to his ex to break his heart again,” argued Jin. Jimin put a hand over his heart in mock offence.

“Ouch. I’m not going to ask him out straight away, just trying to have my foot into the door until the right time comes,” the chubby-cheeked boy said. Jin glared at him.

“I said no,” he finalised. Jimin pouted and huffed. He then looked over to Hoseok who was busy typing away on his phone. Then an idea struck him.

“Hobi~” he called out. Hoseok hummed in response as he looked at Jimin. “Could you give me Jungkook’s number please?”

“Hmm? Oh yeah sure, here,” Hoseok said without a pause as he texted Jungkook’s contact details to Jimin. The younger boy looked at Jin and stuck his tongue out at him while the elder just rolled his eyes.

“Any funny business Jimin, you’re going to face the consequences,” Jin warned.

“Yeah yeah, whatever,” Jimin shrugged off.

Namjoon raised a brow. “Is this his next victim?” he asked Jin.

“Oh god, I hope not,” Jin sighed. “Taehyung’s roommate is going to kill me if I don’t protect his little brother from that horn dog,” he said. Finally reaching the car, Jin unlocked his car doors. Both Hoseok and Jimin got in first.

“Well, only time will tell. Jungkook didn’t seem that interested in him from what I saw. He seemed more into Hoseok,” Namjoon mentioned. Jin furrowed his eyebrows.

“Wait what? When was this?” he asked. Namjoon shrugged.

“I could be wrong, but Jungkook was like giggling like a school girl whenever Hoseok was around him. Not to mention they spent quite a lot of time together today,” Namjoon continued. “I don’t know, don’t take my word for it,” he said before getting into the passenger’s seat.

“Hmm, I see,” Jin muttered before getting into the car last.

Jimin pursed his lips and ran his hand through his hair a couple of times. ‘Man, why is it so hard just to come up with a text message? I do this all the time, why is it that nothing comes to mind now,’ he thought in frustration. Jimin then heard a smirk from his right. “Oh no, what’s wrong Dooly? Can’t think of anything to send to Kookie?” Hoseok taunted.

“Oh shut your trap, just wanted to make sure it’s smooth,” Jimin snapped. Hoseok chuckled.

“Just send anything, it’s not like you can woo someone with one text message,” he commented. “Okay, well maybe not anything…but you know what I mean,”

“Yeah I know. I just…don’t know how to start the conversation,” Jimin stated.

“I guess just ask if he enjoyed his day?” Hoseok suggested. “He probably thought it was cute when he had to help you swim in the shallow end…oh wait, that’s right, it’s still considered the deep end for you,” he joked. Namjoon and Jin let out a barked laugh. Jimin just glared at Hoseok.

“Haha, very funny, pick on the shorter guy. Your height is what’s going for all of you, because you know I could actually kick all of your asses,” Jimin retorted. They all gradually ceased laughing trying to catch their breath.

 

“Whatever Dooly,”

“Shut up!!”