The Arrival

Crying Mannequin

The watch on his wrist already entering another minute and now it's 2 P.M. It's already an hour. They're late. They should be here 15 minutes ago. Park Chanyeol is restless,waiting for his friends to come with their brand new mannequins. He knew buying an imported mannequin could cost them a lot for newbies but Chanyeol somehow manage to persuade his oh-so-manly friends(except for their diva-ish Baek) to buy 9 mannequins. He sent them to get the mannequin as he look after their new premise. People are walking passed his studio only stared at their sign board. probably wondering about the new boutique-studio.Who wouldn't? 4 handsome guys working as designers and received award for winning the group designing competition on Fashion Week are definitely eye-catching.  He bow to the boutique owner next to him(lingerie boutique),Seungri. Then,he paste their boutique's bio on their glass window as the passers-by read them and greeted him.

Finding nothing else to do,he decided to clean their new boutique. He quickly unwrap a few boxes containing sewing machines,numerous multi-colored threads in a few sizes and type,scissors, chalks and his sewing machine. He carefully placed the fabrics that they bought onto the shelves. Then,he wandered off to find the vacuum cleaner and quietly do his job. The empty premise slowly looking like a studio and he make a mind note to buy purple and peach paint to attract more female customers to buy their product. He's both nervous and excited to start their business in 4 days. He never own anything under his name and having his bestfriends as partners are helping him in so many way. He was so into his job that he didn't realize his friends are back. Kai who wanted to pull a prank,hugs Chanyeol from his back,making the giant let out his 'girly-deep voice' scream. His scream ended up with Kyungsoo and Baek rolling on the floor with their mannequins while Kai is holding his mannequin and laugh like a retarded seal.

"Yah..It's not funny. You shouldn't do that you bronze-skin" Slowly catching his breath.

"Well,excuse moi~ You're the one that didn't realized we're back." Chanyeol rolled his eyes and look at the blond mannequin in Kai's hand. He take it from his hand and stare at the mannequin. Wow,they look real! Like those ulzzang hotties. They should thanked me for wanting to buy these mannequins. Chanyeol smile widely and look at the mannequin in his 'proud face' like he just made the smartest decision in his whole life.

"Impressed? These are 2ne1 Mannequins. The owner told me the 4 mannequins are their latest mannequin for CF purposes,which is you can make their body look like real model doing their poses.So, they're quite pricey and now I know why." Kai explained. He took the mannequin from Chanyeol and hold the Bom Mannequin with his arm around her(well,around the box). He gave Chanyeol the purchase information of the limited edition of 2ne1 Mannequins. Chanyeol nodded as he read through the hand out. He stop at the page where Sandara Park a.k.a Dara. She's pretty.

"I thought you said '4 mannequins... so,where's one?" Then,his eyes looked around and searching for the 4th mannequin.

Kyungsoo put the CL mannequin aside and went outside to grab the Dara mannequin. "This..my friend,is Dara-kin. She's manufactured in 12 November last year and I gotta tell you,the owner kept saying this one is special. I don't know what he meant,but she does have the Asian kinda-thing-face rather than the big-eyes-typical dolls. This will be your working mannequin,Yeol."

"Dara-kin?? Wow,I didn't know you're keen to name your 'barbie' some nickname. " Kai looked at Kyungsoo in amused. Chanyeol and Baek shared their 'oh really' look at Kyungsoo.

He snickered and explain that the word mannequin are to long and the word 'doll' makes the doll look cheap. So,he decided to name the mannequin as 'Bom-kin','Dara-kin',CL-kin' and 'Minzy-kin'. "Easier and no more tounge-twisted words. Plus,it's a lot cuter that way.. Don't you think?"

Chanyeol get the doll and admired how spot-on Kyungsoo's explanations are. She really is looked Asian and seems alive. The small pointed nose,rosy cheeks, and a pair of cherry colored-lips.

"Sure~ So.. Where's the male-kinnie? " Chanyeol asked them. The 3 groan in unison and said they'll be right back with the remaining dolls. Chanyeol kept staring at his very own Dara-kin. "You're pretty..Too bad you're a kinnie.I wish you're real." Chanyeol smile at the doll and stand the mannequins at the side of their empty studio.

The 2ne1 Mannequins at the left side of the studio while the ShiNee Mannequins will be taking the right side wall. Satisfied with the order of the mannequins,he slowly unwrap the box that sealed the expensive 2ne1 Mannequins. He carefully cut the tightly-sealed box before putting the human size box to his side. He kept saying 'You're pretty','you look real' and 'I wish you were'. He stare at the Dara-kin and chuckle,before knocking his head. "Pabo.. You're a mannequin. Gosh.. why am I liking you? " He blushed from embarrassment. Probably because Dara-kin is his type of girl. If only she's real. After a few minutes,he decided to take a quick break. He eat the honey rice cake he bought earlier and eat with his back facing the door. Right then,he heard foot steps behind him but he ingored it,thinking it's Kai who wanted to scare him again.

"If you're thinking of scaring me,Kai... you better stop it. I'm in no mood to play around." No answer,only giggles. Girls giggle. That's not Kai. He quickly looked around.He sees no one in the studio but the school girls who was giggling as they took selcas of themselves. Assuming the giggle earlier belong to the group of girls,he only shook his head.He smile in relief and he continue to eat. Thinking he's already 'save' from the pranking,he was caught off-guard as Kai jumped behind him,making him choke on his rice cake. Baekhyun knocked Kai's head and assist the choking giant. He drank the tea that Baekhyun gave him and desperately catching his breath. Kyungsoo faceplamed himself and glares at the never-mature tanned guy. Kai only laugh with his look alike,the Taemin-kin,in his arm.

******************************************************************************************************************************* 

After the episode of the choking and a few round of cat and mouse chase around the studio,they managed to finished their deco. The exhausted faces of the owners of Votre Style(or Your Style in French) are clearly showned. They're all sitting at their own work place and took a quick nap before going out for dinner. It's already 6 P.M and the boys are resting while updating their SNS. Chanyeol on the other hand kept staring at the Dara-kin. He wish the mannequin is real. Like,real person.His hand automatially grab the 2ne1's purchase info. The mannequins profile are interesting. The doll-maker wrote that Dara-kin is a cute and warm-hearted mannequin. It tends to smile naturally in CF,easy to handle for poses,and friendly She's bubbly, but a sweetie-pie. Chanyeol smile reading the Dara-kin 'facts'. The maker must've love his creations. He even wrote the characters to his limited editions as emphasized them like they were real people. Dara.. I wish she's real. 

"Yo. Are we eating or not? " Kai sat on Chanyeol's desk and took the manual from his hand. He read it in a flash before putting it on the desk. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and nodded.

"I think for our hardwork and mostly because the 3 of you are lifting the precious mannequins back and forth,let's eat bulgogi and spicy chicken. It's on me." Baekhyun and Kyungsoo jumping like girls and hurriedly to the door. They waited for the giant and the tanned guy. Chanyeol double check everything before locking his premise.

 

"Yeol-ah,why are you so hard to leave the studio? We haven't had money placed in there except for our rookie award and certificates." Kyungsoo munched his chicken feet. Chanyeol swallowed the remaining coke in his mouth and smile.

"I don't know. I just excited that we finally started our own business. It's thrilling and exciting. "

"Yeol's right,Kyungie. I feel bad leaving the studio. " Baekhyun make another meat wrap and feed Chanyeol. Chanyeol showed his derp smile as they're feeding each other.

"I know right? I mean.. those mannequins are expensive. Nobody really buy them when they started their business. Stuffs happen." Kyungsoo said while grilling the meat.

"Such as?" Kai ask him.

"You know... we didn't have any customers and the mannequins somehow ruined our budget"

"Nah.. Don't say that. I'm sure we'll do just fine. I saw your sketch for the daughter of Busan's mayor. It's stunning." Chanyeol pat Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"Yeol's right. Kai-ah.. you should learn from Kyungsoo.Your sketch are terrible but I just don't know how you manage to make a kick piece from it. "

"You guys are no fun! Instead of worrying,we should celebrate~ We buy the premise with half of our winning money and the mannequins,they're one and only from Xi Luhan! We should be happy and loud for our luck,not worrying over nothing." Kai put his arms on Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

"Xi Luhan..Hurm.. Do you know what he's like,Kai-nim? " Chanyeol asked.

"Waeyo? Something interesting about him?"

"No,Kyungsoo.. It's just.. He named his mannequins(the limited editions) and gave them characters. It's kinda weird and sort of 'Seed of Chucky'."

"Yeah,Yeol's right. My kinnies, Onew-kin and Minzy-kin had these funny characters. Like Minzy-kin is the youngest,cheerful, love cute stuffs and so on. Onew-kin love to act like big brother and love puppy. " Baekhyun nodded while clapping his hand,when he remembered the characters.

"Look,Xi Luhan is like one of the youngest scientist. You know.. experiment and stuffs~ I talked to him last week to confirm the shipping and he told me that the mannequins are special. They're like robot with high-tech thingy. That's why people uses them as CF or model for the brands. When I heard that,I agreed with Chanyeol and decided that we should buy the mannequins. They look real but they're just mannequins."

"Ermm.. Can they talk or move?" Kyungsoo's eyes widen as he really thought the mannequins could be like Chucky.

"I don't know.. I didn't ask him,though. He just said 'treat them extra careful as you don't wanna break their heart'. Sounds crazy but maybe all scientists are like that."

"Yeah.. Hurm.. We should get back to the studio and make ourselves busy with work."

"No.. Like I said before,we should have fun! Work tomorrow,arasso?"

"I'm on with Kai. Should we.. *doing the drinking gesture* Please,Yeol-ah~~" Baekhyun are trying hard to be cute although he's not really a cute-kinda-guy. He rather call himself fierce cub or hot cheetah for his thick eyeliner. He's indeed hot but none of his friends really care,except for when some drunken French guy almost him,thinking he's a girl.

"Kyungsoo and I don't drink. We aren't that high in tolerance when it comes to alcohol. "

"Yepp.. I don't drink,Baek hyung.." Kyungsoo only said in low voice as he drink his coke.

"You guys should go. Kyungsoo will help me at the studio. Here,you can use this money to buy drinks"

"Jinjja?? Yah,I didn't knew you're such a softy,Park Chanyeol"

"Shut up or I'll change my mind,Kai."

"Whatever.. I guess we'll be coming tomorrow,right? I mean.." Baekhyun slowly rub the back of his neck,knowing that they both will ended up pretty drunk after this.

"Ya,ya,ya... I know how to handle the studio. Besides,I have Kyungsoo with me. He's way better that 10 Kai."

"Ouch.. that's sting." Kyungsoo mocked Kai while doing his cute expression.

"Whatever.." Kai rolled his eyes and took Baekhyun with him.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Back at the store..

As the boys leave,the mannequins automatically move. They're yawning just like they've been sleeping and slowly stretched their limb. The ShiNee mannequins are acting like cool guys on college,just like in their manual says. The 2ne1' mannequin were busy looking at their surrounding. Minzy-kin walked towards Kyungsoo's desk,next to Kai's desk. She ran her hands to the sketches in his drawer and suddenly excited.

"Wow..this guy is talented,unnie.." CL-kin came to her,agreeing with Minzy-kin's words.

"Omo,this one is an eyeliner-freak. He's just like Bommie." Jonghyun-kin pointed at the picture of Baekhyun.

Key-kin,Taemin-kin and Onew-kin were busy trying out the ready-made prototype and started to strike some poses. Minho-kin just walked around and admiring all the details in the shop in his mind(LOL..).  He looked around and his eyes fall at a petite kinnie,standing in front of Chanyeols desk. He watched her movements. She slowly carressed the owner's picture and smile. He knew that smile. But it's impossible. There not alive,they're just unique. They're plastics with batteries(but high-tech manufactured by the famous Xi Luhan). How can she possibly.. felt? They're like robot but unique.

"Park Chanyeol.. I wish I'm a real girl too.." Dara say it slowly and took a frame of Chanyeol's picture. He look so cute wearing his military-printed jacket with some random flags on it. Dara smile quietly  as her other friends are walking around,touching the fabrics,sitting at the vacant chair and excited over some sketches. Her eyes looks alive and twinkling. Suddenly,she heard some noises at the door. The mannequins look each other and they're shocked.They're back! The trio who tried on the prototype quickly change to their actual clothing and took their position.

The other mannequins scarded from where they're at and get into their position,too. Dara quickly peck Chanyeol's frame without hesitation and ran back to her spot. Just in time she pose for her position,Chanyeol lifted the sliding zink before unlocking the glass door. His eyes wild up,thinking that he heard some noise in the studio. Seeing no movement,he reach for the switch and switch on the light. Kyungsoo lazily walked and sit down.

"Wow.. I'm so full. I don't think I can sketch in this condition,Yeol-ah.."

"Me either,Kyungie..Maybe it's a bad decision to come here after the abundant meals."

"Lol.. I wanna sleep after eating."

"Yah.." Reaching for his framed picture on his desk with confused face.

"Wae? What's wrong?"

"D-did you.. touched my picture?" Showing the lipstick's mark on the glass of his frame. Kyungsoo's eyes widen and shook his mind.

"Yah,I'm not that crazy. Do you believe I'll kiss your picture with a lipstick?? I'm not a ert."

"Maybe.. this is Kai's doing! Erghh.. I'll get that tanned a$$hole and kissed him with lipstick-"

"Yeol!" Kyungsoo throw his mini pororo doll and roll his eyes.

"What??"

"Don't you 'what' me~ Can't you see it?"

"Of course I can you idiot. If not,I'm not gonna be all pissed off with this lipstick thingy."

"Not that,silly. I mean,the size of the lipstick mark. It's kinda thin for Kai's lips or mine. "

"oh.. You're right.. So.. Baekhyunnie??"

"No! It's not from neither of us and I'm sure it's not even your.Is it?"

"Hell no! I'm not a lunatic to kiss my own picture!"

"So.. who? I mean.. Yura wouldn't pull such a prank,right?"

"My sister won't do that.She hates me."

"Come on.. for real?? It's been ages since that thing happened!"

"I know,but if she apologized for making me lost my puppy,I wouldn't bug her all the time"

"Erghh.. Grow up,will ya? Now,about the lipstick mark.. Maybe your stalker?"

"Who? Sulli?"

"Maybe.."

"Yah! Her lips are thick,just like yours. Besides,she's in America how on Earth could she came all the way here? I'm glad she's far. She's a freak."

"Oh.. Yeah,you're right.. She's so clingy and such a brat too. Should we call kai and Baek?"

"That's okay.. I guess thinking about the lipstick mark would bring us nothing. I'm tired."

"Me too..Huarghhh~"

"There's nothing you wanna do right? "

"Nope.. I'll sketch tomorrow or meet the clients. Let's go home."

With that,the boys once again left their studio in daze,trying to find out who 'kissed' Chanyeol's picture. The 2 locked the door and walk home,leaving the frame and everything in place after making sure to switch off the light.

"Pheww~ That was close!" Bom-kin sighed out in relieve and acting like she's fanning herself. Minho-kin switch on the lights and sighed. Dara-kin just stand in front of Chanyeol's desk,staring at her lipstick's stain. She slowly touch the picture again,as if she's carressing Chanyeol's face.

"You know,you shouldn't do that. You almost get us all in trouble." Minho-kin patted her shoulder and smile at her. All the mannequins nodded. Dara-kin sigh in defeated and nodded too.

"I don't know.. I can't help it. I feel like he would.."

"Like you back? Dara-yah.. He's human. We're not in the same league as he and his friends. We're different."

"But.. He said he wished I were a girl. Look at me.. Look at you guys.. We're all equal."

"Yeah,on the outside. But we're nothing like them from within. We're consists of rubbers,batteries,wires and chips. We're just a human sized doll,like robot."

"Minho.."

"He's right,Dara. You should know better. We're humans' tool to help them in their works,designs and CFs. Not their partner." Onew-kin gave her a weak smile,knowing her pain.

He once like someone back in Japan,but he can't like that girl. She's one of their creators. She's already aware of the feeling aroused when Onew's eyes twinkling at her. That's when Luhan transfered his work partner,Onew's crush,to handle the girls mannequin. He knew their limited editions are smart dolls with feeling. It's top secret that none of his buyers knew of the 'ability' other than the ability of looking like real people in make-up,doing CFs. Dara-kin look at the picture and back at her friends.

"I just wanna feel..in love. I know he like me but I don't know how does it felt. Why do I feel insecure?"

"That's because you didn't know whether he likes you for who you are or not,silly. It happens when you're in a one-sided love" Bom-kin massaged Dara-kin's hand and gave her an encouraging smile.

"Yeah.. Master Luhan said not to fall for human. He examined us and he create us. Don't break the rule" Taemin-kin voiced out his mind and look at her.

"Whatever it is.. I hope I can be human. I'd like to experience cold,hot,hugs or maybe.. his warm touch."

Minho-kin just stare at her,with nothing else escaping from his mouth. She's just as stubborn as he. So,he knew..changing Dara-kin's mind would never work. She's very dedicated and a real rock-headed mannequin.He let out a sigh and walk to Kai's desk. He sat down and watch as everyone continue their excitement over their new 'home'. The place is huge,it consists of toilet,sewing rooms,pantry,display room,store and office. Then,his eyes back onto Dara-kin. She looks happy as she sat at Chanyeol's seat.  Master Luhan,she's just like Onew. Should I 're-start' her? 

 

 

-to be continue-

 

A/N: Annyeonghaseyo.. I've editted the story and I can't help from being insecure. I didn't wrote lots of sci-fi,this is my 1st trial so.. that's that. I hope 1st chapter wasn't that bad. Btw,just ignore the grammar errors. When I get excited or writing faster than usual,stuffs happen. Chapter will be written on 21th February. xoxo!!   -Yullie96