Heat

I Want Your Hot Love and Emotion, Endlessly

It was a hot and humid day, much to Jungkook’s displeasure.  The day just begged to be hated and with the rest of the boys feeling antsy, he just wanted it to be over.  It didn’t help that V had to film this documentary for his social society class and decided to film the boys.

“I’m not even joking, V.  Stop and film another time” Suga pushed the camera away.

The suddenly sullen V pressed the red button with a dramatic sigh, “But it is due tomorrow.”

The group was nearing their dorms, some heading here and some going there.  The school they attended was a co-ed school with dorms to accommodate the students.  It was a college prep school that indirectly shouted “privileged”.  Most of the students were required to stay in the dorms, but only those who filled out lengthy and bothersome forms could ask to live at home.

There were three male dorms.  Jungkook, Jimin, J-hope and V lived in one of the dorm buildings while RapMon, Suga and Jin lived in the adjacent building.  Across campus were the women’s’ dorms, strategically placed avoid conflict.

“You can film us, V.  We are a little less irriated” Jimin kindly said to V who nodded and threw his arm around Jimin.

The four made their way up to their dorm where they immediately made contact with the couches.  J-Hope quickly pulled off his elbow-long shirt and tossed it into the laundry pile.  V began his video recording, Jimin took out his phone and Jungkook the TV.

“No good shows today” the youngest sighed, deciding to stay on a channel that was showing replays of Weekly Idol.  He made his way to the area that was supposed to the kitchen and pulled out an ice pack.

“Here we have a young male, tired and in heat” V zoomed in like he was studying an animal at the zoo.

J-hope reentered the room with a thin sleeveless shirt and basketball shirts.  “V, you don’t even know what that means.”Jungkook quickly nodded.

“Jungkookie isn’t even in heat; he is more frozen than anything” the tall boy laughed, “to be in heat means to be in a period of ual excitement.”  The maknae’s nod of approval turned into a punch on the arm.

J-hope rubbed his arm and swatted away the laughing kid, “If imagery helps, then Jimin is in heat…so many girls, so little time.  I bet he is texting someone new now.  Minji?  Eunbin?”

V’s face expressed understanding then contorted into disgust.  “Correction, Jungkookie is frozen, very very frozen.”

“Well thanks guys, that makes me feel so much better about myself” Jungkook sarcastically replied and he slumped on the couch with an ice pack in hand.

“You are welcome” Jimin answered, not even taking his eyes off of his phone.

They quieted down for a little while, watching the energetic movements of the television.  It wasn’t long though before a talkative J-Hope brought up another topic.

“So who is it, actually?”

Jimin finally looked up from his phone and smiled, “Remi.”

The name Remi didn’t sound familiar to V and he asked, “What happened to Eunbin?”  Eunbin was last week’s conversation apparently as Jimin shook his head.

“She had a boyfriend, but was talking to me because she wanted me as a backup.  Not cool” Jimin sighed and continued to test this…Remi.

Jungkook’s eyes were glued to the TV, but he was listening.  Being young enabled him to do many things like multitask quicker and run faster than anyone else in the room.  He had heard this conversation many times before.  Although Jimin wasn’t a player, he did talk to many girls at different times.  He saw how much problems could arise based off of a simple topic.  Quite bothersome it was, like a fly that never goes away.

He wasn’t completely shut off towards love, but he had bad feelings about it.  All the other boys seemed very open to new opportunities.  RapMon remained steady with his girlfriend, but they did have petty fights which Jungkook thought was stupid.  Then there was Suga who though cute, was quite straightforward with his feelings and caused a lot of girls to get irritated.  Jin was recently recovering from heartbreak and Jimin…well…heat.  J-Hope was a catch among the girls, but he honestly never thought about a real relationship.  Some of his ideals brushed off on Jungkook.  Lastly there was V who could only attract 4D girls that would understand him.

Girls weren’t the problem, he thought they were great.  It was relationships and commitment that required too much of him.  “But whatever” he thought and strayed away from his thoughts.