A New Mark In My Life

I Still Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His heart was thumping, threatening to burst out of his chest, causing small spasms of discomfort throughout the Thai's body.

Thump-Thump Thump-Thump

Coming out of his state of slumber, he could hear a heavy yet quick-paced heartbeat. 

 He hated this feeling. Being sick, not being able to do anything properly. Everything was warm, even with the window open, allowing the outside's cool breeze to waft inside, he was still sweating furiously, drenching his sheets. The only moment he didn't mind being sick was when he was back home, with his mom and dad at work he'd reluctantly be left at home, waiting for his youngest sister to arrive.

He cherished those moments wholeheartedly, even now. Without a word of complaint or annoyance, his younger sister would come home straight from school, not hesitating once to refuse her friends' offers to hang out, instead wandering back home to care for her sick older brother.

She'd silently walk into his room, removing the now dry towel on his burning forehead with a cooler, more damp one. After thoroughly checking if her brother was in any discomfort whatsoever, she'd place a small glass of water with medicine pills on his bedside table, walking back out and quietly shutting the door behing her, leaving her brother to rest. Really she was an angel, and he missed her.

He never thanked her normally, with a simple 'Thank-You' instead he preferred to spoil her, as the youngest, she's babied but she works hard to help her family and make everybody proud. He should call her once he got better so she wouldn't have to worry. Once he moved to Korea to begin his career, he didn't feel right having to worry others, troubling them with his problems, so he tried his best to maintain himself, keep himself from getting sick, yet here he was, getting sick and taking time off while the group was in the middle of promotions.

He sighed, everything seemed to be getting harder. He was tired, heartbroken, and nervous of what was to come of the future. He didn't know what would happen, but at least, he knew what he wanted to do. He'd discussed with Jun.K and Jonghyun about his whole moving on idea, and decided, it wouldn't just remain a thought.

Should I move on? No, I will move on and maybe, just maybe, I'll become happier for it. Who knows, maybe there's someone out there who is willing to catch my heart. Willing to catch it and accept it, keep it for all it's flaws and the love that it's willing to offer. Maybe I just haven't found the one yet.

With another slight spasm in the head from all the thinking he'd been doing, he opened his eyes, only to see a blurry vision of his room, the accumulated fatigue from the past few days with the addition of a fever caused an abrupt downfall in the sharpness of the senses of his body. Sighing, he closed his eyes again, lifting his hand, and raising his palm to his forehead, feeling how warm he was.

Stupid really, he couldn't sense the heat of his body. Due to his fever, his overall body temperature had risen and rendered him incapable of sensing any difference in his own warmth. Although he couldn't feel it that way, he knew he was pretty sick by how crappy he felt.

He knew he should have taken the others' advice about taking a rest more seriously and almost completely regretted his refusal more and more as the heat around him seemed to intensify along with the pulsing in his head. But during those moment, all that pushing and working himself out helped him forget about things for a moment. He needed the space and relief from all those clouding thoughts taking over his mind.

Oh well, he thought. With the whole going overboard ordeal, he mastered his moves for their song's routine and can almost perfectly sing and rap his parts. Once he recovers he won't have to try too hard to catch up to the others. Now, he could focus on resting and getting better without having to worry too much.

He slowly sat up, wiping the sweat of his forehead only to be replaced by a fresh coat.  He looked over to the digital clock at his side to see how long he had been out, slightly heaving and disoriented by the dizzy spell that came over him from turning too quickly.

Four hours already huh? 

K: "Ugh, I feel like a hammer came and played whack-a-mole with my head," he stated, slightly rubbing his temples to ease the pain.

"Really? Well, you do look the part to some extent as well."

Looking up, Khun is suprised to see the eyes of his boss-figure, JYP, looking over at him with only his head peering through the door. Curiously scanning the room, he stepped inside without closing the door behind him.

K: "Oh, Jinyoung-hyung, what are you doing here?" asked Khun, sincerely curious about the visitors sudden arrival.

Jinyoung-hyung had been over to their dorm plenty of times before, but after moving to their new living quarters, he'd only been able to visit and greet the boys once. At that point, the boys hadn't lived their very long, evidence of the new occupants still not made, there would be an obviously cast difference on how everything looked and was placed, thankfully, there now seemed to be a more 'homely' feeling.

JYP: "I was going to come over and knock some sense into you about neglecting your health but, seeing how bad you must feel.... I'll save it for next time." the producer answered, a comforting smile playing on his lips. "Ah, wait."

Quickly slipping back out of the room through the opened door, he came back after picking up what he'd brought for the younger. "Here, make sure you take all these and try to get better alright?" Taking a seat on the desk chair beside the bed, he rummaged through the bag, sorting out its contents. "There's some tea if your throat feels uncomfortable, some cough syrup, and some other stuff I hope will help."

Smiling brightly at the older man, Nichkhun reached and for the bag and looked up to the other.

K: "Thanks hyung, this means a lot." 

It really did mean a lot to him, he knew he was surrounded by people who cared, but that didn't stop his heart from growing warmer with all their acts of kindness.

JYP: "No problem kid, oh! That reminds me, you have someone else you should thank too, he helped me with-... Now that I think about it, you could help-"

Jinyoung lost himself in his thoughts for a few seconds seeming to be mulling over something until he seemed to have finally concluded what he'd do.

JYP: "Hey Khun, I'm going to bring someone over tomarrow, alright? You may not be fully recuperated but I know you won't feel as bad tomarrow."

K: "That's fine but why? And why are you only telling me?" he asked curiously. The other hardly ever brought others along with him when he'd visit.

JYP: "Well you know him but I don't think you guys have ever really tried talking. He's younger than you and he really reminds me of you. He's having some problems with s." replied the gorilla-looking boss, sighing.

K: "Are they fighting?" asked Khun, quite interested yet worried about this mystery guy that he apparently was acquainted with.

JYP: "Sometimes, I wish they would, because after they'd make up they'd become closer." sighed the elder again, pinching the bridge of his nose. "He's not close to any of them and I worry, you know? He a foreigner too so with him not being fully accustomed to Korean culture and language he has a hard time. He can't see his family as easily as the others either so he's probably lonely. And-" he hissed a bit and playfully gritted his teeth while looking at Khun with an accusing gaze, "he doesn't like going to others for help thinking he's going to bother them or something, like someone else I know." 

K: "Hmm, well, what's he like?" asked the younger, actually feeling eager to find out more about the other.

JYP: "Well, on stage he seems like the cool and composed kind of guy, you know confident and stuff but once you get to kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter