Chapter 2

That Winter I Fell For You

"Wow what's that what's that!" She pointed at the observatory tower to the left. 

"That's the observatory tower." I said matter-of-factly. 

I cursed and swore in my head as she asked for the umpteenth time. I focused on the road ahead hoping to distract myself for the 'ohhs' and 'ahhs' coming from her. The simplest of stuff seems to amaze her, it makes me wonder where she has been living all these while. 

"Anyways where are you bringing me?" She asked amidst all her other questions. 

"My place of course, or if you preferred I could ask my mum to get a hotel for you." I suggested, hoping to get her off my back. 

"Your place? Erm who are you?" 

I widened my eyes and caught a good look at her expression making sure she was not trying to fool around with me. 

"This girl got on my car, well technically it's my uncle's car, without knowing who am I? She's got to be kidding me!" I silently raged. 

"Well I'm Yuri, the daughter of your mother's friend." I tried to be polite. 

"Really? You can't be thinking of kidnapping me right? I have nothing valuable." She crossed her arms over her chest, which I would've found rather cute if she had not just irritated me just moments before. 

I let out a sly smile and decided to . Well it's not my fault she decided annoy me in the first place. 

"Oh I'm going to kidnap you all right. But what are you going to do about it? A girl all alone, away from her home, in another country." I came up with the best villain laugh I could think of. 

"No please, please let me go." She sobbed, tears evident in her eyes. 

I looked at her using the rear view mirror. Her eyes swelled up within minutes. I felt bad about tricking her. I wouldn't have if I had known it'd come to this. 

All of a sudden I felt a force on the steering wheel. The girl had tried to crash the car. Thankfully I was stronger than her and counteracted the force easily. The car swerved slightly, not hitting anything. 

I heaved a sigh a relief then turned around to glare at her. She gave her puppy eyes, one that showed her vulnerability and shock. That look calmed me down for a certain reason. 

"Heck it, it was my fault to begin with." I muttered under my breath. 

"I'm just joking with you. Now just sit down while I bring you to my place. I'm your mum's friend's daughter so you can trust me." I reassured her. 

"Why did you have to do that?" I knew she was talking to herself so I didn't reply. 

She sat quietly behind for the rest of the trip. Head faced down, face flushed with embarrassment. 

----------

"Here let me get that for you." I offered to take her luggage up my place. 

"Erm no it's okay." She rejected me and hastily took her luggage into the house. 

"Oh welcome Yoona." My mum proceeded to give a tight hug to the girl. I closed the door after following her into the house. 

"Hi auntie, thanks for letting me stay at your place." She bowed as she did when she first saw me. 

"Oh it's my pleasure. Here let me show you to your room." My mum dragged Yoona by the hand and I took the opportunity to lie on the sofa and take a rest. 

"Oww. I'm sorry." I heard Yoona say as she tripped while going up the stairs. The sound made that obvious. 

"Oh my, are you all right?" My mum asked. I wondered if she'd ever showed that much concern for me. She'd probably scold me for being careless. 

Yoona let out a laugh and replied that she was all right. The duo then went up the stairs to her bedroom. 

"Well at least she's herself again." I thought to myself as I urged myself to sleep. Her laugh echoed in my head, something about her that didn't annoyed me as much, something I might have liked. Well, I'm never going to tell her that. 

----------

2 weeks later 

"Yah Yoona brake!" I screamed at her. 

The girl tilt her feet sideways, frowning her brows in concentration. 

"You idiot!" I opened up both my hands waiting to catch her. 

She hit me flat in the chest and the force was too much that it caused us both to tumble down. 

"That freaking hurts. How can you be so lousy even after two weeks of playing in the snow!" I burst the moment I recover. 

Then our eyes met and without a second thought both of us burst out in laughter. 

I have been bringing Yoona around the country for the past weeks. We went for food, sight seeing, hiking, and now we're skateboarding. 

It's not like I enjoy taking her out. 'Bring her out, make sure she enjoys herself', it was my mum that forced me to bring her around. 

Well maybe I did enjoy her company at times. But that's because she's such a clown. She makes me laugh so hard every time she does something clumsy. And whenever she does her alligator laugh, I just can't help but break into a smile. 

We returned to the inn after a long day of skating. I took off my shoes and socks and rushed into the showers. 

"I'm going to bath first! Without you!" I . I was just trying to be friendly, I'm not asking for her attention, I swear. 

"Hey I'm freezing too." She whined. I smiled to myself like an idiot then ushered her into the showers. 

"Here, you go ahead, I'll wait for you." I closed the door behind her. 

"You know we could just share the showers together, we're both girls." 

"What no way." I blushed at her offer. 

----------

I shook the water out of my hair and tussled it with the towel. I proceeded to join Yoona at the porch. 

"Hey." I laid myself comfortably in the chair. 

"Hi." She gave me that irresistible smile. 

We chatted through the night and drank hot choco to keep ourselves warm. 

"Yuri, you think if I made a wish upon a star it'd come through?" Her tone suddenly felt serious. 

"Sure, I mean if you wish hard enough I'm sure it'll come through." I replied in all seriousness. 

"What if it's a wish that only the gods can grant?" If it wasn't for her gaze I would have thought it was a joke. 

"Well, then maybe a special star could do the job, a shooting star!" I didn't want to disappoint her by saying no. 

"Is that so? I'm just kidding around with you." She chuckled again. 

Just then a shooting star shot past by taking both of us by surprise. 
 
"Quick, quick make a wish!" I slapped Yoona's shoulder furiously. 

Both of us clenched our fist together and shut our eyes. I didn't have any particular thing I wanted at the moment so I wished that Yoona's wish would come true instead. 

"Wow we're so lucky." We both laughed. 

"Now my turn to ask a question, have you ever been in love?" I waited anxiously for her answer.