4

It's Really Embarrassing

Here's the last chapter. I honestly just spent the afternoon writing this whole thing so I fiured I'd just post it all at once. Anyways, this fic was based on what happened to me because I'm embarrassing as .

The Eighth Time

Jonghyun looks at his phone, smiling like an idiot and not paying attention to where he’s walking. Of course, he walks straight in to someone and the two of them end up on the ground. “Ah, I’m really sorry,” Jonghyun apologizes, stands up and helps the other person up. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she flashes a smile at Jonghyun. “Are you alright?”

Jonghyun nods. “Yeah.”

“I’m Cici,” she introduces herself, smiling.

“Jonghyun. Nice to meet you, Cici.” Jonghyun swears that he sees Cici falter for a second, a confused and worried look appearing on her face but it’s gone as soon as it came so Jonghuyn dismissed it as his imagination.

“Well, I’m sorry if I made you late, Jonghyun.”

“Oh, no. I was heading to get something to eat actually. You didn’t make me late. Besides, I’m the one who wasn’t looking where I was going.

“I was going to eat, too. Why don’t we go together?” Cici suggest, a smile still plastered on her face.

“Yeah but-”

Jonghyun’s cut off by someone shouting Cici’s name. “Cici, hey! I was just about to text you. Where are you headed?”

“Going to lunch,” she responds.

Jonghyun thinks he recognizes that voice. No, he knows he recognizes that voice.

Kibum steps up next to him, facing Cici but doesn’t seem to notice Jonghyun. “Let’s go together,” Kibum offers.

“Sure, I’m going with him, too. We can all go together.”

“Huh?” Kibum turns to his right, eyes meeting Jonghyun’s for the first time since Jonghyun ran out weeks ago. “J-Jonghyun?!” Kibum stutters.

“You two know each other?” Cici asks.

“Yeah. Actually, I just remembered I have a test tomorrow so I’m going to study instead of eating right now. Sorry.” Jonghyun turns and walks away before Cici or Kibum can say anything.

“I’m sorry, Cici. But I need to go.” Kibum runs after Jonghyun, trying to catch up with him. “Jonghyun, wait! I’m sorry!”

Jonghyun inhales and exhales deeply and stops walking. Kibum jogs and stops at Jonghyun’s side. “I’m sorry. I was being a jerk last time. I was just shocked. I didn’t remember anything when I woke up. I’m really sorry.”

“You’re sorry?” Jonghyun scoffs and rolls his eyes. “I really ing liked you and I don’t even know why! We hardly talked, I can’t even say that we knew each other but I still liked you! And then I thought maybe you felt the same way after that time but I guess not!”

“Jonghyun…”

“No, stop. I don’t need excuses. Every time I’m with you I embarrass myself so of course you just think I’m some idiot but it’s because I like you. I’m not normally like that.”

“Jonghyun, listen to me-”

“So you can tell me how much of a mistake it was that you slept with me?!” By now, several people were watching the two, including Cici.

“Y-you slept together?” Cici asks quietly. Both Jonghyun and Kibum turn to her, surprised.

“I thought you left,” they both say.

Cici shakes her head, tears streaming down her face. “I-I didn’t know,” she stutters.

“Didn’t know what?” Kibum prods.

“That y-you’re… that you liked g-guys.” Cici sniffles and wipes a tear away. “I-I really like you, Kibum!” she confesses, immediately covering with her hand after saying that.

“Cici?” Kibum asks, in shock, not really sure what to do.

Cici runs away, crying, while Kibum stares after her blankly. He’s about to go after her when Jonghyun grabs his wrist. “You’re only going to make things worse. She needs time away from you right now.”

“Prick,” Kibum mutters, pulling out of Jonghyun’s grasp and running after Cici.

Two days later, Kibum calling him a prick is still ringing in Jonghyun’s ears. “Well if there ever was any chance for me, it’s gone now.”

“Don’t be so pessimistic. He went after you, that means something,” Krystal encourages. Jonghyun ignores her comments, not wanting to hear it.

“His friend was crying, what else was he going to do? Stay with you?” Minho points out.

“It’s not that that bothers me. He called me a prick and I can’t get that out of my head,” Jonghyun says. “No matter what, I can hear his voice saying that to me. And I confessed to him. Like a ing long confession too. It was so embarrassing.

“You just need to talk to him. Clear things up.”

“I guess.”

“Have you ever talked to him without embarrassing yourself?” Minho asks.

The First Time

Later that night, Jonghyun gets a text from Kibum: “Can we talk?”

They meet up at a coffee shop near both of their apartments fifteen minutes later. “What did you want to talk about?” Jonghyun asks absent-mindedly, stirring his coffee.

“I want to apologize. Completely this time.”

Jonghyun looks up, expecting a half-hearted and stupid apology from Kibum.

“I want to apologize to you. For everything that I’ve done to you. For last time and the time before that.”

“Did you clear things up with that girl?” Jonghyun asks, her name slipping his mind.

“Cici? Yeah, she’s fine now. She was just shocked. But that’s not what the point is. What I’m trying to say is I was being a complete . The morning after when I acted like that, and the last time when you confessed and I ended up calling you a prick. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean it. It’s just that Cici is one of my closest friends and I was panicking.”

“She’s so close to you but she doesn’t know that you’re gay?”

Kibum shrugs. “It never came up and I don’t usually tell people. They tend to figure it out pretty quickly and I thought Cici had, too. I guess I was wrong. But again, that’s not the point. I want you to know how sorry I am.”

“Fine. But why were you so upset the morning after?”

Kibum bites his lower lip and looks down. He swirls his water in the cup. “To be honest, I just wasn’t imagining our first time together to be like that.”

“H-huh? You imagined our first time together before that?” Jonghyun teases. He then remembers the situation and frowns. “Wait, so you liked me then, too?”

“I was attracted to you when I first met you. I didn’t talk to you because I knew you were Korean. I talked to you because you caught my attention. I started to like you when I saw you frequently, when we would just pass each other on the street. There was one day when I didn’t see you when I usually would have, and honestly I was pretty disappointed that day.” Kibum smirks and looks up at Jonghyun whose mouth is wide open. “You should close your mouth,” Kibum laughs, rolling his eyes.

Jonghyun blushes and closes his mouth, grinning widely. Kibum reaches out to touch Jonghyun but accidentally knocks his cup over and water spills over Jonghyun’s pants. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry,” Kibum apologizes, blushing bright red.

Jonghyun smirks and wipes the table with a napkin. “Why are you smiling? Aren’t you angry?” Kibum asks, slightly surprised that Jonghyun doesn’t seem to care.

“This is the first time you’ve done something embarrassing in front of me,” Jonghyun says, grabbing Kibum’s hands in his. He leans over the table and kisses Kibum’s lips. When he pulls back, he sees that Kibum looks genuinely shocked.

Jonghyun and Kibum stand outside the café, the cold night air sends shivers through their bodies. “Well,” Jonghyun starts awkwardly, “I’m gonna head back. I’ll see you later.” His voice trails off, hoping for Kibum to take initiative and ask to be walked home or offer to walk Jonghyun home.

Instead, he says something that Jonghyun did not expect. “Why don’t we both just go back to my place since it’s closer? I don’t want you walking back by yourself in the cold.”