Chapter 27: Time's Secret

Somewhere in Time

1915

The summer evening blew a cool breeze inside Pie's window. It was a good day, just when she was about to lose faith, she was given a glimpse of hope. Or was it just the heat getting in her head? No. Pie thought to herself. She has never seen Kim wore the clothes she was wearing when the vision appeared. She found a sense of relief that the wormhole might not be closed after all. It was a restless night. Pie's mind is filled with thoughts of Kim. Please.. Please open up as soon as possible. I can't wait to see her. Pie prayed in her mind. Little did she know, the day to come will give her more sleepless nights.

 

Morning came and found Pie still asleep in her bed. She was awaken by the sound of Aunt In's footsteps as she approached her, “Miss Pie, wake up. Your parents would like to have breakfast with you.” Pie stood from her bed and greeted Aunt In then she proceeds to her bathroom to freshen up. She found her parents already sitting in the dining room, waiting for her. “Good morning dear, have a seat.” Her mother said as she pulls the chair next to her. “Good morning, mother, father.” Pie gave them her sweetest smile. “Oh my, did something good happen yesterday?” Her father asked her. “Yes, actually something did.” Pie replied. “What is it, dear?” Her mother asked. “I had a vision of Kim and her friends yesterday. It was real, the clothes Kim was wearing, I have never seen them before. Mother, father, this means the wormhole is not closed.” Pie replied. “That is good Pie. But that means, you will have to leave soon.” Mrs. Mindara's voice hinted a bit of sadness. “Mother, I uh..” Pie felt a bit of guilt inside her. I've been selfish. All I ever thought about was seeing Kim again and I have completely forgotten that I will be leaving them behind. “Pie, we've always known that someday, you will need to leave us. It's a part of our lives. Parents must let go of their children at someday, hoping that they raise them well, and that they will never forget them.” Mrs. Mindara took a breath. “Pie, we only want happiness for you. And if you can find that happiness in Kim in the future, we gladly give you our blessing. If you have the opportunity to go, then go child. Do not hesitate to follow your heart. I believe your mother and I raised you well.” Her father said. “Mother, father, I'm sorry for being selfish. Thank you for understanding me. Thank you for everything.” Pie hugged both her parents. Their hug was broken by a knock. “Pardon my intrusion, sir, madam and miss. There is an urgent package for Miss Pie.” Their servant was carrying a yellow envelope tied by string. In front of the envelope, there was a note hanging from the string. “THE CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE ARE STRICTLY FOR THE EYES OF PIE MINDARA ONLY.” Pie read. “Package this early? On a Sunday? Ood, who delivered this?” Pie's father asked. “ An old man sir, though I didn't get a good look at his face, he was wearing a hat and the shadow covered it up. Though, I could have sworn that he sounded like a woman. Oh, forgive my foolishness sir, the summer heat must be affecting my head.” Ood explained. “I think it's best if I take a look at it first.” Pie said as she unties the string. She opened the envelope, the contents inside it shocked Pie that she almost faints. “What is it Pie? Are you alright?” Her father worriedly asked as he approached her. “Father, wait. I'm alright. You really cannot see this, yet. I promise you, I will show it to you soon. P'Ood, is the old man still there?” Pie asked as she ran towards the main door. “Miss Pie, wait. He left as soon as I received the package.” Ood chased after Pie. “Ow! P'Ood, what did he look like? Please describe him to me.”

 

2015

Holy ! Is this for real? How did it get here?” Zee exclaimed. The incident yesterday all left them sleepless, especially Kim. Zee examined the object hidden between the leather cover of the journal. “Kim, this time travel and paradox stuff are really messing me up here.” Zee said while pointing her finger on her head. “That makes the two of us man. I don't know how it got there. So, it is legit?” Kim asked. “Yeah, a hundred percent. See here? The yellowing of the paper means this has been inside for a long long time. And the ink, it matches the ink used by Pie in your journal.” Zee explained. “But it's my handwriting and this is a photo of me and Pie never happened.” Kim said. “Yet. Never happened yet, Kim.” Zee cuts her, then reads the letter written behind the photo:

 

To my younger self,

Hello! I know this may come as a surprise to you but this is real. I know Zee is there to confirm it. Remember when you researched about time travel and paradox? Well, you may think this will catastrophic consequences but no, so don't panic pal. In fact, this will help everything to back to the right track. I know you are losing hope about seeing Pie again, and you will break. That will lead to a very ugly time line. Like we said before, the wormhole is a bridge between our world and Pie's. I still do not know why this phenomenon occurs but it does. Every decision we make creates a new time line. That's all you need to know, and this photo. Don't lose hope buddy, you will reunite. Have faith.

 

Zee finished reading the letter then turned it to Kim. Kim looked at the photo. It was her and Pie, she was wearing a black three-piece tux while Pie was wearing a white gown. They were happy, laughing as a matter of fact. Pie was in her arms while people around them were throwing flowers. It's their wedding photo. “You really hate spoilers don't you? You don't even want to spoil yourself with what will happen to your life.” Zee said. Yam and Kim laughed.