Chapter 19: Rogue Storm

Somewhere in Time

1914

Father, I can explain.” Pie spoke out to her father who stood still beside the door. His eyes were narrow, veins on his temple were popping. Then he exploads. “How dare you! After everything I have done for you still have the audacity to bring that little here! And Van, I am very dissapointed in you. I cannot believe you are a part of this!” Then Mr. Mindara walks towards Kim and grabbed her collar. “You.. I took you in my home, trusted you with my daughter's life and you went behind my back and seduced my daughter! You are nothing! How can you give my daughter the life she has now, the life she deserves? You do not deserve my daughter! You're just some scum that took advantage of her innocence.” Then he threw Kim to the ground. “Father! Stop please!” Pie held on Mr. Mindara's arm, Van helps Kim to stand up. “Sir, I am very sorry you feel that way but I do love your daughter. And I will do everything in my power to give her the life she deserves. I did not mean to go behind your back sir, and I did not mean to fall for your daughter. I did all that I could to contain what I feel for her but I just can't. Pie is a wonderful woman, she is kind, she is very intelligent and very funny, and most of all, she has a big heart. She does not deserve to be cooped up like a little bird, she.. ugh!” Mr. Mindara hits Kim on face. The clouds start to form up, thunders roar followed by flashes of lightning. Kim fell and Pie and Van were shocked. “She is my daughter, and I will not allow my daughter to be with someone beneath her.” Then Van spoke up. “Sir, please..” “You stay out of this, I thought you knew better.” Mr. Mindara grabbed Van collar then lets go. “Father please, you do not understand. I love her!” Pie suddenly felt chills down her spine, she covered with her hands. Her heart skipped beats and she looked at Kim. Kim's face turned pale, she stands up and walks near Pie. “Her?” Mr. Mindara clears up. “Did you say her?” Mr. Mindara looked closely at Kim then pulls her shirt, tearing the buttons apart, unveiling her s beneath her binders. Mr. Mindara was bursting with anger when he saw this, then Mrs. Mindara came in after hearing the noise and commotion. “What is happening he..here..” Mrs. Mindara saw Kim's chest, her jaw dropped and quickly pulls Pie away from Kim. “Get out of our home, you.. you.. FREAK!” Mrs. Mindara screamed. Then thunders roared again, rain starts to fall.

 

Pie's heart was torn when she heard her mother call Kim a freak. Her eyes start to tear, and her body starts to feel cold. Then Pie took all the courage inside her and breaks from her mother's grip and ran towards Kim. “Father, mother, this is who I really am. I love her. All my life, I have done everything you asked me to do. I followed the path you laid before me but now, I must follow my own path. I know you care for me deeply, but please.. Trust me with my decision, you raised me well and you know that I chose Kim for a good reason. I am not just a prize waiting to be won by some man who you favor father. I don't spend my life with someone who wants me just because he can gain your favor, or just to boast to his friends that he has a pretty little wife waiting for him at home. Try understand where I'm coming from, father. Mother, I think you know very well what I am talking about.” Kim and Pie waited for her parents' reaction. Van stood there as well, he felt sympathy towards Pie and admiration towards her as well. “No, Pie. This is different, if Kim was a man, then perhaps.. we could compromise, but she is a woman.” Her mother spoke. “This is unnatural Pie, you must understand. We cannot accept something like this, the world cannot accept something like this. You will be mocked all your life.” Kim looked at Pie, then suddenly, the unison voices of the three silhouettes starts to echo in her head. You are her curse, you are her demise. Then Kim starts to think. What if being with me really ruins her life? What if the silhouettes were right? Then Mrs. Mindara turned to Kim. “What are you? And do you really love my daughter? Have you really thought this through? Did you ever think for once that the world cannot accept you? That you and Pie will be mocked and looked down for the rest of your life? And did you know that Pie dreams of having children? How can you give that to her?” Kim looked at Pie with much guilt. “Pie.. I, uh.” Pie puts her pointer finger on Kim's lips. “Kim, as long as I have you, nothing else matters. You brought me back to life, you showed me a world I thought never existed. You're all I need Kim.” Pie smiled sweetly at Kim then turned her gaze upon her parents. “Mother, father, if you cannot accept us then there is nothing I can do. But it would mean the world to the both of us, especially me if you could have it in your heart you accept our love. I am sorry, but I cannot stay here. I need to live my own life. I am very sorry to dissapoint you. I truly am. Let's go Kim.” Pie grabs Kim's arm and pulled her towards the exit followed by Van. “I'm sorry, sir, ma'am.” Kim said before they left. The rains starts to fall heavily and the thunders roared. Then suddenly, Mr. Mindara pulled something from his jacket. Pie turned to take a last look at her parents and found her father pointing a revolver at Kim. Pie's eyes widened. BANG! There it is.. flying, spinnig.. slicing through the rain, slicing through time. With the speed of approximately 1400 feet per second, there was only a split second to decide.. and Pie decided it will be her instead of Kim.

 

I heard a loud bang which I thought was thunder, then felt something wet and warm splatter behind me, and then I felt her body fall on me. The love of my life, I caught her and we both stumled on the floor. She was bleeding from her left abdomen, I covered the wound with my hand.. and.. sob.. sob.. Pie, I... sob.. sob. No! Pie no! Sob.. I don't know what to do! Pie, please stay here.. don't die.. sob..

Kim's hands were shaking as the blood continues to flow from Pie's abdomen, she laid Pie on her lap and took off her coat then covered Pie with it. “Pie, no. Stay still. I'll get you fixed up.” Kim sobs as she tries to stop the bleeding. Mr. Mindara dropped the gun and wept, he could not believe he accidentally shot his own daughter. Van and Mrs. Mindara on the other hand rushed towards Kim and Pie to help. “Kim, let's take her to the doctor.” Van said as he tries to carry Pie from Kim. “We need a a hospital Van.” Mrs. Mindara said, her voice shaking. “It's too far, we'll never make it in time.” Van replied. Then a thunder roared, Kim was blinded. “The wormhole Van! It's opening! It's our only chance, there is a hospital near the manor in the future, and the cars are way faster there. It's Pie's only chance!” Kim remembered. “What are you takling about?” Mrs. Mindara asked. “I'm sorry ma'am, but it's Pie's only chance. I can explain it to you later. We must hurry up or it will close on us.” Van answered as they ran towards the Wormhole. Then a second thunder roared, Van and Mrs. Mindara were blinded and almost drops Pie, fortunately Kim caught her and continued to head for the Wormhole. As soon as they regained their consciousness, Van and Mrs. Mindara ran towards the hallway near the Grand Dining Area. And then, the third thunder roared. Kim and Pie were just in the nick of time,they dissapeared right before Van and Mrs. Mindara.

 

2014

Kim and Pie arrived at the 2014 Mindara Manor. “YAAAM!! HELP!!” Kim shouts as she heads outside with Pie. Yam came quickly and saw them. She took Kim's truck keys and opened the truck. Yam drove as Kim held Pie in the backseat. They were rushing towards the hospital. “Kim..” Pie spoke. “Pie, stay still. I'm taking you to the hospital. Yam, please hurry.” Kim's voice was almost crying. Pie's head was hurting, as well as her gunshot. Kim held her close and prayed. Finally, they arrived. The nurses from the Emergency Room took Pie and puts her on a stretcher, then to the operating room. As soon as Yam parked the truck, she quickly rushed to the ER and found Kim sitting in a corner, all covered in blood and sobbing. She rushed towards Kim quickly and hugged her. “It's going to be alright Kim. She's gonna alright.” Yam rubs Kim's back and hair. “Let's get you cleaned up first, you'll scare Pie when she wakes up and find you all covered in blood like that, kiddo.” Yam tries to ease Kim. She took her to the comfort room and Kim washed herself. Then Yam called Bai. “Hello, Bai. I'm here at the hospital...what? No, I'm alright. Kim.. Kim is back.. with Pie Mindara. Listen, can you please bring a fresh set of clothes for me and Kim. I'll explain it to you later. Thanks!” The she turned back to Kim, she was still sobbing though some of the blood was cleaned. “It's all my fault Yam. I am her curse, I am her demise. The silhouettes told me, but I didn't listened. This is my punishment.” Kim starts to cry. Yam hugged Kim. “Hey, kiddo. It's not your fault. Easy, old Yam is here.” Then Yam's phone rang. “You're here? Okay, we'll be right there.” Yam and Kim went back to the ER to meet Bai and Mike. They were both shocked to see Kim all covered in blood. Then a doctor from the ER came out. “Are you the with the girl who was shot?” The doctor asked Kim. “Yes, how is she? Is she going to be alright?” Kim worriedly asked. “Yes, she is stable now. We took out the bullet just in time and fortunately, she did not lose many blood. We're just patching her up now, you can see her in about 30 minutese. We'll need the name of the patient and information about her. Also, have you notified the police about this?” Kim has forgotten about those things, she cannot tell the police she was shot in the past, in 1914. Then Mike answered. “Sorry, our friend found her in the street like this. The patient is our friend from abroad. Her name is Pie Mindara. I will fill up the information.”

 

Meanwhile, in the ER, Pie is starting to regain her consciousness, her head was heavy and her sight was blurry. There was a bright light blinding her, people dressed in white and bluegreen gowns were all around her. There were machines all over her, and there was a tube attached to her arm. “Kim..” She mumbles. “Oh, she's awake.” One of the nurses said. “Miss, we'll call your friends alright?” Then Kim entered the room. “Pie, thank goodness you're alright.” Kim caressed Pie's cheek. “Kim, where are we? Where are mother and father?” Pie asked. “Pie, we are in the hospital, and Pie, we are in 2014.”