1/1

till the sun returns

Jungkook is honestly in love with the sight of Namjoon hunched over, his fingers wrapped around a pencil as he scratches out and adds new words to a song he’s been writing. He likes it when Namjoon runs his hands through his disheveled bed hair in frustration because he just can’t find the right word to fit the lyrics. He likes it when Namjoon chews on the edge of the pencil and taps the desk with his fingers incessantly because of the sudden ideas leaping about his mind. Jungkook especially likes it when a small smile appears on Namjoon’s face because he’s finally found the right flow.

Jungkook takes a couple long strides across the room and drops onto the sofa that Namjoon has claimed his for the night. He has to squeeze because Namjoon’s legs are stretched across and Namjoon was far from short. Jungkook taps Namjoon’s knees but the leader doesn’t seem to notice because the pencil in his hand is still gliding across the paper as he hums the beat of the song for the nth time. Jungkook wants to clear his throat but he knows the leader hates being interrupted when he’s writing lyrics.

Instead, he waits and watches.

He watches as Namjoon flips through his numerous notebooks, nearly ripping a couple pages out of them. The leader soon slows down, the sound of his mumbling softens and his body is less tense. “Hyung,”. It comes out soft, nearly inaudible, but it still served its purpose.

Namjoon swings his legs off the sofa and pats the spot right next to him, coaxing Jungkook to come closer. He still hasn’t said anything. Jungkook slides closer and leans his head on Namjoon’s bare arm. “How’s the song coming along?” Jungkook mumbles, his fingers playing with the hem of Namjoon’s wife-beater.

“Perfect.”

Namjoon’s voice is just as soft but it sounds raspy and tired unlike Jungkook’s calm yet childlike tone. Jungkook knows the leader is feeling too lethargic to speak anymore than a single word so he starts babbling about random things. “Yoongi hyung voluntarily washed the dishes while you were out,”, “Hope hyung was nagging again. He smacked Taehyungie hyung with a broom because he didn’t fold his futon,”, “Jimin hyung spilt coke onto the carpet but Jin hyung was the one who cleaned it. That’s so unfair. I got smacked on the head when I did that.”

Namjoon doesn’t say anything in reply but the tired grin on his lips is enough for Jungkook to know that he’s still listening. Jungkook is now lying down, his head on Namjoon’s lap and his hands wrapped around Namjoon’s thighs. The leader is playing with his hair, slowly lulling him to sleep as he continues mumbling about the other members.

He’s about to complain about Yoongi stealing his underwear again but he’s interrupted by a yawn. Namjoon’s eyebrows furrow and he looks a little worried. He well aware that none of them have been getting enough sleep but the effects were worse on the youngest member because he was still growing.

“Hey, go to sleep. I’ll carry you back to the dorm.” Namjoon murmurs. His hands were cupping Jungkook’s face as he traced the eye bags on the poor kid’s face. Jungkook wants to protest but his eyes flutter close. His breathing evens out and his head feels like deadweight on Namjoon’s lap.

Namjoon carefully shifts Jungkook’s body so he can get into a more comfortable position. He lies down behind Jungkook, wrapping his arms around the boy’s waist and pulling him closer. Their legs somehow become a tangled mess but Namjoon doesn’t really care because the smell of Jungkook’s vanilla scented shampoo has put his mind under a spell.

There are a million kinks in his back and his neck is in an awkward position but he doesn’t complain because the warmth from Jungkook’s body is soothing, even if it was temporary relief. His eyes shut and he buries his nose in Jungkook’s hair. It’s 4am and he can’t wait to wake up even though he’s just fallen asleep because waking up means entangled limbs and Jungkook’s adorable sleeping face.