He Said Yes

Purring Companion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2/3

 

Sehun found that Jongin, despite his shyness, was actually actually a lively person to talk to. Sure, it had taken the cat twenty full minutes of Sehun asking questions for him to finally be able to converse with the other somewhat naturally, but Sehun was not complaining, not when Jongin kept sneaking shy glances at him whenever the cat thought that he wasn't looking. The constant pink on Jongin's cheeks also served as Sehun's personal motivation to, maybe, get the cat to agree into Sehun adopting him, as he could really get used to Jongin's constant chattering about how he really likes chicken more instead of fish.

Then Sehun said something that goes along the lines of, "I'll buy you a lot of chicken if you come home with me," in which he regretted after, muttering another few lines of, "Now he thinks I'm bribing him, way to go Oh Sehun," and "I've never been this awkward with animals. How did I even manage to become a vet again."

And Jongin had laughed, and Sehun had never been so awe-struck at how beautiful a hybrid can be, with eyes crinkled up into crescents that could go against the beauty of the stars in the night sky, and his full, sincere smile that could light up a whole town, and the melodious laughter that had sounded like music to Sehun's ears. He then flushed because why would he think of Jongin that way, before he placed himself in the hole of denial in which he claimed, 'it's because he's pretty,' and realised that that was indeed a totally legit explanation, though there was surely something else behind it. 

Jongin then abruptly stopped laughing when he saw Sehun staring at him with a blank and expressionless face and Sehun could see his pink cheeks turning into a shade of red as the cat looked down and awkwardly waved his gold tail along the floor. He heard a mummured apology for laughing too loud and Sehun had quickly told him that no, it's okay, before adding in stupidly, I like it when you laugh, you're pretty.

The cat flushed into a deeper red and Sehun then had the urge to see how red he could Jongin could go. He chased the idea at the back of his mind though - he could do that at another time and not at that moment, when Jongin was back to his old, hesitant and painfully shy but adorably cute cat hybrid that he is. Sehun led out a chuckle, and went to ask about Jongin's favourite chicken spice, and listened attentively when the cat sprung back to his hyper and over energized ball of cuteness. All the while, not noticing Luhan at the corner, with an exaggerated action of wiping a non-existent tear off his tearduct, muttering things like how he should get paid for the extra service and how good he actually is at these types of things. Despite him being totally really awkward around his boyfriend. Oh well.

 

 

Sehun found himself going over to the adoption centre quite a lot after the first time he had gone there, much to his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter