The Adoption Centre

Purring Companion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1/3

 

He came home after a long day of work – treating animals, pets of all kinds; feeling oddly upset at the companion his patients’ (owners) have; selves strayed away from loneliness. It’s not as if Sehun didn’t have anybody. He does – he had his mother whom gives him her un-denying support (I mean, she’s forced to – she’s his mom.) and maybe a few good friends he had made in university, namely Chanyeol and Baekhyun whom had majored the same course with him in college.

It’s just that, after his job as a vet ended every day, he’ll lay on his bed thinking of a million and one ‘what if’s’ – what if he, himself, had a pet? A cat hybrid, preferably; those type were the cutest, the sweetest, and the most playful. It would be nice to have someone to live with – to liven up the empty rooms of his apartment. In his years of treating hybrids of all kinds, he had learnt that the cat hybrid were a suitable kind for a companion; they give out love, warmth and happiness all at the same time.

So why had Sehun not gotten himself a cat? – He had no idea why.

Which was exactly the reason for the call to his clinic – stating that he wouldn’t be in the day after, so that he could go down to the adoption centre to get himself, well, a companion.

 

 

Sehun was indeed nervous the next day. He was already at the adoption centre, his eyes set on the door of the cat hybrids. He had wondered in the morning if he would really adopt a cat as his decision was not thought out carefully – he managed to convince himself that taking a look wouldn’t be that bad. And so, here he was, toying with the handle of the door, wondering is he should open it or not.

With him, he had Baekhyun, whom he asked to come along for company and moral support (he figured that he needed it, even when he had been treating these animals for years). Baekhyun was a cheerful one; excited that his friend would finally get a social life, even if it was with a cat.

“Come on, dude! Let’s check this place out!”

Baekhyun opened the door to the room and lit up when they were faced with hundreds of different cat hybrids, meowing, purring and playing with balls of yarn. There was already a bunch of other people there, all hoping to find a buddy to spend time with.

Sehun’s eyes roamed the room; a smile lighting up on his face, joy growing in his heart as he was faced with the type of hybrid he adored the most. A smile tugged his lips as he scanned the room, going over to some hybrids and their furry ears, giggling when they purred and leaned against his crouching frame.

He spent about an hour playing with the kittens and cats, minding no business of his friend who was very engrossed in playing with a cat – if he wasn’t mistaken, named Kyungsoo. He had many cat ears of different colours, and played with some yarn balls with a few small kittens. He had laughed and felt free, which was something new to him. He had enjoyed the company of the cats and he felt ready to bring one home – to keep him as happy as he were now.

Sehun glanced around the room, looking for someone to help him fill up the documents for an adoption. He made eye contact with a guy who looked like he was seventeen (in which he will later learn that the said guy is way older than that – he just has a really adorable baby face). The guy, who wanted to be addressed as Luhan, had skipped over to him and asked Sehun if he needed any help. Sehun had asked him about the cats in the center; which one was the friendliest? The meanest? The most playful, the one who needed the most affection?

Luhan explained and cleared all of his doubts by introducing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter