Teaser one

→ Young Athletics Academy ← Apply Open!

 

 

 
01.
Teaser one : the beginning of a dream  
 
 
The beggining of a dream
 
Two years ago...
A morning Jenn woke up around 7AM. Mumbling her words under her breath about her annoying math teacher who refused to let her do another examen. Thinking about this, she let out an angry scream and kicked her shoes that was in front of her. She shook her head before heading to the bathroom. She got ready for a morning practice before the international figure skating competition. It was the finals and she must win this.
 
[...]
 
"Higher! Jenn! Jump Higher!!", yelled her coach. 
 
Jenn tried her best to be able to make a combination jump: triple lutz-toe loop. The second jump was more difficult because she must do a very high jump right after another one. Jenn rolled her eyes in annoyance, she couldn't let the medals slip between her hands like that. "Jenn, I can let you scream your life out...", said her coach. Her coach was an ex-olympic champion and she retired to be a figure skating coach. She taught Jenn how to skate and she knows Jenn so well. Her determination to be a good athlete is strong and when she isn't able to do a move, it was the end of the world. Jenn being a few a drama queen isn't new for her.
 
"F-cking Triple Lutzl!! Yah!"
"Are you done now?", asked her coach.
Jenn took a long breath before going in the middle. "Yes. Let's continue it!", she says.
She trained for two hours before leaving and get ready for her competition. She is ready to be able to show all her skills.
 
[...]
 
At the competition, it was harder than ever. Jenn was one of the youngest skaters in the arena. She was only 17 years old and she was a Novice skater. When it was her turn, she left her place and hugged her coach tightly. As she went to the ice, she started to sweat like no tomorrow. The air was becoming difficult to breathe. She took three deep breaths before to be in position. As she skated, she let her show her skills and her love for figure skating. The music matched her moves. The moment came where it was her triple lutz- toe loop combination. She glided backward on the back outside the edge, picked her right foot with her left foot and jumped three rotations in the air. She landed on the back outside edge of her right foot. Right after touching the ice, she picked her right foot to the left foot, then jumped a half rotation and landed on the backward outside edge her left foot. She glided back to the middle and did a sit spin. She finished her performance and everyone cheered her.
"Jenn, you were amazing! You did your triple lutz perfectly.", her coach exclaimed.
"Thanks, Joanie!"
As Jenn went to sit down, her mother came to see her with a letter in her hand. Her mother sat down with her and hugged her. Jenn gave her a weird look. Her mother gave her a warm smile and gave her the letter. She opened the letter and read.
 
 
Dear Jenn Hart,
This is with a big pleasure to tell you that your application to the Young Athletic Academy has been accepted. You are now one of the new students accepted into the figure skating program and the volleyball. You will be representing the Canada for figure skating and you'll be part of the Canadian volleyball team into our International Young Athletic Academy. Unfortunately, you aren't going to be a solo figure skater ,but you will have a partner.
Hope this will not cause a problem. The information about your first day to the academy in on the other documents.
 
Thanks for your interest in the International Young Athletics Academy. See you soon in a month!
 
Sincerely, 
 
the director.
 
 
     
 AUTHOR'S NOTE  hey everyone. here's boo! I wanted to post a small teaser about my character's acceptation. It's about two years ago before Jenn became a student to Young Athletics Academy.Hope you enjoyed it. The deadline isn't chosen yet...i'll make it soon (?)