Let me be your Guardian

Let me be your Guardian

Let me be your Guardian

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s parents decided to buy him a German Shepherd as a guide and personal protection when he turned eight. 

 

The brain disease Kyungsoo had won over after three years of invasive therapy and loss of any chance to live an ordinary life had meant Kyungsoo would have survived, finally healthy, but it also took him to a vision loss. He never felt cursed because of it, because he couldn’t really remember how life was before the disease occurred anyway. 

 

His parents protected him as they could, during those years, but Kyungsoo couldn’t understand what they were going through. They could have seen their son dying, and now he was anything like any other normal, healthy kid. Kyungsoo only knew he couldn’t see anything, couldn’t see the world anymore, couldn’t see his mother and father’s faces anymore, and constantly questioned them with some confused ‘Is this okay? How will I grow up if I can’t see?’. Those were the questions Kyungsoo’s parents thought of every day of their lives, and that brought the family to seek for help. 

 

Their psychologist tried to keep the family close despite the disgrace fallen on them. Even though he was a kid, Kyungsoo slowly started to understand he had become a burden for his parents, a source of constant stress and worry, miles distant from the son they had patiently and longingly waited for during his mother’s pregnancy. Nothing went as it should have and when Kyungsoo started to realize it, he lost his strength. 

 

His parents were constantly told to grow him up as any other kid, not to make Kyungsoo feel isolated and lost, and had been given help to find a school where Kyungsoo could have finally started his studies with the right help. The kid slowly learnt how to communicate with the people around him, how to read, how to write, how to move around a city that surely hadn’t been made for special people like him and it was during those years that Kyungsoo understood minorities would have never received the attention they needed. 

 

During those years, though, Kyungsoo also managed to keep himself close to the society around him, and made some friends. 

 

Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were nice kids. They were not like him, they could see and speak and do everything normally, but they never made Kyungsoo feel different. Jongdae was loud and sneaky, but he was also as caring as a little mother when Kyungsoo wasn’t home, always taking him by the hand and taking Kyungsoo’s index finger to trace lines on some papers when he drew something, so Kyungsoo could learn how to draw and imagine things, too.

Baekhyun was just as loud, confident and funny, and Kyungsoo liked him because he treated Kyungsoo like he treated any other kid, with the same sassiness, and still he would protect Kyungsoo firmly from any mean mouth. Chanyeol was obnoxious sometimes, but that was the reason why Kyungsoo liked him in the first place. He could make Kyungsoo feel everything, with his loud words and touchiness, like Kyungsoo could see perfectly through his eyes because Chanyeol never left him behind.

 

The dog came as a further help for Kyungsoo to adjust to the world he couldn’t see, and it changed his life since the first day. 

 

Despite his young age, the little German Shepherd had been trained appositely to help and support people like Kyungsoo. As soon as it met the little boy, whom it could see reaching out a hand to touch and hesitantly caress his head, it knew he had found the reason to its life. Kyungsoo found its soft face slowly, scared of the unknown, and the dog felt a sense of protection already making it paws move toward the small figure in front of its eyes.

 

Kyungsoo jumped as its nose touched his palm, comforting, but immediately relaxed as he could feel the dog submissively giving up to his presence, to his new owner. 

 

“Hi.” Kyungsoo greeted, unused to the feeling of that strange soft and wet against his skin, and his voice was shaking. He slowly explored the rest of the dog with careful hands, trying to imagine it in his mind, and eventually opened up in a little smile as he carefully took its face in his hands. Hopefully, they were staying at eye-level. 

 

“You must be such a beautiful creature.” the boy felt the dog slightly shaking, like he was wagging its tale “I’m Kyungsoo.” 

 

The dog fell in love. 

 

Kyungsoo’s mother gave her son a few biscuits to feed it and start to earn its love and respect, but they weren’t needed. 

 

As soon as Kyungsoo’s little, chubby face melted down in that hopeful, kind and sorrowful smile that was offering his heart, the dog knew he would have wanted to protect him forever. 

 

 

-

 

 

Kyungsoo called his new guardian angel Momo. 

 

When his three friends asked him about the reason behind his choice, Kyungsoo carefully explained that the world ‘Momo’, in the Japanese culture, could be translated as Peach Tree and its flowers, that hid the meaning of ‘Eternal’. 

He had liked the idea of his relationship with Momo looking forward eternity since the very beginning, because Kyungsoo found fascinating the fact that a dog could chose to give its life to a kid he had just met, to protect and guide him in a dark world, like it had born to fit with Kyungsoo in the first place. He also liked the sound of the name itself. 

 

Momo quickly became his everything.

Kyungsoo was a small kid, unable to grow up doing sports like his friends, but Momo could make him play outside without worries whenever he wanted to, going out for long walks or helping Kyungsoo running for short paths when the streets were empty. 

Being a very intelligent dog, Momo could almost sense everything that could be harmful for his little owner, more like his little best friend, and never left Kyungsoo’s side a moment when it walked him to one of his friends’ places, nor it took paths that were too noisy and crowned that it knew made Kyungsoo uncomfortable. It wouldn’t leave Kyungsoo until Kyungsoo told it everything was okay, and quickly learnt every street Kyungsoo needed to walk everyday perfectly. 

 

At home, during evenings or lazy mornings and even during nights, Momo got used to calmly lie down Kyungsoo’s feet or jump on the sofa or the boy’s bed to cuddle up with him, waiting for Kyungsoo’s arms to wrap around its body until it became easy for the boy to find him even in the darkness. 

 

Every day Kyungsoo grew taller and more confident about himself, Momo grew happier. 

 

At 14, Baekhyun and the others asked Kyungsoo to try the underground, something that could have turned out to be helpful for the boy in his upcoming years, and they took Momo along to test his behavior in the new place. Kyungsoo felt uncomfortable for a moment, feeling the ground trembling under his feet like there was some kind of earthquake, but Momo made him calm down immediately. 

 

Baekhyun chuckled sweetly besides him and explained, “He just asked a boy to free a seat for you. Go sit, Kyungsoo.” and once Kyungsoo did, carefully helped by Chanyeol, he continued “He lied down around you, looking at everyone like he’s challenging them to touch you.”

 

Kyungsoo heard Baekhyun and the others chuckling, and felt overwhelmed. Momo had its head brushing reassuringly against his right leg, and Kyungsoo reached out to caress it with gratefulness. 

 

“It’s okay, Momo. They won’t hurt me.” 

 

Kyungsoo had been a lucky boy, because he never really had reasons to fear the world after all. Besides, he knew Momo would have protected him from  everything. He couldn’t even remember his face anymore, but he was sure about his precious friend.

 

 

-

 

 

Jongdae told him about a new pastry shop having opened since a few weeks not far away from their neighborhood, which had gained lots of attention since the first day already. Jongdae said it was because the place was beautiful and easy to find, not to mention the high-class pastry it offered to the public, which was kind of rare to find around there, in their small city. 

 

Kyungsoo thought he would have liked to find it on his own, he liked challenges. It wouldn’t have been that hard, he thought, because Jongdae had given directions and they sounded okay and besides, he had Momo.

 

The air was fresh and it smelled of flowers and sweet, Spring floating around in little flying petals, and Kyungsoo had been told by his mother the day was sunny so he wore a hat. Momo walked him around the streets in a way that had become more than natural for them, and despite having gotten old for a dog, it never got tired of seeing how happy Kyungsoo could seem feeling safe down the streets. 

 

As soon as Kyungsoo thought they had arrived to the place Jongdae had talked about, he asked Momo to find someone to ask for directions. He was happy to notice everything had went well because the pastry shop was just a few steps ahead. Kyungsoo got walked to the entry by that same old, gentle woman who had enlightened him, but a big doubt popped up in his mind as he posed a hand on what felt like a glass door to his palm. 

 

Momo barked, as to question him on his hesitation, and Kyungsoo pouted. “Wait, okay? I don’t know if dogs are allowed inside, silly.”

 

“Of course they are.” a voice broke in, making Kyungsoo jump slightly even though its sound was melodious and kind. Apparently, the shop door had been opened and someone was now in front of them. Kyungsoo imagined it being a boy. Momo made a little sound, one of those sounds it would make to study a new person, and when Kyungsoo heard him giving up to some caresses from the stranger, he relaxed as well.

 

“Yours is for sure, at least.” the voice said then, happy to have passed the dog’s test, and then Momo started dragging Kyungsoo inside so he thought they had been asked to enter. “Welcome to the our shop, I’m Luhan, ready to help you. Do you want to take a seat?” 

 

Kyungsoo nodded, hesitant, and a moment later Luhan took a gentle hold of his hand to help him to sit down on a chair around a table in a corner of the shop. Momo seemed extremely calm, relaxing Kyungsoo deeply, and sat there quietly as Luhan stood besides its friend with a smile that looked impossibly pure.

 

“Do you know what to take already, or..”

“I don’t.” Kyungsoo said, and he was sure he was blushing because it wasn’t like he could choose properly.

He couldn’t see it, but Luhan was eyeing him gently. Momo saw it for him. 

 

“Let me list your choices, then.”

 

Luhan started to tell Kyungsoo about the sweets his shop offered, explaining everything in a highly detailed way but that for some reasons didn’t sound boring and just exciting, the sound of his sweet voice making Kyungsoo’s heart shake and mind run so he could clearly imagine everything Luhan was saying. Not even Chanyeol could make him feel so able to see, so ordinary yet treasured. 

 

“I’ll take the Sacher Torte, I think.” he said eventually, sopping Luhan’s long explanation as the idea of tasting chocolate and jam made him feel more excited than anything. Momo let out an approving sound, and it brought both Luhan and Kyungsoo to smile. 

“Sacher Torte, great choice.” 

 

Kyungsoo had to wait for just a couple of minutes before Luhan was back, serving him his cake and lingering at his side with a kind ‘Would you like some tea?’ and a ‘It’s delicious as it’s served prettily, I swear’ that made Kyungsoo smile. He liked the sound of this boy’s voice and even if he couldn’t see him, that melodious voice and his gentle manners brought him to imagine he had to be a beautiful person. 

 

“Would you mind telling me how pretty..”

“Luhan,” Luhan repeated, and Kyungsoo could feel his smile. The boy’s hands then closed around his and helped him feeling the plate, how big it was, and added “The cake is just a little bit smaller, about this tall, and since it’s Spring now I drew a few leaves here with chocolate topping and here’s some whipped cream with a slice of apricot on it, if you like them, to accompany the cake.”

 

Kyungsoo’s fingers flew to every place Luhan mentioned, with his help, and he had a perfect picture of what was in front of his closed eyes by the time the boy had finished his description. He ate with anticipation, and could almost feel Luhan’s happy smile besides him as he enjoyed every piece. 

When Luhan told him the shop was his and most of the pastries his creations, he felt fascinated. 

 

He liked everything of that place, he decided, and he also decided Momo and him would have visited more often. 

 

“I can’t wait to see you again.” Luhan greeted as they headed to the door, keeping a gentle hand on Kyungsoo’s back “If you come at this hour once again, in the early afternoon, I’m sure the shop will be empty and I’ll be able to take care of you.”

 

Kyungsoo would have normally found such attention too much, obnoxious for his reserved and low-confident self, but there was something in Luhan’s voice and the way his hand waved softness on Kyungsoo’s back that told him Luhan was different. He seemed excited about his job, and just as excited at the idea he could help Kyungsoo picturing things surrounding them. He never sounded pitiful of his condition, and it made Kyungsoo feel so impossibly ordinary. 

 

On their way home, the boy noticed Momo seemed to be happy as he guided him, and it made him question the reason.

 

The reason was that Momo had found something about Luhan, too, and it had felt attached to that sweet, pretty boy like it knew he would have become someone precious to them.

 

 

-

 

 

Kyungsoo had never really wondered about his future, because he knew no matter how normal and ordinary he would manage to feel at waking up everyday and go on seeing nothing, he wasn’t normal. 

 

He couldn’t have attended college like any other boy after high school, and had to carefully consider all the opinions he had not to feel useless and empty at having no dreams giving him strength to move forward. Chanyeol had his family restaurant to run with his parents and older sister, and his dream of becoming a journalist. Baekhyun had already moved his steps in the photography world and Jongdae had always claimed he would have become an architect.

 

The only thing Kyungsoo had always known was that he needed Momo to be with him, and that sureness was shattering into pieces. 

 

Momo had grown older with him, they had practically started moving their first steps in that world together, but Momo was a dog. A dog whose lifespan was of 9-13 years old, a dog 11 years old already. 

 

Everyday, Kyungsoo had started waking up with the anxiety of losing his best friend from one second to another, unable to do anything to prevent it because they couldn’t avoid something as definite as life and death. He had always knew Momo would have had to leave before him, even if the dog’s name itself was against that cruel truth. 

Kyungsoo simply wasn’t ready to lose him, he couldn’t even imagine a single day without Momo taking care of him and protecting him from that world he couldn’t see. 

 

Even if he was 19 years old now, Kyungsoo would have never been old enough too need his dog.

 

 

-

 

 

Momo enjoyed winters the most because it couldn’t really stand the hot, but it knew Kyungsoo usually felt uncomfortable during cold days. That was the reasons why Momo loved to lie down besides him and let him hug it like a huge teddy bear, because the closeness of their bodies together could warm Kyungsoo up like nothing else. 

 

Momo wasn’t ready to let Kyungsoo go, even if every day seemed harder to go on and even breath properly. 

 

“I’ve given you a name that challenges the world, Momo.” Kyungsoo whispered one night, apparently unable to drift into sleep, and the dog felt its friend’s little hand caress it softly on it dorso. “I just want you to be with me forever, though. How could this world understand?” 

 

Momo knew Kyungsoo was crying. The boy always treated it like his other half, his best friend, and never considered Momo for what it was, a dog. Momo was a lot more. It could understand each of Kyungsoo’s words perfectly, read all of his emotions like no one else, and feel Kyungsoo’s need of being loved and protected like it had done over those long years. 

 

Momo cried too, wishing it could tell Kyungsoo words of support, wishing there could have been a way to never leave its precious friend’s side and know him lost into blankness.

 

 

-

 

 

Momo liked Luhan like it had never like any of Kyungsoo’s friends or acquaintances.  

 

Every time Kyungsoo would ask him that cautious ‘Do you feel like walking to Luhan’s shop?’, knowing it had gotten too old for long walks, it would just wag his tail and bark happily, finding a new strength and making Kyungsoo open up into a confused but happy smile. 

 

Momo just loved to sit there and observe Luhan and Kyungsoo’s interactions in the little pastry shop. It loved to watch Kyungsoo blush and smile shyly at every of Luhan’s words and touches, like Luhan could make him feel things he had never felt before. It loved to observe Luhan’s gently moving around Kyungsoo and treating him like a treasure, it loved to see those bright sparkles of genuine care shining into Luhan’s eyes and it loved seeing just how pretty Luhan was, like an angel, an angel looking over Kyungsoo like he had born to do that.

 

Momo wished Kyungsoo could see all of that from his prospective, and it was kind of sure that if Kyungsoo could see Luhan and feel himself worthy of all the softness Luhan was offering without even noticing, Kyungsoo would have fallen in love. 

 

The dog that had loved Kyungsoo since the first moment, mesmerized be that cute face and those soft manners and that heart-shaped smile that made Kyungsoo look like the world hadn’t been that cruel to him, thought Luhan had fallen in love with Kyungsoo the same way. It thought Luhan felt the same sense of care and protection for Kyungsoo, real and free from any social restriction, and it made Momo feel happy, light, hopeful Kyungsoo would have still had Luhan by his side when it had to leave. 

 

In his faithful and in love eyes, Kyungsoo looked alive with Luhan.

 

 

-

 

 

The news of Luhan’s car accident arrived almost at the same time with Momo’s worsening conditions. 

 

The boy had been invested by car driven by some drunk man as he was about to reach his apartment after a day work, and the impact against the high speed vehicle had brought Luhan to face a serious traumatic brain injury. In coma, the boy had immediately started fighting against death with the help of doctors and surgeons, but his conditions seemed helpless. 

 

Kyungsoo broke up into million pieces, feeling the ground opening under his feet and him into emptiness because his world was starting losing all his meaning. 

 

Luhan had been the victim of a huge mistake, unworthy of such a destiny and instead worthy of living thousands of happy and thoughtless days as the wonderful person he was, and Kyungsoo couldn’t even imagine him resting on a bed, fighting between life and death, without mesmerizing the world with the sweet sound of his voice anymore. 

 

Kyungsoo had come to like Luhan, a lot, always dazed and touched by how much the boy seemed to care about him with a softness unknown to any other person he had ever met. Luhan could make him see with the sound of his voice and his accurate descriptions, Luhan could make him imagine things with his burning touches. 

 

Momo understood what was going on despite his tired mind when Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae showed up at Kyungsoo’s place and asked the boy for permission to enter his room and help him calming down after days spent in bed, breaking up into long, tired cries whenever Momo would snuggle against him and beg him to stand up. 

 

“They’re leaving me.” Kyungsoo said in Chanyeol’s strong arms, tears cutting his cheeks apart “Both of them, they’ll leave me.” 

 

No one knew what to say, what to do, how to make Kyungsoo feel okay when his guardian angel was leaving his side and the person who had been able to make him believe in love and the beauty of the world had been brutally taken away from his life. 

 

Momo felt broken and begged for a chance to become eternal as his friend had always wished for him to be, to stay by his side forever.

 

He walked closer to Kyungsoo, setting its head between his legs and holding it down with glassy eyes that Kyungsoo couldn’t see, but made him feel even more broken. The boy bent down to hug the dog, desperate, crying against his soft brown fur and all Momo could do was crying, too, letting out strangled whines from the back of its throat. 

 

It would have liked to be able to talk, in such moments, to tell Kyungsoo it loved him and he had to be strong, but it could only try to get Kyungsoo to understand through his gestures.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t see, Momo couldn’t speak, but they had always understood each other perfectly. 

 

As his best friend slowly calmed down against its body, Baekhyun, Jongdae and Chanyeol hugging him from behind silently, Momo talked the only words that someone, somewhere across the universe, could hear loud and clear.

 

Let me stay by his side forever. 

Take my life and give it to Him.

Let me stay by his side forever.

 

 

-

 

 

Luhan hardly managed to open his eyes, a blinding light hitting his sight and making his head hurt, but when he did, he couldn’t remember where he was. 

Everything was white and unfamiliar, cold and distant, and he couldn’t even recall his own name. He knew he was someone wondering where he was, feeling so weak and broken he couldn’t move a muscle, but that was it.

 

A moment later a turmoil broke the silence, shaking the bed where he was lying and making his head feel like pressed between two big rocks, and people were running around him in such a hurry he couldn’t focus on any of them.

 

“He’s awake. His heart beat is steady.” 

“How is it possible?”

“Luhan? Luhan, can you hear me?” 

 

Luhan blinked for long, everything was still too white, but the name hit something in the back of his mind that made his body instinctively tense. 

 

“Luhan,” another voice called again, and Luhan could see something moving in front of his half-opened eyes “Luhan, do you know where you are?”

 

Luhan didn’t, but it was probably a hospital. The people around him were wearing uniforms and everything was so impossibly white. He could also hear some beep sounds surrounding him and when he tried to move, he just ached and realized he had something connected to his body.

 

The people around him moved again, touching him, Luhan felt lost. 

 

“You were in coma, Luhan. Do you remember?”

 

Luhan shook his head, the words slowly processing in his mind. Then, it hit him. 

 

The hit, the flash of deep pain, then nothing. 

 

“It’s a miracle you’ve woken up from one day to another but dear boy, you’ve survived.” 

 

They were all voices but Luhan knew they were true, he was feeling too much pain to be dead.

 

 

-

 

 

His recover was slow and painful, but Luhan got through it eagerly as soon as he found all his memories back again. 

 

He had been told about the gravity of his conditions after the incident, the coma, how the man who almost killed him had been put in prison and how everyone was fighting to keep him alive despite supposing his chances were below a mere 20%. All of those news navigated through his mind slowly and painfully, but Luhan gradually understood them all and found himself back into a life that suddenly felt so distant.

 

Eighteen days of coma had been enough to forget almost everything that had always been ordinary and now, Luhan only wanted to remember. 

 

Kyungsoo crossed his mind almost immediately, after the second day of his awakening, together with the shop and his colleagues, and he asked a nurse of them all as she bought him his breakfast.

 

“There was this blind boy.. he came five, six times, just asked of you, but never got in. Since he couldn’t see you anyway, I suppose.”

“He came?” 

 

Luhan had felt unexplainably happy to hear those words, and as soon as he recovered his senses fully he knew he needed to see Kyungsoo and make sure he was okay. He remembered Momo having gotten old, Kyungsoo whispering he could have left anytime, and felt the urge to run away to go looking for the boy. 

 

He did the same day the doctors decided to let him go, a week later. His colleagues insisted to take him home where he should have stayed to rest properly until a real recover but Luhan thought otherwise, needed to see Kyungsoo so much he couldn’t have explained it.

 

He had almost died, almost lost someone he was sure had stolen his soul away and he couldn’t live again without a soul anyway.

 

It wasn’t hard to find Kyungsoo in that small city, especially because everyone knew about the little blind boy with the big dog.

 

It was Kyungsoo himself to open the door, when he rang, and Luhan almost lost his breath at the sight. Kyungsoo looked broken, devastated, with bags under his closed eyes and cheeks hallow as Luhan couldn’t have never imagined on him. He hid behind the door, scared, unable to see his guest and without a strong presence besides him and Luhan felt so bad to have missed for so long, like it had been his fault.

 

“Kyungsoo.. it’s just me.”

 

It was Kyungsoo’s turn to lose a breath, because he could have recognized that voice with a band passing by and it wasn’t supposed to be there. 

 

“Luhan?” he swallowed, opening the door fully and reaching out a shaking hand “Luhan.”

As he repeated, sure it was Luhan even before the boy took his hand and hold it tightly in his, Luhan brought his arms to hug Kyungsoo’s suffocatingly. Kyungsoo felt his body close and smelled his natural scent, which hadn’t changed one bit, then roamed his hands over that body he had thought had left that world just like his Momo. 

 

He touched Luhan until his palms burnt, heart hammering in his chest at the huge miracle in his arms, and he cried when Luhan started chanting apologizing words into his ears with that voice which could have brought Kyungsoo to life even in his darkest moments. 

 

“Why are you apologizing, you could have died.” 

“I couldn’t.” Luhan told him, hugging him so tight Kyungsoo felt he would have never let go “Kyungsoo, I.. I think the reason I couldn’t was you.” 

 

Kyungsoo’s heart was hammering in his chest as his hands discovered every inch of Luhan’s body he could never discover before. He shook his head, shivering as the feeling of Luhan’s breath, the essence of his life, hit his cheek. 

 

“I couldn’t leave you.” 

 

Luhan’s voice came out broken, unsure, suddenly afraid of a rejection he had never thought of because everything about Kyungsoo had seemed meant-to-be, since the first day, since the first second his eyes lingered on that unique boy needing his help to picture the sweets in his store.

 

Kyungsoo cried silently, hands finally reaching Luhan’s face.

 

“Can I?”

 

He felt Luhan nodding, and started moving his fingers softly over the face he had so often dreamed of, picturing it like the most beautiful face in the entire world, because Luhan was the most beautiful person in the entire world. 

 

He started to feel Luhan’s forehead, the way his hair fell on it, the shape of his face and the softness of his skin. He touched Luhan’s eyes, tracing soft lines of their frame as he could draw them the way Jongdae had taught him, and he could see shining gems which could have blinded him, if he hadn’t been blind already. He let his fingers move down and trace the shape of Luhan’s nose and it seemed so flawless and small Kyungsoo thought it could have been drawn. Luhan shivered at every of his touch, breath stuck in his throat as Kyungsoo’s fingers roamed over his skin and then traced the frame of his lips, softly. He leaned down and let Kyungsoo imagine his lips by posing a sweet kiss on his own, moving them slow and gentle enough to let Kyungsoo relax and imagine their form, their consistence. He felt a shiver running down his spine when Kyungsoo on those lips.

 

They separated and Luhan saw Kyungsoo looking at him with his mind’s eyes. He cupped the boy’s cheeks and the skin with his thumbs, letting Kyungsoo feel his breath close to him just as his body, to make him understand he will never move a step away. And then he saw Kyungsoo’s lips curving into a smile.

 

“I think you have to be the most beautiful person I’ve ever met.”

Luhan stole another kiss. “You are just as beautiful.”

“I don’t know?” Kyungsoo chuckled, low, defeated “I never manage to imagine myself properly.” 

 

He had never managed to imagine a lot of things properly, like how he would have survived without Momo being by his side anymore, but he had a picture now. He heard Luhan chuckle against his lips.

 

“Let me be your eyes.” the boy told him, starting to trace the lines of his face the same way he had done wit him “Your skin is fair and soft, and your forehead kinda huge. Your cheeks are now a bit hollow, and that shouldn’t have happened because your face is usually chubby and healthy and I love it. Your nose.. is small, and it graces your profile with soft lines. You have heart-shaped, full lips, Kyungsoo, you know, soft-looking and beautiful, like anything I’ve ever seen.” He grinned, seeing Kyungsoo blushing and opening up into a genuine smiled “Oh, and your smile is sunshine.”

 

Kyungsoo leaned closer as he felt Luhan stealing another kiss from the lips he had just described, longing and careful at the point that Kyungsoo could feel fireworks exploding inside him and imagine Luhan and him in that exact moment, lost in a world of their own, the world Luhan wanted him to see and that looked like the most beautiful place ever.

 

Luhan then took his hands, posing a kiss on his forehead and making Kyungsoo follow his face carefully by the sound of his breath. With a finger, he caressed Kyungsoo’s cheek and said, “Let me be your guardian.”

Kyungsoo shivered, hope bursting in his veins like the world had never been so worth-living before. He nodded.

“That’s why I survived, Kyungsoo, I know it. To be your eyes, your guide, your guardian.”

Kyungsoo nodded again, frantically, needing Luhan to be the new light in his dark world with every pound of his flesh. He didn’t manage to get scared of possibilities, he didn’t manage to get scared of Luhan leaving because with Luhan, Kyungsoo felt safe like he had only felt with Momo before.

 

Maybe, he thought, that had just meant-to-be since the start. His Momo had left him but Luhan was there, survived because of a miracle, to lead him and love him every day of their lives. 

 

Maybe, Momo had found its own way to be his eternal guardian angel. 

 

Maybe, Momo had never really left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____

 

A/N

 

This story is a completely different genre for me, so I hope I was able to convey the feeling properly <3