Chapter 8

Forbidden Royalty

 

"DongJun, Jongin, you guys are coming with me right? I can't go to China with you guys." Hyuna told them.

"Like we'll let you go alone." DongJun said laughing.

"Even if you do leave us, we'll probably follow you secretly. Right DongJun?" Jongin asked.

"Yes sir." He replied.

Hyuna laughed. She was thankful that she had friends like this especially Jongin. Oh my... What was she saying?

"Hyun? Is there something wrong?" Jongin asked.

"Huh? N.nothing. Just thinking about China."

"Oh. I heard that the Prince has an older sister. Apparently, she is known to be beautiful," Jongin told DongJun.

"I heard about her. She's very kind and caring to her people. Maybe she'll help you Hyuns." DongJun told her.

"Do you know her name?"

"Princess Victoria. They also have a younger brother, his name is Tao."

"Hm... I wonder if they are more close than I am to my siblings. I'm sure they are."

"Hyuns...." DongJun looked at her sadly.

"Anyway, we are leaving for China tomorrow. My brother is gathering all the military officers for the trip... To be honest, I am quite nervous about this trip. It would be my first time going out of the country. I wonder what China is like."

"DongJun. Can I borrow Hyuna for awhile?" Jongin asked.

"Sure. I have something to do anyway." DongJun told him.

"Wait! Why do you need to borrow me, and why do you need to go?" Hyuna asked, startled.

"Father asked for me... I'm pretty sure it's about Princess Eun Ha." DongJun told her, not looking up.

"But... Every time you went to your home... You got a beating or got locked in the cabinet without food or water. DongJun... That was just for minor things that you didn't even cause! What if..."

DongJun looked up and smiled gently.

"I'll be fine. It won't be the first time it happened anyway. I'm used to it. Also, if I'm not back and you're that worried, come get me. I'll allow it this time. For now, go with Jongin and have fun." 

"You let me this time. Don't yell at me later okay?" 

"Yes your grace."

DongJun ushered the two out and sighed. It was going to be a long day.

---- J & H ----

"So, what did you want to do with me?" Hyuna asked as they were walking around the courtyard.

"Well, it's your last day in Korea before you leave for China, and I believed that you had many worried in your mind. Therefore, I have come to rescue you from your troubles." He told her.

"You sound so formal. However, this is a nice surprise."

To be honest, Jongin had found an empty plot of land near Hyuna's chambers. He had asked JaeJoong if he could use it. When given the reason, JaeJoong had gladly granted it to him. With Yunho's help, they had gathered all the flowers that could be found in the land. They had planted it right there just for Hyuna. 

When she had seen it, she had gasped in surprise and joy. Without thinking, she hugged Jongin as tightly as she could and whispered thank you over and over again. Because of this, Jongin had turned into a bright shade of pink, and coughed. They had spent the next few minutes looking and picking out the best ones.

"Do...do you believe that Queen Se Ah may be planning to kill all of us?" Hyuna asked.

"Yes and no. If she succeeds in marrying everyone off by the time she wants it, then she won't. After all she is only trying to get rid of the royals because she wants the king to have no threats."

"However, we aren't threats. My brother Yunho is just a kid to everyone. He's always cheerful, happy, and playful for anyone to think of him as a danger."

"The Queen must think differently. Because she has failed in trying to marry any of you off, so we must be careful. Don't worry, I'll always protect you."


"Thank you. Oh, and I must thank my brother too. You guys must have worked hard for this."

"Not really. Although, Prince Yunho did make mud balls and started to throw them at me."

Hyuna giggled,"Yet he is still older than me."

Hyuna picked a red rose from the ground and placed it on Jongin's hat. Jongin turned a alarming shade of red just like the rose when she leaned over to place it on him.

"I think that looks wonderful."

Jongin managed a smile,"You think so?"

"Yes, but is there something wrong Jongin?"

"Huh? Why do you ask?"

"You are red. A very bright red at that too. Are you sure you're all right?"

Jongin was embarrassed and turned a brighter shade of red.

"Yes! I'm quite fine thank you. It's just that it's hot here....yes, hot."

"Oh... Okay. As long as you're all right. Since you say it's hot, let's go to Prince Yunho's chambers. I need to thank him as well."

Jongin just nodded and followed her. His voice seemed to not work anymore. The heat on his face seemed to cool off a bit as they walked side by side to Prince Yunho's chambers.

---- DongJun ----

"My lord, Master DongJun is here." A maid called out.

"He is not a master anymore!! Just send him in."

DongJun sighed as the doors opened and stepped in. As Susan, his father was sitting in the middle of the room looking at the kingdom's documents. DongJun bowed before him and sat down.

"You know why you are here don't you?"

"Yes."

"Tell me, why are you here?"

"Because I have done wrong."

"And what have you done?"

"I was not a obedient servant nor a good servant of the kingdom and allowed Princess Eun Ha to have feelings towards an unworthy servant."

"Then do you know what you're punishment is?"

"I shall accept any punishment you give me Lord Kim."

Lord Kim smirked,"At least you know."

The guards came in and bowed to him.

"Ah, right on time. Do what I have ordered you to him."

"Yes Lord Kim!!"

The two of them grabbed him by both sides and dragged him out to the backyard. There, more of them were waiting for him. They pushed him down to the ground and started to beat him with wood sticks. DongJun just held the pain in, it was the only way he could stop himself from getting beaten up more. He never told Hyuna exactly how they beat him. He had just told her it was like getting spanked, but since he was just a weakling, it felt like a beating to him. Hyuna never believed him, but he would always patch up his wounds before he went to see her. Also, they would never touch his face, so it wouldn't look like he was beaten.

After awhile, they started to kick him and punch him. DongJun couldn't even see straight anymore. This time, it was much more harsh than the other times he got punished because it was a sensitive matter. After several more minutes and beatings, they threw him to an empty storage and locked the door. DongJun, glad that the beatings were finally over, sighed and laid on the hay. His whole body was a mess. Usually, it was enough for him to handle, but this time, it was too much. Not able to withstand the pain, he out.

---- J & H ----

"Prince Yunho! It is Officer Jongin and Princess Hyuna to see you!"

"Ooh! Send them in! Quickly!"

The doors opened in a flash, and the two wee pushed inside. Yunho happily greeted them and ushered them to sit.

"So!!! What brings you here?" He asked.

"Oh, well, I saw you generous gift of the new flower garden that you had made with Officer Jongin." Hyuna started.

"Ohhhhh, you finally saw that? Do you like it? I picked out most of the flowers,and Jongin picked the rose. Is that a rose on your hat Jongin?"

Starled, Jongin took off his hat and gently plucked the rose out. However, it was all done quickly.

"Yes, it must have... Placed itself there... Yes..." He coughed.

"Hm... All right."

"Yes, Prince Yunho. I loved the flowers you picked out. They are truly beautiful."

"I thought so too. I heard that you are leaving for China tomorrow with the king."

"Yes, we are to see the emperor and Prince Wu."

"Prince Wu. I heard he is a cold hearted, ice glare, amazingly handsome, very tall, man."

Hyuna and Jongin looked at eachother.

"I do not believe he can be that ice hearted. People say he is,  but I like to think differently. Although i do not wish to marry him, I want to meet and get to know him better." Hyuna told him.

"Well, I'm sure he is a good man. Well, my literature teacher is here now, and I must run before my maids forces my to take a lesson from that horrible man."

"Oh."

The three of them got up and went outside.

"Well Hyuna, Jongin. Have a safe trip tomorrow!" Yunho yelled before running away and leaving the maids stunned.

"P..Prince Yunho!!!!!" The head maid yelled

Soon, all the maids were after him, and the two left behind looked at empty space.

"Amazing."

"I agree."

Hyuna laughed softly and looked up at the sky. 

"The sun is setting, and DongJun is not back yet. There must be something, I must look for him. Will you come with me?"

"As if I would left a princess walk around the kingdom alone in the dark. Of course I'm coming." Jongin said with a serious face.

Hyuna sent a maid to tell the king she was going out for a short time. He was in a meeting, so he just waved it off. Hyuna took it as a yes and changed her hanbok to a less royal looking one. However, Mistress Hong still chose her the one with the finest silk. Although Mistress Hong did not like the princess going out, she was somewhat relieve to see Jongin was also going. She told her to be careful a million times, and Hyuna just smiled and told her it would be fine.

Out on the kingdom streets, Hyuna was on a horse and so was Jongin. They would have brought the carriage, but Hyuna wanted to ride her horse, so the guards don't have a choice. They quickly rode to the Kim family mansion. ( mansion like those huge houses in the historic period, not like the today ones >~<) 

She knocked on the door and found a servant.

"Yes? May I ask who you are my lady?"

"I am Princess Hyuna."

The servant gasped and ushered them in. They seemed to be ushered a lot today. He quickly ran into the house. A moment later, Lord Kim came out looked surprised. He stopped in front of them and bowed to Hyuna.

"Princess! What business could you have in this shabby home?"

Hyuna bowed out of respect, and Jongin followed.

"Lord Kim,I was wondering where DongJun was."

"D..DongJun?"

"Yes. I heard that he was here today, and I came to get him."

She was smiling, but her voice was tense. Lord Kim looked like he didn't know what to do anymore.

"Ah... Yes, DongJun. I shall tell the servants to get him."

"Wait! If I may, I would like to get him myself."

Hyuna stared down at the noble. She had a feeling that something wasn't quite right.

"But...however!"

"Yes?"

"N..nothing your highness. I shall lead the way." Lord Kim said as he sighed.

---- DongJun ----

He woke up and felt the pain shoot through his body again. He groaned, but didn't dare to move, for if he did, it would hurt much more. He wondered how long he had been in here. It seemed like the sun had already set by the looks of the darkness in the cracks. He worried about Hyuna. He knew that she would be worrying about her.

"Right this way Princess."

His eyes lit up but the sound of the title. Soon, he heard the locks open and the door flew wide to reveal Hyuna and Jongin.

"D..DONGJUN!!!!"

Hyuna flew to where DongJun was and looked over him. He was covered in blood and so many wounds.

"D..DongJun. Why...why are you like this. How are you like this?!"

"Princess...."

Lord Kim was off to the side, knowing what was to come. Jongin had followed Hyuna's footsteps and was kneeling next to him. Hyuna was so shocked by
 the sight of him.

"I'm okay.... It's fine..."

"Don't lie to me!! I am not blind, I can see the pain you are in right now! How long were you in here? Oh my... Your wounds. We..we need to get you back to the castle, we need the doctor and..."

Hyuna stopped talking. She stood up and glared right into Lord Kim's eyes.

"No matter what you say, he is still your son. No matter what others say, he is still your son! No matter what! He is still your son. How could you treat him like this?! Is this what happened every time he came here? For the smallest of reasons? This was not even his fault. Princess Eun Ha just called you up, DongJun did not know anything about it! How could you... To your son!!"

"Princess Hyuna. This is not what it looks like. I... Well..."

"Silence. I do not want to hear anything out of you. Do you think I shall just pass this? No. I will remember to tell this to my brother and you will no longer be in the position you are."

Hyuna went back to DongJun.

"Jongin, we need to, as fast as possible."

He nodded and lifted DongJun. He ran out the gates and Hyuna followed, but stop to send a glare at Lord Kim. It held a thousands to that were waiting to be said. Jongin helped DongJun up on a horse, and Hyuna grabbed the ropes. Jongin and she rode as fast as they could back.

As soon as they entered the castle, they moved DongJun to Hyuna's chambers and called for the royal doctor. When he arrived, Hyuna and Jongin had been asked to wait outside. Jongin had to drag Hyuna out since she didn't want to leave DongJun's side.

"Hyuna, he'll be fine. Trust Doctor Son. He is the best doctor in all of Joeseon, there's no other like him. Also, DongJun heals fast remember? Don't worry, he'll be fine," Jongin said, trying to reassure her.

He had to hold her because she couldn't stop crying. Finally, the doctor came out, and Hyuna ran to him.

"Doctor, how is he? Is he all right?"

"Yes Princess Hyuna. He is a strong man, he is doing much better that we thought. He will need a lot of rest, however, but aside from that, he'll be fine. Please refrain him from a lot of movements. Young master DongJun must take healing medicine everyday, and a nurse will come to check his wounds."

Hyuna sighed in relief,"Thank you. Thank you so much."

"You may go see him."

Hyuna burst open the door to her chambers and found DongJun laying down and covered in bandages.

"Hyuna." He called out.

"You idiot!!! Why didn't you tell me that your father did this to you? Why did you always cover it up? You almost died there!!"

He chuckled,"Ah, nice to hear you screaming at me. I wouldn't have died out there, I fine. I just need rest. Do you really think I'm that weak?"

"Still...I was so worried. You should have told me the truth."

"I did, in a way...."

"Yes, in a way. I'm never letting you go back to that house."

"Hyuns. That's my home, no matter how much I hate it, it is."

"Not anymore."

"So you're banning me from going to my home?"

"Yes. What do we do? We were suppose to go to China tomorrow, but I can't let you go like this. You stay here, use my chambers as you're home. I'll tell the maids and Mistress Hong to take good care of you. I'm sorry, but I can't push the China trip."

"It's fine. I'm sorry I can not go. However, I trust Jongin to time good care of my princess. Don't worry about me. Try to get to know the three royals there and melt his ice cold heart okay? I'll be fine."

He looked at her and smiled. DongJun moved his eyes to Jongin.

"I believe in you. Please don't let any harm come to her, she's still fragile as a flower."

"You can trust me. I won't let anything hurt her."

"My two bodyguards." Hyuna said smiling.

A/N

Yay, update. Hehe. I hope you guys like this!!