Chapter 5

Forbidden Royalty

 

Hyuna was in the rose garden again with Jongin and DongJun. They had nothing better to do, so they were messing around with eachother.

"What's it like outside the castle?" Hyuna asked.

"Why so sudden?" Jongin sat down next to her.

"It should be better than being ignored half your life. I'm just curious, that's all."

"Well, it's no better out there than in here. Unless you're powerful or wealthy, the people are treated horribly." DongJun told her.

"Yes, and especially the slaves. We are all humans, yet we rank people and treat anyone lower than us like a piece of trash." Jongin added.

"Is it that bad?" She asked the two of them.

They didn't want her to think of the worst possible things, so they quickly covered up.

"Not really. Besides from that....um.. Yes. It's fine." DongJun assured her.

Suddenly, the noon bell rang. The bell didn't ring unless the kingdom had an important announcement to make.

"I wonder what it is this time. Go. Hurry back and tell me!" Hyuna told the boys shooing them out.

( The Meeting )

"Is everyone assembled?" JaeJoong asked.

"Yes your majesty,"

"Good, good... Now, my wife, Queen Se Ah has an important announcement to make. She says that I should I find out her with you, therefore, she would not tell me anything."

"Thank you your highness. Now that his majesty has become king, I believe it's time for Princess Eun Ha and High Prince Yunho to marry."

Princess Eun Ha widened her eyes, and Yunho stopped messing around for once. The hall was filled with whispers as the news speared. DongJun and Jongin stole glances at eachother.

"Quiet! My queen, what do you intend? Yunho is too young, and I believe Eun Ha should have a say in this."

"Prince Yunho should have married years ago, so should have Princess Eun Ha. Won't they be much happier with a another to be forever with?"

JaeJoong looked uneasy,"I am not so sure. Marriage...."

"Your Majesty, I married when I was 15. Both of the royals are much passed that age. It is completely necessary."

Eun Ha was glaring at her sister in law. Yunho was still in shock. Eun Ha grabbed his hand protectively. 

JaeJoong turned to Eun Ha,"Eun Ha?"

"If I may voice out my opinion..."

JaeJoong motioned her to go on.

"It is true that I could have married years ago. However, if you let me, I have no intention of marrying just yet. Yunho is still a child. Please."

JaeJoong knew how his siblings felt. He was forced into his marriage, he didn't want to making them go through it."

"I understand. My queen...I do not think it's time just yet. Let us out their opinions into consideration."

"Of course." Se Ah bowed.

Eun Ha never stopped glaring at her. 

As soon as the meeting was over, Jongin and DongJun ran to Hyuna's chambers.

"Mistress Hong! Call for Princess Hyuna. Please!" Jongin said as he started huffing.

Startled, Mistress Hong quickly called to Hyuna.

"Come in!"

They burst into her room and collapsed on the floor.

"What happened?!"

"The Queen....she's starting." Jongin started.

"Huh?"

"Hyuna.. She's starting her plan to get rid of all the royals.." DongJun finished for him.

Hyuna stood up from where she was sitting.

"WHAT?!?!"

DongJun dragged her down, so that she was sitting again.

"In the meeting, I think the queen told the king that she had an announcement to make. I think that King JaeJoong didn't know either. Well, she said that she wants Princess Eun Ha and High Prince Yunho to get married. You should have seen Princess Eun Ha. She was sending daggers. Anyway, Princess Eun Ha reasoned with the court, and King JaeJoong told them that they don't have to marry just yet. They might have not mentioned you, but Hyuna, someday they are going to." DongJun explained.

"Queen Se Ah....who would have known that she would try to get rid of us." Hyuna murmured.

Jongin nodded as few of the maids came in with tea and quickly got out.

"To me, well you know I saw Queen Se Ah since I was six. I think she loves King JaeJoong too much. She just wants ultimate power for him. To her... All of you, even you Hyuna, are rivals or a threat." DongJun gave his theory.

Hyuna sighed,"I know that she loves my brother more than anything else in the world. They knew eachother since they were so young.... I wish she didn't think like that."

Jongin tired to cheer her up,"At least you don't have to get married yet. Tell me, if you had to choose between me and DongJun, who would you choose?"

"Uh...."

DongJun had bunny eyes,"Yes Hyuna. Who WOULD you choose."

Hyuna glared at him,"Do I have to choose? Can't I choose both?"

"Nope." They answered at the same time.

"Ugh, fine. Don't be mad, but I choose Jongin."

"Victory!!" Jongin said smiling.

"What! Hey! That's betrayal!"

She giggled,"Well, come to think of it. DongJun, you'll be too loud."

"Well that's a good reason to betray your best friend!"

"Sorry.....hey! I did try to choose both, but you wouldn't let me!"

DongJun began to reason with her, and Jongin smiled. She had actually picked him over her best friend whom she had known for years.

"Princess Hyuna. Lord Kim is here to see you."

Everyone stopped moving around. Hyuna gave Jongin a surprised glance.

"Let him in."

The doors slid open to reveal a Lord Kim. DongJun, Jongin, Hyuna stood up to greet him. Hyuna smiled.

"Hello Lord Kim. What brings you here today?"

"Pardon me Princess, but I did not know you had guests over. It has been a long time DongJun."

DongJun bowed his head,"Lord Kim."

"Father, if you wish, DongJun and I will go out."

"Ah, yes. Do so."

After they went out, Hyuna sat back down.

"Princess Hyuna."

"Lord Kim, please don't call me that. Please just call me Hyuna, I'm like a daughter to you."

"Well.."

"Please..."

"All right. You have heard from those two that the queen is beginning her plans, am I correct?"

"Yes..."

"Hyuna... After she gets rid of the prince and the princess, her target will be you. You will be forced into marriage with a man you will have just met. You will have no say, and the Queen will slowly turn the whole kingdom against the three of you. There will be rumors, and perhaps... For the worst possible situation, you will be tried at court and fact death. It sounds impossible, but she will plan it."

"I understand. However, I will make best of the situation. Look on the bright side Lord Kim. At least I'm married. Perhaps I can make a plan not to be executed, but just live a happy life."

Lord Kim just smiled sadly and thought to himself,"Will you ever have a happy life?"