Chapter 1

Forbidden Royalty

"Your Majesty!!!"

A servant rushed into the King's quarters with a look of fear stricken in his face. The king looked up immediately and motioned him to come nearer and speak.

"Yes yes? How is she?"

The servant bowed in front of him, tears started to form.

"The High Court Lady Lee has.... Sadly passed away from child birth."

The King looked down and sighed. She had passed away...

"The child... The child Servant Nam!!"

"Oh yes... The child is a healthy baby. The mistresses have checked already with the royal doctor."

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"A girl Your Majesty. She is a healthy baby princess."

The King's face hardened. 

"Lady Lee died for a useless baby."

"Your Majesty!"

"Having one princess is enough, but another one?! Don't bring her to me. I don't want to see her. We'll carry out Lady Lee's funeral tomorrow. Oh, and the baby... Her name."

The King motioned him to come nearer. After he told him the name, the servant went back to his place.

"Yes sire."

The servant bowed and slowly walked out. He quickly walked to Lady's Lee's quarters where the servants were still mourning. He beckoned one of the girls standing outside to come to him.

"Where is the princess?"

"She's with the other mistresses in her new home. The royal doctor has just finished checking up on her."

He nodded and made his way over to the new home and entered the room."

"I have brought news from the King. The princess'  name will be Kim Hyuna. No ceremonies will be held for her birth, since she is the cause for Lady Lee's death. The funeral will be held tomorrow at noon."

The mistresses bowed as the servant went out. They went back tending the newborn child.

"She will never be loved. At least not by the King. I feel bad for her head mistress."

"Don't be. Because of her, Lady Lee passed away. Perhaps if she was a son, it might have been better."

She looked at the smiling baby.

"Your name princess, is Kim Hyuna. It means unloved flower.This will be a tough place to live your highness. You must have a strong heart as long as you live."

And so, here began the life of an unloved princess. Her name was Kim Hyuna.

17 Years Later.....

"Yah! Kim DongJun! I'm gonna kill you!!"

"Hahaha! You can't! It's not proper for a princess to kill her best friend!"

"No one here cares about me anyway!"

She finally caught up to him and pounced on him.

"Oof... You know what Hyuna? You run fast for a princess in a dress."

"Years of running from the mistresses here gives an advantage. Now..."

She had an evil gleam in her eye,"Time for revenge!"

One thing that was DongJun's weakness was tickling.

"Hey, hey! That tickles! Stop! Please!"

"No! It's your fault for telling the head mistress that I tried to practice sword fighting instead of going to my lessons yesterday! She scolded me for hours!"

"That my princess, was revenge for not hanging out with me."

"Like not playing with you is a big deal."

Hyuna stood up and lent a hand to DongJun. They sat by the flowers like they always did after playing like crazy.

"I wonder what would have happened if I didn't meet you that day in the courtyard. You're the only one that cares for me."

He looked at her,"Nu uh. High Prince Yunho cares for you."

"Only if you're gone...he's a good brother. Good not amazing like you. At least he's better than the rest of my siblings."

"Princess Hyuna!"

Hyuna gasped as she heard the head mistress called for her.

"DongJun! Hide me!"

DongJun immediately stood up while Hyuna hid behind the flower wall.

"Ah... Lord DongJun."

"Aw come on Mistress Hong! I thought we agreed not to call me that! My father kicked me out, I'm just a guard for Princess Hyuna."

"But my Lord... You are still an upper class Lord. No matter how much you wish to become a guard for Princess Hyuna, you are still a Lord. Therefore, I must have respect. Speaking of Princess Hyuna, have you seen her? I thought I heard her voice here."

"I was just going to see her in her quarters. Is she not there?"

"No..."

Mistress Hong sighed.

"Pardon me my Lord. I must find her before lunch."

She bowed and quickly left with the rest of the maids.

"Is she gone?"

"Yup."

Hyuna popped out of her hiding place and looked at him.

"Thanks. I don't want to go back just yet. It's no fun staying in my room and reading. Can you believe she's making me take sewing lessons?!

"No, I can't. Happy?"

She pouted. They talked for another hour or so, until a dark shadow fell down on them.

"Well well well, who do we have here?"

They both got up and bowed. While Hyuna was frozen, it was DongJun who spoke first.

"High Princess Eun Ha, what brings you here?"

All the laughter from his face was gone.

"Oh nothing....just taking a stroll around the palace. What brings you here DongJun? "

"The same reason as always your highness."

"Hm. Well, I was going to the archery field to watch Yunho shoot. Won't you come with me?"

It was more like a command to go with her. DongJun met Hyuna's eyes, but she smiled and nodded.

"Of course."

Eun Ha smiled and beckoned him. He reluctantly went beside her as they started to walk to the field leaving Hyuna alone. She got up and started to walk back to her quarters. Eun Ha didn't even acknowledge her, but she should be used to it right? It's been 17 years already. 

"Princess Hyuna!!! Where have you been? You skipped your sewing lessons, culture lessons, etiquette lessons, book readings-"

"Mistress Hong...it's doesn't matter. No one cares about me in this palace anyway."

"Your highness...."

She sighed and sat down on the silk mat. She opened up her book while Mistress Hong began to lecture her again.

(DongJun, Eun Ha, Yunho)

"10 Points! Your skills are amazing your highness!" The servant shouted. 

Yunho chuckled and put down the bow.

"Is it really? I haven't shot arrows in a long time. I thought my skills would have been rusted."

He turned to look at Eun Ha and DongJun.

"What do you think sister?"

She smiled,"Wonderful. You have a skill in sports my brother."

He smiled and looked at DongJun,"What do you think?"

"The best I've ever seen."

"Aw. You guys are too kind."

"They only speak the truth."

JaeJoong entered with his long line of servants and guards behind him. The three turned around and bowed.

"Yunho! Your skills are improving  each time I see you."

"Have you been watching me brother?"

"Of course. Ah DongJun, you're here too."

"Yes your highness."

No one mentioned Hyuna. DongJun was worried, of course, but he couldn't speak her name. As much as he wanted to... He couldn't. JaeJoong and Yunho took turns shooting while Eun Ha and DongJun praised each arrow shot.

"Brother! Why don't you let DongJun give it a try? After all, he did have one of the best training." Eun Ha suggested.

JaeJoong smiled.

"Of course."

"Oh no. I couldn't possibly-"

"Oh come on DongJun! Show us your skills!" YunHo whined.

Eun Ha ushered DongJun up the podium and handed him a bow. He carefully set the arrow and aimed. Eun Ha watched with pride and wonder as he aimed. After a few moments, he finally shot.

"10 points!!!"

Everyone clapped.

"Impressive skill DongJun. With that skill, I would like to make you the High Military Officer. What do you think?" JaeJoong offered.

He bowed,"You are very gracious... But forgive me. I cannot. I would like to stay as I am."

JaeJoong just smiled.

"As I thought. If you ever change your mind, I'll always appoint you."

DongJun went back to his place and the two brothers went back to shooting.

"You should have accepted. It would have made things a lot more easier..."
Eun Ha sighed out.

"I beg your pardon your grace, but what do you mean?"

"Nothing...but you'll find out soon."

After another hour or so, the royal siblings decided it was late.

"Go back safely DongJun." JaeJoong told him.

"Yes your highness."

Yunho jumped on his back and hugged him.

"You'll come back tomorrow right?"

"Of course."

Eun Ha ripped Yunho off of him and ushered him to his chambers.

"Go back safely DongJun... Have a...beautiful night."

He bowed, slightly dazed,"For you too your grace."

She walked back with her mistresses.

"Whew...."

He ran to Hyuna's chambers and met Mistress Hong.

"Call for her please."

"Yes my Lord."

"Princess Hyuna. Lord DongJun is here to see you."

"Send him in please."

Hyuna was sitting down with a bored look on her face. 

"Did you have fun?"

"How could I? Both princes and the princess was there! I just stood there praising each shot. I only shot once."

"And you got 10 points, my brother offered you a position in the military, you declined, and my sister told you otherwise."

"You know everything too well."

"There's nothing better to do than listening to the maids talk if you are forgotten."

"Sorry about that."

"It's fine. You don't have a choice anyway."

"What did you do?"

"I got a lecture, read a book, talked with some of the younger maids, and read another book."

"I promise, we'll stay out of Princess Eun Ha's way and play all day long tomorrow."

"DongJun, we're 17. Don't you think playing is a little bit silly for us now?"

"Unless you want me to leave and never come back..."

He started to leave, but Hyuna grabbed his hand.

"Don't you dare."

"Then play with me." He whined.

She half sighed and half smiled.

"Always."

(Kai)

NEXT DAY

"Jongin! Wake up! It's time for breakfast."

Jongin or Kai, he really doesn't care what you call him, woke up and stretched.

"Coming mother."

He dragged his tired body and washed up. He got dressed, shooting off the young maids as always, and walked to where breakfast was set up.

"Good morning mother, father."

"Did you have a goodnight sleep?"

"Yes."

"You have training today. I'm going to be late from the palace. The king's health is getting worse." His father told them.

"Of course."

After breakfast, he went out to the training grounds where he met DongJun.

"Surprised to see you here DongJun. I thought you would be in the palace."

"Nah.. I plan to go a little later. It's been awhile since I saw Hyuna be mad at me."

Jongin was taken aback,"You aren't formal to her?"

"I can be both in front of her. She wants me to be informal, but I choose to annoy her. In front of the other royal siblings, I be formal, so don't worry."

"Ah.."

Jongin went to pick his sword and started to practice with a dummy.

"Jongin... I want to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"Will you become the High Military Officer?"

His eyes almost popped out.

"What?!?!"

"The Crown Prince wants me to become apart of the military. The thing is, I don't want to. With your skills, he will favor you more than me."

"DongJun...."

"I'll talk with the Crown Prince, and maybe Prince Yunho will help me. I'll let him see your skills and there. You are the next military officer. Please Jongin. I need to stay with Hyuna and protect her. I know it's your dream to become an officer, but I also know you want to do it with your own power. High military officer still has a long way to go to get to the top. Just let me help for the first step and you can go the rest on your own."

He thought. This was his chance, to fulfill his dream....

"Okay. But it's only for the first step."

DongJun gleamed.

"Thank you."

They practiced for hours. It was near noon when they decided to stop.

"Won't Princess Hyuna be angry?"

"Yup. I have to go now. If I go any later than this, she'll kill me. No matter how un-proper it is."

DongJun smiled to himself.

"I'll talk to the Crown Prince today. He'll probably call you tomorrow to see your skills."

"All right."

"Well then. Hope you train well for the rest of the time you have left!"

They bid eachother goodbye and DongJun ran out of the training grounds. He practiced a few hours more by himself to get ready. He had to do his best tomorrow. This was his chance. He will even meet the royal family. He wondered what the princesses looked like. He knew from gossip that Princess Hyuna was never looked upon, only in some occasions. Princess Eun Ha was known to be perfect and magnificent.

"I guess I'll find out everything tomorrow."

A/N

First chapter is up! I know it's a little boring right now, but I want to set the beginning firm before the main chunk comes in. Love will Find a Way ended, so now I will be updating Rival Secret and this story. Thank you to all my subscribers who subscribed even before the first chapter was up. You guys made my day! Thanks to my readers, commenters, and upvoters too!