Emotion

Just Another High School Story ~SM High~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan finishes singing his song, and Jongin removes his hand from yours, giving it one last pat. Luhan walks back to his seat, wiping tears from his cheeks.

A few more songs go by, only one of them making a lasting impression on you. 

"Chen!" You hear shuffling behind you as Chen gets up and goes up onstage.

"This song is called A Day Without you. It's about what happened when my first love moved away. I've been working on it for a long time. I hope you enjoy!" His onstage charisma is clear.

As you knew he would, he draws in the entire audience with his song "A Day Without You." It really is an exceptional, amazing performance. You cheer loudly for him. 

Your legs turn to jelly when your name is called. Jongin nudges you when you don't move.

 

"You're gonna be great," he says to you, true faith in you clear in his voice. Suho gives you a small pat on the back as you walk past him to get to the stage. 

 

You don't even remember what you're going to sing. 

 

"Uh," you say simply. Whirlwinds of thoughts fly through your brain, but you don't really want to sing that song anymore. You feel as if you need something more dynamic. You rack your brains. You have the perfect song. 

"I um, well I just decided to switch the song I'm going to sing. This song I wrote shortly after I was betrayed by someone I trusted. I've had problems trusting people since then. So...yeah. It's called Singing Got Better," you say, searching the crowd. You see Luhan looking up at you, eyes still glistening with tears. You feel a little bad for calling him out liket his, but this song comes from your heart, which is what they want.

 

You start to sing. The song starts slowly but then goes faster and its its high point at your explosive and dynamic chorus.

 

I was really a fool, really a fool

My singing got better after breaking up with you

I was crazy about music and then all the lyrics

Became like my stories. I sang like I would die

Slowly slowly my tears dried up

 

I couldn't see how harsh it was 

I cursed a lot, even my heart was brought to flames

Everthing has ended, once I lose you

I gained bigger hope really

It's really a good thing, really a good thing~

 

You finish singing, and you lower the mic after singing your heart and soul out, all the emotions and anger from the past coming out. Everyone gawks at you, and Exo and Chen begin to clap wildly followed by a stunned, impressed remainder of the crowd. Your legs carry you offstage and your heart feels like it will thump out of your chest. 

 

You see Jongin give you the thumbs up sign and Chen looks at you with huge, impressed eyes. Luhan stares down at his feet, not looking at you. You feel a pang of sympathy. He had just sung a sweet, loving song he wrote about you and you wrote a "I don't care, screw you," type of song. 

 

He deserved it though, right? He publically humiliated you AND broke your heart, so that should count for something. 

 

You sit yourself back down in your seat, and Exo spastically congratulates you on a great performance. Chen taps your shoulder from behind and whsipers loudly.

"That was seriously awesome, Ha-Eun!" You gratefully give him a high five and compliment him on his performance. 

 

The rest of the performances go by and Kyungsoo sings his song beautifully. The best one by a girl was one by a girl the year above you who sang a beautiful song dedicated to her mom that had just passed away. It was so beautifully, heart wrenchingly sad. 

 

You KNOW she'll get a spot.

Suho goes onstage to sing Angel and sings it flawlessly and smoothly but not quite with as much emotion as the song requires. You only know this because you've talked to the real author of it. Most people would accept it as just a really good song. 

 

You applaud loudly along with the rest of the room and you see Jongin looking at the chair in front of him a little sadly. 

"You alright?" you ask.

"Mhmm," he looks at you sideways with a lopsided grin. "I'm great." 

 

Finally, the last performance ends and everyone files out of the room. You walk with Jongin on one side of you and Chanyeol on the other side with Rina and Kyungsoo right behind you. Luhan drags his feet while he walks behind Chen who is chattering to Lay nonstop. 

 

Chen gallops up to you and gives you a huge hug.

"I'm so proud of you!" he yells. "I'm such a huge fan of you now and wow I was just blown away by your performance." You hug him back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter