Part Two

How My Baby and I Met Kai

It had been three days since JC’s graduation day. By the next fall, he will be on the first grade already. Jade is in the living room talking with her mother while JC is busy on his new toys.

“Mom, I’ll bring JC with me for the whole month,” I casually gave the little boy a look.

“Where are you going?” her mother asked.

“I promised him that we will spend a whole month in Korea,” I smiled.

“Korea? Do you even know what you are saying?” her mother literally yelled at her. The very word ‘Korea’ made the little boy looks up at Jade.

“Mommy are we going to Korea?” he asked which made Jade smile at her mother.

“I can’t believe you Jade. you better secure your sister’s permission or I will not allow you,”  her mother sighed.

“The permission was long given by my dear sister and I had already bought the tickets, fixed JC’s passport and other papers. All we need is to pack and we will be off the day after tomorrow,” Jade smiled again at her mother.

Her mother’s eyes literally bulged at her words but then the sound of JC’s voice that is laced with much anticipation and eagerness made the older one succumb to the little boy. After all, he is her first grandson.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Grandma, what would you want to have when we get back?” JC asked his grandmother on their way to the airport.

“I just want you safe and sound when you come back. Just don’t forget to call me okay?” the old lady patted his head, pulling him closer.

“Oh, don’t be like that Mom! I don’t want you wailing and all at the airport,” Jade rolled her eyes.

Her mother just ignored her, cuddling closer the little boy.

 

After a while, they are already boarding the plane to South Korea. The few hours ride on air made both of them sleepy. Since she had already prepared everything ahead, they were picked up by the hotel’s service car where they would stay for a month.

 

JC was very much excited when they finally came to the hotel that they didn’t have the time to unpack because the little boy wants to explore the city already. They had their meal first since they arrived right after lunch. She barely had the time to eat because JC kept on pointing and rushing her.

 

That night, they planned what they would do for the whole month, making a very large calendar and sticking in the notes so they won’t forget.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The first week is for the sightseeing. They went on every place their money and feet would carry them. They decided to put the visiting of the Namsan Tower at the end of the week.

 

The second week is made for shopping and trying every restaurant they want. They went from shop to shop to buy things and stuffs; restaurants and café houses for food. All those time, she had with her the camera to take picture of the two of them.

 

The third week is solely scheduled for EXO just as JC wants it. They attended every guesting they had, watched every live performance that by the end of the week, they are lucky enough to attend on one of their fan signing.

 

“Hurry Mommy! They will start!” JC kept on calling Jade since she is just mounting the lens of the camera. It cost her much to get a pass for the two of them but she didn’t regret it because she would do anything for the little boy.

 

They joined the queue of fans lining up. JC starts to get hyper and all that he can’t stop fidgeting and moving from excitement. When it was their turn, JC skipped the members ahead Kai and directly went to the subject of his adulation. Jade had to apologize so she pulled out the very recent album and compensated for what the little boy had missed.

 

When she got to where JC is, Kai gave her a nod of acknowledgement.

“Is this JC?” he asked in which Jade gave a nod to.

“He really looks like Kyungsoo Hyung,” Kai smiled as he reached to sign the album she was holding. JC just stood there watching Kai with dreamy eyes.

“Hyung, marry my Mommy,” he whispered which made Sehun and Lay sitting beside Kai look at the little boy.

“JC!” Jade hissed giving an apologetic look over Kai.

“Please Hyung! Marry my Mommy!” he pleaded.

Kai chuckled, “I would love to see Kyungsoo Hyung do that too beside you. They might mistake you as his younger brother.”

“You’re not answering my question. Will you marry my Mommy?” the little boy insisted.

Kai reached over and whispered something that made the little boy jump with glee.

“But you should not tell anyone okay?” Kai smiled as Jade pulls him to move since the other fans are getting irritated with JC.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

That night, Jade went out with JC to walk near the Han River. She bought him a jacket so he won’t get cold and even a warm drink. Both are wearing the beanie hat and mittens Kai gave her when she went to their shop to get the poster.

 

After securing a perfect spot to sit on, JC asked the very question she dreads to hear from the little boy.

“Mommy, will you get married?”

She whipped her head from shock to look at the little boy, but he was busy on the lights reflecting on the river.

“Why do you ask?” she asked instead.

“Because I heard Grandma talking to another old lady and the old lady wants her son to marry you. Will you really marry him?” JC looked up at her.

Something blocked , tears welling up on her eyes and pulled the little boy to give him a hug.

 

A few days before, her sister called and decided to get JC. They already planned on bringing him so he can study in Saudi Arabia. It took her minutes to give her sister the painful yes. That’s why she is doing everything to savor the time she is with the little boy.

 

“Baby, I would not do that,” she whispered, taking in the baby scent from JC.

“Then you will marry Kai Hyung?”

Jade parted and looked at the little boy, “Why do you insist on letting me marry him?”

“Because you two will look good together,” JC gave a toothy smile.

Jade just pulled him closer, squishing his chubby cheeks.

 

“Mommy, before my real Mom picks me up, let’s go out the whole day! Grandma said Mom will get me when we get home so before we leave Korea let’s go out and spend the day together!” JC cheered as if it’s not painful on her part. She can just nod her head and pulled the little boy again on a hug to hide the trickling tears on her face.

 

That night, she barely had a wink of sleep because of the pain and the tears. She will get parted from JC who had been with him ever since he was a baby. She can’t just prevent her sister from getting him since she is not JC’s biological mother.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The month rolled by faster that she expects it that right now they are on one of the café house to spend the afternoon. The day after tomorrow they will finally leave.

 

But something about the day made her praise the Lord. She doesn’t know if it is luck or what but the whole EXO came inside the café house. Something flicked in her mind that she found herself going on to their table while JC is busy on his Mac book.

 

It was Kris who recognized her. “Jade! Hey there!” he waved. She waved back taking the empty seat beside him. “Can I ask a favor from you guys?” she looked at them.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Mommy where are we going?” JC asked as Jade hails a cab. After asking permission from the guys, they went back to their hotel to get dressed for the occasion. She wore her white cocktail dress and even her white heels. She puts on a light make up and brought along a paper bag aside from her purse. JC, on the other hand, is wearing a vest above a white long sleeved polo.

“I am going to make your wish come true,” she smiled down at the confused JC.

 

The ride was just a few minutes. She followed just as what Kris instructed her. They went down the SM Entertainment building’s basement parking lot where the Kris and a few EXO M members await. JC kept on asking but Jade just kept on giving him smiles instead.

 

When they got inside, on the hallway going on to their practice room, there stood Kyungsoo.

“Get inside and start preparing so we can get to eat pizza,” he smiled at Jade.

“JC baby, go on and get inside with your Kris Hyung. Your Kai Hyung is waiting for you,” she told the little boy. The mere mention of Kai made him agree and went inside together with the other member.

 

Kyungsoo helped her fix the small white veil she placed atop her head together with the small crown. “Are you ready?” he asked offering his arm for her to hold.

“Thank you. You don’t know how thankful I am just because you agreed on my stupid plan, nevertheless thank you,” she wiped of a fallen tear.

“Hey, it would be nice to see Kai getting the groom role for now,” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

A little while, Chen peeked on the door and signaled them to get inside. The moment they got inside, everything inside her stomach started to get wild.  The other member stood on the sides acting like they are the guests and the witnesses as well. JC on the other hand, is standing beside Kai, near Kris holding a small cushion with two rings on it.

 

“You provided the rings?” she whispered over Kyungsoo.

“Of course so it would be more realistic,” he smiled. When they got near Kai, Kyungsoo handed him her hand before they stood face to face beside Kris.

 

Kris cleared his throat first.

“Well, we are gathered here to witness the exchange of vows between Kai and Jade.” he looked at Kai, “Kai, do you take Jade to be your wife, sharing moments together for the rest of your lives?” JC pulled Kai’s coat and whispered, “Say I do Hyung.”

Kai was hesitant but then he let go of the two words, “I do.”

“Jade, do you take Kai as your husband, sharing moments together for the rest of your lives?”

Jade took a deep breath, “I do.”

 

JC eagerly gave them the rings.

“Jade, take this ring as the sign of my love and loyalty, promising you that I will never make you neither cry nor leave you,” he said and slipped the ring on her right ring finger.

Everyone looked at Kai since it was not on the script they made for this fake wedding

Jade slowly reached to slip the ring on his finger too, “Kai, take this ring as the sign of my love and loyalty, promising you my loyalty and whole heart.”

 

“By the power bestowed upon me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride,” Kris gave a sly smile towards Kai as the others teased them, even JC.

“When I asked you to do me a favor, not to this point,” she whispered, scared by the thought the her first kiss will be from Kai, a complete stranger to her.

“It will be more realistic plus JC will surely insist afterwards,” Kai smiled, slowly bending over. She kept her eyes closed and turned her head so he can kiss her on the cheeks but it didn’t happen.

 

She opened her eyes and faced him only to be kissed straight from the lips. Her eyes widened by just the slight touch of their lips sending electric feeling down her spine. When Kai parted, Kyungsoo yelled for a picture. They did various poses, even letting the ‘newly married’ to take their couple picture. They did some more till their ordered pizza came.

 

The favor she asked is to do a mock wedding with Kai just for JC. The boys didn’t agree at first but her desperate pleading and the tears she unconsciously shed while asking for the favor made them agree at last. Somehow, others found it quite a good idea since their second maknae will get to be a ‘real man’ according to Xiumin.

 

“I never experienced a reception where the only serve pizza for the guests,” Jade whispered over Kai since they insisted them to sit side by side.

“By the way, why did you ask the favor?” Kai asked.

She gave a sad smile looking at JC who is eating beside Kyungsoo. “Because her real mother will get him when we come home, the day after tomorrow. I would never see him again; we will never have moments like this again. He keeps on bugging me about letting you marry me that’s why I came up with that stupid idea. I want to keep him, but then I am not his real mother so I just have to give him up. I would really miss him that I would want to freeze time right now so we wouldn’t have to go back home,” she explained. She felt his finger brushing a tear from her face.

“I understand and I know it is hard but that is reality so you just have to deal with it,” Kai smiled at her which made her smile back at him. She resumed on her pizza, unaware at how Kai’s stare lingered longer to watch her every move.