Part One

How My Baby and I Met Kai

The serene atmosphere on the waiting area at the children’s park was disturbed by a loud yell from a lady.

“YAH! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU NOW?” she yelled on her phone.

Everyone turned to look at her, giving her weird looks but she ignored it.

Even the twelve boys waiting for the bus to arrive for their next destination threw her a look. Looks like she is also a tourist.

 

“We’ll already on our way there. We are already on the bus and the next stop will be there so chill okay?” the girl on the other line said.

“Chill? How can you expect me to chill when I have been going around this big amusement park for almost two hours looking for the three of you huh?” she exclaimed again, the other people throwing her dirty looks which she don’t mind since she is too frustrated and mad to even notice.

“Jade, I bet all the people there are looking at you right now,” the lady on the other line replied.

Jade looked around; her friend was right, everyone is looking at her.

“Well, let’s talk about this at the hotel okay? And kindly tell the other person with you to prepare yourselves,” she sighed and ends the call.

 

She tried to calm herself when she saw the bus coming their way. It soon stopped in front of the waiting area. The passengers started to pour out same with her friends.

“Sorry for leaving you in here,” Ems, the one she talked to hugged her but she didn’t bat an eye on the gesture of affection.

“Let’s go, I don’t feel like doing another round in this place,” she said and let her friends get inside the bus first. When she got inside, the driver asked her to go up on the second floor since the first floor is already full.

 

She sighed and took the narrow stairs to go up. When she is already up, thirteen pair of male eyes met hers. Some were still standing still, putting their things on the compartments.

She bowed her head and took the very first seat, the side nearest to the window since it’s by pair. She plugged in her earphones on her phone and let a random song on her playlist cool off her mind.

“Would you mind if I sit beside you?” a voice asked. She looked up to see a tall guy with dirty blonde hair ask her. She removed her other earphone, “Come again?” she blinked.

“Would you mind if I sit beside you?” he asked again.

“Oh, no of course,” she smiled and adjusted herself.

 

After a while, the bus started to move as she looks outside the window. Suddenly, her phone started to buzz. An incoming video call. She pressed the receive button.

She gasped, “Oh my! Baby!” she exclaimed not minding the person sitting beside her.

On the other line is a little boy with an old lady, “Mommy!” he replied.

“Baby, Mommy misses you so much! Are you doing well? Did someone bully you at school? Have you had your lunch? Come on baby, tell something to Mommy,” she asked at the laughing little boy.

“Mommy, I am fine. I just miss Mommy,” the little boy gave a toothy smile making her pout.

“I really, really want to squish you and hug you and kiss you right now. Mommy misses you so much baby,” she said, faking a sniff earning a chuckle from the person beside her.

“Mommy when will you be home?” the little boy asked.

“Sooner baby. What would you want Mommy to buy for you?”

“Mommy I want an autographed poster of Kai Hyung!” he exclaimed, “Mommy I want something like what you are wearing right now,” he added.

She pointed to her jacket; “This?” she spared a look on it and smiled, “Ok. Now, enough of the EXO videos okay? Study your lessons or else I won’t get the poster of Kai you are requesting. Bye baby, I’ll call back when I get to the hotel,” she kissed the screen of her phone before the call ended. She removed her earphone and heaved a sigh.

 

“So you are an EXO fan?” the guy beside her asked.

“Nope, my baby is the fan,” she smiled.

 “Then why are you wearing their jacket?” the guy pointed on the white jacket she is wearing. It has black prints of the word EXO on the front. At the back is the number 88 with the name Kai printed atop it.

She chuckled, “I was not supposed to wear this. Unfortunately, my green hoodie was still in the laundry and I can’t take the risk of catching a cold. My friend actually owns this,” she explained.

“By the way, my name is Kris,” he reached for a handshake.

She accepted it, “Mine’s Jade.”

“You’re a tourist?” he asked again.

“Yeah, I’m actually here for a seminar but then our facilitator gave us a day to roam around so here I am. Plus I need to get my baby a poster of Kai, the autographed one,” she replied.

Kris gave a light laugh, “You really don’t know me? How about them?” he pointed at the back.

 

She craned her neck and some of the boys are looking at her. She had to admit that all of them are good looking. She sat down again with a confused look, “Who are they? If you don’t mind?” she gave a sheepish smile.

Kris stifled a laugh, “You are too naïve! By the way, I am Kris, EXO M’s Leader,” he introduced again.

She stared at him for a while, trying to digest what he just said.

“Kai is the one over there, beside that big eyed lad Kyungsoo,” he pointed, half turning to point out Kai.

When she looked at him, Kai was looking at them too.

Her eyes widened in recognition. She gasped and crouched on her chair from embarrassment.

Kris was still smiling, shaking his head. “Don’t worry, no one will know about this.”

 

“You’re married?” he asked afterwards.

She breathed before answering, “Nope.”

“Single mother?”

“Nope.”

“Then how did you had a baby?” he asked in confusion.

“He was my sister’s son. My sister and her husband have to leave for their work in Saudi Arabia so after healing herself from giving birth to JC, she left him on my care so basically he grew up with me. But then, he knows at a young age that I am not his real mother,” she smiled.

“How old is he?”

“Turning six by March,” she replied.

“I am thankful to know that even a little boy likes us,” he said.

 

The silence that ensued made her relax. The bus came to a stop. It was shop stopovers so some of the boys went down to buy some drinks, even Kris.

She just stayed on her seat, adjusting herself to take a nap. The bus started to move afterwards. The ride was actually more than two hours so she made herself comfortable.

 

But no matter how she tries, she has that feeling that someone is looking at her. She made a few adjustments but the feeling is still there so she fluttered her eyes open only to see the guy she wants to avoid, Kai. He is looking at her, his face a mixture of confusion and amusement.

“What? And where’s Kris?” she asked, getting irritated by the way he looks. She craned her neck and saw Kris sitting a few seats behind them.

“Nothing and he took the seat beside Tao,” he shrugged and made himself comfortable.

Her phone buzzed again, this time loudly since she removed her earphone a while ago. It was another video call from her baby.

“Yes baby?” she asked receiving the call.

“Waaaah~ Mommy, Kai Hyung is sitting beside you? Please let me talk to him! Please? Please?” the little pouted from the other line. Kai is peeking beside her to look at her phone.

She heard Kai chuckle setting her cheeks into a deep shade of red.

“Please Mommy? Please?” the little boy asked again.

She looked at the chuckling guy beside her, “Will you?” she asked with a nervous smile.

“Your son is a fan?” he asked again in disbelief.

“He is not my biological son, will you?”

He gave that sweet smile and reached for the phone, “Anyeong,” he greeted the little boy.

“Waaaah~ it’s really Kai Hyung! You will give me one of your posters with your autograph?” the little boy asked.

“Ne, I will give it to your Mommy, so what is the name of the cute little boy who will receive it?” he smiled again.

 

Their conversation went on, JC acting like he is already close with Kai. Somehow, the guy made him feel comfortable. A question from the little boy made her turn her head.

“Kai Hyung, will you marry my Mommy?”

Kai looked at her same with her. She immediately grabbed her phone, “JC, what are you saying?”

Kai just chuckled, “So what’s your name?” he asked instead.

“Jade,” came her quick reply before resuming on the call.

 

After a while, the call ended.

“Sorry for JC’s behavior. That was rude of him,” she apologized.

“It’s okay .I was just surprised that he is our fan and not you since majority of our fandom were girls,” he replied.

“Well, not because majority or almost all of them are girls I am already included. I’ve got many things to think of to be a fan, no offense meant.”

“How can you get the poster if you would not come with us?”

“Don’t you have one on your shop? I’ll probably drop by in there.”

“I’ll just leave one in there and tell the saleslady to give it to you, I’ll give them your name and all you have to do is introduce yourself. The pass code will be our son’s name, JC,” he smiled at her.

She gave a nod, “Thank you then.”

 

The silence that followed made her sleepy so she took a nap. After almost an hour, he woke her up.

“Were already here,” he slightly nudged her waking her up. She stood up and made some stretching before she stood up to get her bag. She waited for all of them to get down before she followed, but Kai made her go first.

 

At the Hotel

 

“OH MY GOD JADE!! Why didn’t you take pictures with them? Why?” her bestfriend, Ems whined.

“Yeah, that’s a one in a million chance! Why let it slip? JADE!!!” Ruby joined Ems in the whining.

There were three of them in the room since all of them were part of the Seminar Workshop.

“I am not a fan and I didn’t come all the way home to get here and take a picture with random guys,” she defends and continued with her work.

“Have you made your report for tomorrow?” she asked the two.

The two exchanged looks, “Is it due tomorrow?” they asked.

“Yeah, because next week will be the final week before the final event of the workshop and then we will be off on our way home,” she looked at the two.

The next minute, the two were scampering to start their report which made Jade chuckle.

 

Later that night, she gave her baby one last call before she went to sleep.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

After the three weeks of workshop, Jade, Ems and Ruby started packing their things to prepare for their flight tomorrow.

“Jade, have you bought JC the present he asks?” Ruby suddenly asked.

“Yeah, I made a customized jacket with EXO print on it and Kai’s name at the back. I even bought the other CD’s of EXO for him which he hasn’t had. Almost all of the things I bought for him were from EXO,” Jade sighed.

“So where is the poster with Kai’s signature you said you will get for him?” Ems asked again.

That question made her stop from packing her things, “Oh my god! JC will butcher me alive!” she grabbed her jacket and her wallet before she raced outside.

 

‘I am so stupid to even forget that poster!’ she thought as she is on her way to the shop after hailing a cab. After paying the fare, she immediately went inside straight to the cashier.

“Is there something left in here for Jade?” she asked the male cashier.

“What’s the pass code?” the male cashier asked.

“JC” came her reply. The guy bent over to get the poster.

“Sir Kai was here a while ago. He was to get that but then he thought you would pass by so he didn’t get it,” the guy smiled.

She sighed in relief and hugged the poster. “This paper bag goes with that too,” he handed her a large paper bag.

When she peeked inside to check it, it was a blue beanie hat with a smaller one and two pairs of mittens, large one and a small one. There was also a note.

 

I hope you like the present.

 

A smile crept on to her face as she keeps on reading the note again and again. After a while she bowed her head and left with a smile on her lips. She picked her phone and dialed a number as she moves out the shop.