Memory

Iki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANYEOL'S POV

 

"We'll make an archway to this window and a built-in on this wall. How does that sound so far?" I asked my client eagerly.
 

"Hmm, sounds good to me. I am hoping you won't dissapoint me. My friend Jia told me you are among the best when it comes to interior designing. I am taking her word on that." 
 

Who is she kidding? I can clearly see she is the demanding type unlike her friend Jia whom dearly loved the way her newly upgraded kitchen turned out. I am just designing a really small waiting room for this woman and she is already stepping on my heels! Nevertheless, I smiled gently and nodded. "I promise you won't be dissapointed."
 

"Very well then. Thank you for coming. I'm sure you'll be plenty of busy right now," she looked in the direction of the big window where we'll build the archway, "and the weather won't be of much help if I keep you here too long..."
 

I turned to the window and saw that it was heavily snowing. Snow.  A pang in the chest suddenly hit me, remembering the person that was a big part of my life and whom loved winter time the most. 

 

 

How is he doing?
Do you think about me as much as I do?
Will we ever see each other again?

 

 

"Well, Mrs. Lee. I'll be seeing you next week, hopefully. Farewell! Let's go, Chen!" my carpenter and best friend followed me close behind. 
 

We got in his car and carefully drove away from the big house. "Wow, that Mrs. Lee can be such a..." 
 

"Pain in the ?" I cut in.
 

"Psychotic ! I am so glad she finally liked this design after four attempts!" 
 

I laughed. "I'm glad too. Now, can you take me to the mall? I'll start on taking some linen samples." 
 

"Sure thing, we're not that far away. Do you need me to do anything?"
 

"No, I'll be okay on my own. I'll take a cab or the bus back home; from looking at how heavy the snow is falling, it won't be too long 'til the weather gets worst."
 

Twenty minutes later, we were in front of the mall's main entrance. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?"
 

"Chen, go home!" I said exasperated.
 

"Okay, okay! Geez..." I got off the car. "I love you, Channie!"
 

I turned back to him. "Idiot. Love you too! Now, get out of here!" I smiled genuinely at him. I watched him drive away and I walked inside the mall.


I looked at the linens in front of me...yet, my mind somehow wasn't really there at all. I wasn't thinking about which linen would make the best curtains for Mrs. Lee's waiting room...my mind was way back...back to the snow...back to him. Why was it always like that? There was always something, every single day; that reminded me of him. His puppy face staring at me. His cute pout asking to be kissed. His loving voice calling at my name. 
 

There isn't a single day that I don't think about what would it be like if we were still together and in love. I still don't know whose fault was it, was it me? Or was it him? No. We were both at fault. We slowly became selfish, slowly began walking our own paths, following what we thought was best for us...yes, us...but we never thought about the other, did we?
 

I will always remember the day we met. It was at that beauty company he helped build, they needed a designer since the company was all about glamour and needed a fresh vision. I was new in the field but already had a name. They invited him to help me with the concept and to get a little bit of more inspiration.
 

I guess they thought that I would do better if the one that built the company helped me understand his vision. Little did they knew, he would become my vision. The sole inspiration to my every day life. 

 

 

My love, why did we fell apart?

 

 

Now, the only thing left is nothing but the memory of having him in my arms, of touching his lips with mine, of caressing his cute face, of staring at each other, nothing else...except memory of him ever been mine...

After three long hours of searching for linen samples, I finally got out of the mall and just as I imagine: It was freezing cold outside. I pulled my jacket closer to my chest and began walking as I rubbed my hands and blew some hot air between them....

It happened too quickly. One second, I bumped into someone and the next one; I see the person falling to the floor. His beanie fell off his head from the impact and I could see his head full of brown hair...that shiny hair which it's so familiar to me. My heart skipped a beat when my trembling hand reaches out for his. I could hear him swearing under his breath. Finally, he let out a sigh and took my hand. That hand...the feeling of it quickly sends me a thousand flashbacks when I was able to hold it whenever I wished to.

I wanted to look at his face...but I was too scared to do it...so I bend and slowly took his beanie. Once again, I extended my hand and put his beanie between his small hands. I watched him put the beanie back on and bowed an apology. That's when I knew.

 

It was him.

 

I tried to find my voice. I needed to say something and when I did. All that came out was: "I'm sorry".

I could swear I saw him smile even though he still wasn't looking at me. He said it was okay and when he spoke, I thought I was gonna faint right there! 

 

Please, look at me!

 

I spoke once again, feeling so overwhelmed.

 

Look at me....

....Baekhyun.

 

As if he was listening to my thoughts, he slowly lifted his head and finally! I got to see his face. That face that has been long hunting my dreams. The face I used to wake up in the morning next to and the last one I would see when I went to bed. His eyes inmediately recognized whom I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter