chapter 16

What really went wrong

EXO's Dorm

 

Suho's Pov

 

"Behave, guys. Chanyeol, stop clinging on Taemin. Tao, stop playing with his hair, you made him look like a porcupine with that hairstyle. Kris, is that even Taemin you're drawing? Or rather is that even a person? Sigh. These kids." Looking at them like that brings a smile to my face. They look just like a normal rowdy bunch of teenagers. I noticed Jongin was not in the group. I looked around and saw him pretending to be busy in the kitchen. I went to the kitchen to help prepare the food with Chen and Kyungsoo.

 

"Jongin, stop glaring at them. If you're jealous take him away. Those guys are suffocating your precious Taeminnie." I teased Jongin and he blushed hard.

 

"Wh--i ah..uhm what?!! J-je-jealous?!! Me?! What are you talking about, hyung?!" Jongin sounds defensive while stuttering and blushing. Haha cute.

 

Jongin, Taemin and I have been friends for a long time. Ever since our trainee days. Its pretty obvious to see how much Jongin adores Taemin.

 

"Oh Jongin. I'm your hyung remember? Don't worry, your Taeminnie is as dense as a rock. Haha " I said while ruffling Jongin's hair.

 

"Hyung..." Jongin said with uncertainty and worry.

 

"C'mon, the food's ready. We'll bring the food over there and let's eat on the floor since there's 13 of us here it'll be a mess." I smiled at Jongin with assurance and urged him to help me bring the food in the living room.

 

"Wow! Chen's kimchi soup! Taeminnie, hurry and find a place on the floor. It'll be a riot." Chanyeol said as he sits on the floor.

 

Taemin just smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. Jongin dragged hin down to sit on the floor beside him.

 

"Here, Minnie. Stop spacing out and eat or else you won't get to eat anything at all." Jongin said as he gives Taemin a bowl of soup and rice.

 

"I'm good. Let's eat!"

 

In a matter of 5 minutes the food was all wiped out.

 

"Yah! Sehunnie, you wash the dishes." Kris ordered Sehun.

 

"No way, hyung. That's unfair. Let's do rock, paper, scissors."

 

"Aish. Fine."

 

Xiumin hyung, Chanyeol and Taemin ended up as the dishwashers for the night.

 

"Aishhhh. Why can't we just share and eat on one plate?! There are so many plates and bowls to wash." Sound like Chanyeol is having a tantrum LOL but went on cleaning anyway.

 

I noticed Taemin was just staring at Xiumin and Chanyeol and not doing anything at all.

 

"Yah, Taeminnie. Why aren't you cleaning?"

 

"Eh? Oh. Yeah yeah i'm cleaning, hyung." Taemin said as he hurriedly stacked the dishes on top of each other without removing the excess food.

 

"Hyung, do you really want this guy to clean? Look at him. He looks pathetic. Move, Taeminnie. Go to the living room, i'll take your place in cleaning." Jongin said as he pushed Taemin towards the couch.

 

Jongin must really care a lot for Taeminnie. Jongin hates cleaning with a passion but he's willing to do it for Taemin.

 

"What are you doing, Jongin?! Let me clean. Don't just order me around i'm older than you, you know!" Taemin sounded like his pride was wounded by how Jongin assumed he doesn't know how to wash the dishes.

 

"So tell me, Taeminnie. Do you even know how to turn on the dishwasher? I doubt it. The SHINee hyungs spoiled you rotten. I bet you don't even lift a finger in helping clean your dorm much less your room. Aish. You depend on your hyungs too much. There will come a time when they'll get tired of you being useless like that, you know. You don't e--"

 

"SHUT UP, JONGIN!" Taemin snapped and stomp out the kitchen. He went inside Jongin and Kyungsoo's room and slammed the door.

 

 Jongin never got to finish his speech because Taemin shot him down. We were all shocked by his outburst. The room fell into an awkward silence and the members looked at each other questioningly.

 

I turned and looked at Jongin's confused face.

 

"Eh? Did i say something wrong, hyung?"

 

"Just clean, Jongin. I'll go talk to him."

 

Knock...knock...

 

"Taeminnie, i'm going in." I opened the door and saw a big lump covered in blanket in the middle of the bed.

 

"Taemin ah. Talk to me." I sat on the bed and tried to wrestle Taemin out of the blanket.

 

"Umpfh! Ugh! Hyung, stop it!"

 

"I'll stop if you come out of there."

 

He gave up and sat properly in the middle of the bed.

 

"C'mon tell me what happened."

 

"..." he remained silent.

 

"Lee Taemin." I tried to sound stern and determined.

 

"..."

 

"What, you won't talk to me now? Is that how you treat your hyungs?"

 

"No! I...uhm...hyung, i'm sorry. Things are complicated right now."

 

"How so? You had a fight with your hyungs, right?"

 

"Uhn. With Jonghyun hyung. But they all hate me now." Taemin said with a shaky voice, clutching Jongin's pillow to his chest like it was a lifeline.

 

"Hate you? There's no way they'll hate you. They all love you, Tae." Hate? SHINee hating on Taemin? Talk about absurd. Anyone with eyes can see how much they adore and love him. I wonder what happened to make Taemin say these things.

 

"No. You don't understand, hyung. They really do. I heard them. I'm just an obligation. A responsibility." Taemin looked so hurt but he didn't cry. Aisshh this kid.

 

I've known Taemin for a long time and i can count on one hand the times when Taemin cried. He rarely cries. He's such a stubborn kid.

 

"Taeminnie... what made you think that way? You know that's not true. Can't you see how much they love you?" I was answered by silence. Taemin flopped on the bed and hid under the blankets again.

 

"I'm gonna rest now, hyung. I'm tired."

 

"Okay. But apologize to Jongin. He didn't deserve you snapping at him. Good night, Tae. Rest well." I pat his blanket and walked out of the room.

 

As i went out, the guys were in panic pretending to talk to each other, running from Jongin's door towards the couch and pretending they never eavesdropped. Sigh. I looked around to look for Jongin.

 

"If it's Jongin, he's in the kitchen." Kyungsoo said and he pointed at Jongin sitting at the table staring into space.

 

I went to the kitchen but Jongin didn't even bother glancing at me. It was like he didn't see me but i stopped right in front of him.

 

"Jongin."

 

"...."

 

"Jongin."

 

"...."

 

"YAH KIM JONGIN."

 

"Eh? Why? What?" A startled Jongin said.

 

"I've been standing in front of you calling your name but you didn't even look at me."

 

"Really? Sorry, hyung. I was thinking about something."

 

"C'mon. It's getting late. Let's sleep. Kyungsoo will be sleeping in Baek's bedroom tonight. You and Taemin'll share your room."

 

"How's Taemin, hyung? Is he okay?" Jongun said with a worried voice.

 

"Why don't you ask him yourself? Talk to him. Maybe he'll tell you what's going on."

 

"Okay. Thanks, hyung."

 

I watched as Jongin paused in front of the door to gather his courage. I just hope Jongin can open Tae's heart. 

 

 


 

Hi, guys! how was the update? Up to this chapter its been full of TaeKai interactions, right? As well as TaeminxExo interactions but doncha worry JongTae shippers, a few more chapters and JongTae will appear. ^^;  and SHINeexExo interactions are on the way too!

P.S. if you noticed there are a lot of TaeminxExo interactions, that's cos Taemin is just so adorable with them! 0m0 

did you, guys, see the photo of Taemin, Kai, Sehun and Tao hanging out? I can't remember the date but i think it was last month? not sure, really. Hahaha Taemin's not short but with them guys towering him, he looks so cuutteee!! 

Anyways, thank you so much for reading, commenting and subscribing! i love you all <3 <3 <3