chapter 17

What really went wrong

Jongin's POV

 

Deep breath. Breathe, Jongin. Breathe.

 

I open the door and saw a big lump covered with a blanket in the middle the bed. Kyungsoo and i share a room and a bed. The room was average in size and since i'm rooming with Kyungsoo the neat freak, the room is sparkling clean.

 

I sat on the edge of the bed.

 

"Taemin. Are you asleep?"

 

"...."

 

"Taemin ah. Talk to me, please."

 

"...."

 

"Fine. If you don't want to talk, i'll sleep then." I said. If he's not ready to talk yet then i'll let him be. I yanked the blanket off him and laid down, my back facing him.

 

I lay there staring at the door. How can i sleep when i'm worried about him like this? Aishhh.

 

I flinched when an arm wrapped its way to may waist. A face buried in my back. Our legs touching.

 

"Jongin. Please don't be mad at me. Please. I'm sorry for snapping at you like that." Taemin said shakily.

 

I lift his arms to face him but he tightened his embrace on me.

 

"No! Don't, Jongin. I'm sorry. I really am! No! No!" Taemin hugged me so hard i can barely breathe.

 

"T-tt-taemin, i-i can't b-breath-e." I pat his arms repeatedly for emphasis.

 

"Sorry. Please just listen to me." I felt his arms loosening its grip but its still resting on my waist.

 

"I will. I won't run away. I'm just going to face your way, Taeminnie." I lift his arms again to allow me to face him but he hugged me tight enough to make me unable to move.

 

"Don't face me. I don't want you to see me this way. Just let me hold you like this."

 

As he said that, i can feel my backshirt getting wet. Is he crying? TAEMIN'S CRYING?!

 

I forcibly yanked his arms off and faced him. I half sat on the bed and looked at him. He curled into a ball and sobbed hard. Taemin's crying. He really is. I can hear his sobs. I really could.

 

I pulled him into a tight embrace. He buried his face on the crook of my neck. I can feel his tears. He hugged me clutching a fistful of my shirt.

 

"You idiot! You think i'd miss this moment seeing you cry? Silly. Cry all you want, Taeminnie. Let it all out. I'm here. I won't let you go." His sobs went harder and he hugged me tighter. I tightened my hug on him too.

 

As he calmed down, when sniffs can only be heard, he loosened his hug.

 

"I'm sorry for breaking down like that. I didn't know what came to me." He said, sniffling. His eyes are red and puffy. I can see pain in his tear strained face.

 

"Idiot. You don't need to apologize  you said i'm your bestfriend, right? So you should cry on me when you feel sad. But no, Taeminnie, you just act like you're always happy and nothing is wrong. I'm really glad you cried on me. You don't have to be the strong one all the time. "

 

He sat there contemplating on my words.

 

"You can tell me anything, you know." I urged him to talk because crying is one way to relieve it but talking about it is a much better way.

 

"Jongin."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Jongin."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You won't leave me, right? Promise me you won't. You're all i have now." Taemin's voice is laced with worry and uncertainty.

 

"What made you think that i will, Taemin ah? You know even if i have to, i won't ever leave you." What is this uncertainty? Where is this all coming from? What really happened that made him think that way?

 

"They hate me, Jongin. They hate me because i'm selfish. I'm loosing them. I don't want to loose you too."

 

"Who hates you? Nobody can hate someone like you, Tae. You're not selfish. Who said those words to you? I told you you're never gonna loose me."

 

I was waiting for his answer when i felt his body weighing down on me. He fell asleep. Aish. Seriously.

 

"What really happened, Taemin ah? Why won't you tell me?" I cradled his body close to mine. Seeing him sleep like this overwhelms my heart. He looks so trusting. So serene. Far cry from the strong and cold expression he always sports.

 

I lay him down beside me. I lied down facing him, gently caressing his cheeks. My heart pounding in my chest.

 

Damn. I'm in deep .

 


 Hey guys! Hahaha that was a bit short don't you think? Another TaeKai chapter. omo *0*

Next chapter's gonna be a ---- SECRET. LOL Hahaha 

It's a JongTae chapter so expect it ne? XD 

Thanks so much for reading, subscribing and commenting! i love you all so much. It just overwhelms me thet people actually wanna read this. <3 <3 <3

KAMSAHAMNIDA! <3