3

That Should Be Me

 

Kris POV

 

Everyone knows that I'm the 'COLD CITY GUY' in EXO. I really am not that outspoken like my other members.  Sometimes I prefer to be alone and listen to music for a whole day.

 

 

"Kris hyung, where are you going?'" Sehun asked me.

 

 

"Out" I simply said.

 

 

It's 2 am and I'm going out. If the managers learned about this I'm so dead. But I dont care. I have to go.

 

 

Han river.

 

 

A very famous place here in Korea. I remember the first time I set foot on that place, I instantly fell in love. But It became a much better place when I first saw her there. At first I can believe who I was seeing but after pinching my skin so hard, I realized I'm not dreaming.

 

 

She was sitting alone at a bench, wearing a hoodie and with headphones on her ears. She was just sitting so peacefully admiring the view of the place. I can't help but watch her. She's wearing very simple clothes with no make up on yet she's looking like a Goddess. I'm not even exagerating, she's glowing under the moonlight. Now I know why Chanyeol is fanboying over her. 

 

 

It became my habit to go to Han River. Aside from resting and having a breather of fresh air, I was silenty hoping I'll see her. She's slowly becoming my addiction. I cant seem to get enough of her. I wanted to be close to her. God knows how much I wanted to sit beside her and talk to her, but I just can't.

 

 

I know she's in a relationship. I mean, I think the whole world knows. Even without confirming it, I know she's with G-Dragon Sunbaenim. He practically branded her as his. All the couple things. yes they may have been working under the same label but why are they the only one wearing almost the same clothes. If it was once or twice I would have shrugged about it but it was almost everytime. 

 

 

Lately as I've been observing her, She seems sad. She seems lost. I cant help but think, is he hurting her? is he taking her for granted? is he cheating on her? thousands of thoughts are running to my mind. At some point, I really wanted to step up to her and hug her but thinking of G-dragon sunbaenim, i cant help but feel scared. Who am I to compete with him. He's the effing genius G-DRAGON.

 

 

Then one night when I saw a teardrop fell in her eyes, I mustered all my courage and went up to her. I just cant see her like this anymore.

 

 

I walked my way towards her. But she seems very lost in her own world that she didnt even notice I'm already standing infont of her.

 

 

I took out my hanky and give it to her. 

 

 

That's when the time she notices me.

 

 

I could see the alarm in her eyes. So I immediately said  'Dont be scared, I thought you might need this to wipe your tears away'

 

 

She's trying to look at my face but since its really dark and I'm wearing a huge hoodie she cant seem to see it.

 

 

I thought she will freak out and walked away but it shocked me when she took the hanky from me and wiped her tears away. I took that as if she wont mind having me around so I sat down next to her.

 

 

There was a comfortable amount of silence. I cant help but feel great that for how many months of watching her from a far, I was now this close to her.

 

 

My heart broke as I hear her soft sobs. I wanted to hug her really but I know it's not right to do it. For the meantime.

So instead I said 'You know what they say? Sometimes it feels good talking to a stranger because you know they cant judge you. So if you want someone to listen to you, I'm all ears'

 

From the corner of my eyes, I saw her looked at me as if thinking what she needs to do. 

 

Then I heard her soft voice adn asked me 'What are you going to do when you feel the one you love so much dont love you anymore?'

 

I knew it, though she asked hypotethically, I know she's hurting because of him. Damn. I might be a nobody yet but I really wanna kill him.

 

'Hmmmm. Tough question' I started

 

'But if i feel, its not the same anymore, then I'll let her go. I would not want to tie her up with me. I mean, I love her so I would want her to be happy and if that means her being with someone else, then so be it, even if it breaks m heart. Atleast one of us is happy right?'

 

She then looked up at the sky and closed her eyes. I know she was thinking of too much things right now. I cant help but watch her. I longed to touch her face and tell her everthing will be alright. But so far this is the most I can do. I'll take it one step at a time.

 

Few minutes passed and it seem she grew comfortable with me. i decided to change the topic so she'll feel light. We talked about randomn stuff and finally  I saw her smile.

 

As much as I wanted to keep her with me, It was already too late and I dont want her to get sick. Knowing they will start their worldtour soon and also preparing for an album, she need as much rest as possible.

 

'Hey,it's already late, I think you should go home now' I told her

 

She glanced at her phone to check the time i think and said ''Omo. you're right, I didnt notice the time. I should be going.But can I atleast see you and know your name?''

 

Ottoke.

 

I was thinking if I would let her know who I am. I was scared she might not like me. But oh well, I have to bet all that I have now. 

 

I then removed my hoodie and faced her.

 

 

 

 

''HI Darashi, I'm Kris''

 

 

And i think tha's how it all started