Bite Me (Literally) 2

Crack Stories

Making it to class with a few seconds to spare, Chanyeol sat through the class lecture in his Modern Technologies class. It was only an hour and thirty minutes, much better than the three hour class periods they usually had. He didn’t mind though since his dream was to become a programmer of some sort.

“Hey, Yeol.” A familiar voice called out after the lecture ended.

“Oh, Jongin, what are you doing here?” Chanyeol laughed because his younger friend wasn’t in the class.

“Well, I was waiting for you before class but they assumed I was supposed to be attending that lecture. Oh my God, how do you sit through that every Wednesday? I nearly died of boredom.”

“I’m sorry my interests don’t entertain you dance major.” Chanyeol nudged the other playfully, “Oh, I had the weirdest thing happen to me last night. There was some kid on the street and he-“

“Excuse me.” A voice interrupted him.

              Chanyeol and Jongin both turned around; behind them were two strange looking kids. One was very girly looking (despite being a boy) with deep red hair and the other had a rounder face with orange-y hair. The red haired boy’s eyes flashed purple as he stared at Jongin.

“I’ll meet up with you later, hyung,” he said robotically before about-facing and walking away.

“Jongin-“

“Hello, Park Chanyeol, we have a few questions for you,” the orange haired one said in a monotone voice. “Please follow us.”

              Chanyeol obediently followed the strangers, taking note of how odd they looked dressed in professional wear on a hot day like today. They also looked very young, perhaps barely younger than Chanyeol himself. When the trio reached the park benches in the middle of the community college, Chanyeol was offered to sit on the opposite side of the sidewalk. “So…” Chanyeol started awkwardly.

“We were wondering about your story, when something ‘weird’ happened to you.”

“Could I have your names at least?” Chanyeol said through his teeth.

“Very well. My name is Minseok.” The boy with orange hair introduced himself. “And this is Luhan,” he gestured to the red head sitting next to him.

“So, will you tell us about the events that occurred last night at approximately one a.m.?”

“I was, uh, walking home from work and I saw something out of the corner of my eye; someone had collapsed on the sidewalk so I brought him home and stuff,” Chanyeol explained.

“Did he wake up?”

“Eventually, and he showered. After that he introduced himself and started spewing nonsense,” Chanyeol laughed.

“Did he tell you his name?”

“Yeah, his name is Baekhyun,” Chanyeol noted how the red haired boy’s eyes lit up when he mentioned the name. “Do you know him by any chance?”

“Yes, we are here to retrieve him since he ran away last night. Could you take us to him now?”

“I guess, but he looks different right now. He, like, dyed his hair and changed his contacts, so he probably looks pretty different.”

              Luhan and Minseok looked at each other, nodding.  Chanyeol hoped in the back of his mind that these were perhaps Baekhyun’s parental figures, since they mentioned he ran away. They seemed strange like Baekhyun, so there was a good possibility they had a connection of some sort. The two strangers followed silently behind Chanyeol until they reached his apartment when he heard one of them mumble, “He has definitely been here.”

              Chanyeol unlocked the door and called out to Baekhyun, but he was absent. “He was here this morning, I don’t know where he could have gone…”

“Do not fret over it, our Baekhyun is a very adventurous boy. Here,” Minseok handed him a card with a neatly written phone number on it, “please call this number if you see or hear from him. We shall come over as soon as possible.”

“Wait, are those clothes he wore last night?” Luhan pointed to a folded pair of clothes sitting on the couch.

“Yeah, I gave those to him because he got blood on his shirt.”

“May we have them?”

              Chanyeol gave them an odd stare, “I-I guess. I don’t see what you could do-“

“Thank you for your cooperation, Park Chanyeol, we look forward to hearing from you again.” The two of them said simultaneously.

              He sighed as he closed the door. Besides the folded clothes, there was really no sign that Baekhyun had been there. Chanyeol dropped his school bag off in his room when he was suddenly pushed against a wall. It was Baekhyun, except he had grey hair again.

“What the hell! Why did you bring those guys here?!” Baekhyun shouted at the taller boy. He was still dressed in the pajamas Chanyeol had lent him.

              Chanyeol shoved the other off of him, “What do you mean why did I bring them here? They were looking for you.”

“Do you think I would run away without reason?!”

“Hey, I’m not one to meddle in other people’s business, okay? They asked me where you were, so I brought them here.” Chanyeol crossed his arms, “Why, are you trying to not be found?”

“Exactly; if they find me, terrible things will happen to me. I was not supposed to run away, but I could not just stay there and continue to get attacked.” Baekhyun clenched his fists, “That is why I was beaten up when you found me, because of them.”

“Who are they?”

“They are part of the Vampire Counsel, Minseok is number one, and Luhan is his right hand man. Listen, whatever you do, you cannot call them.”

“Fine, I won’t call them. But you need to do some explaining if you’re going to stay here. That kid this morning, was that you?” Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat down on the bed.

“Kind of? I believe you are referring to my human side?”

“What the-“

“It is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Dr. Jekyll is my human side, and Mr. Hyde is my vampire side. My human side goes unconscious whenever I am in ‘vampire mode’ as you may put it.”

“But, last night you told me you were twenty one. The Baekhyun this morning said he was eighteen.”

“Human Baekhyun has been asleep for three years haha. Something about this human world must have awakened him.”

“Also, how did you get into my room?”

“I have my secrets,” Baekhyun winked. Chanyeol lightly punched his arm. “Fine, I snuck in through the window.”

“How? I live on the second story…”

“I’m a vampire, remember?”

“Okay, enough with this vampire stuff. I am going to shower then make us breakfast or something. You haven’t eaten yet have you?”

“No, I have not.” Baekhyun glared at the taller boy, crossing his arms.

“You’re not drinking my blood and that is final.” Chanyeol stated clearly before shutting the bathroom door. Baekhyun idly swung his legs over the edge of Chanyeol’s bed, just barely unable to touch the floor. Growing bored, Baekhyun explored the compartments of the small apartment. He casually went through Chanyeol's drawers stuffed with clothes and his closets. He sighed when there was no longer anything to entertain him. Baekhyun plopped himself down on the same uncomfortable couch he’d slept on for half the night before retreating to Chanyeol’s warm bed.

 

              There was a knock at the door. Baekhyun smelled a human scent behind the door, so he opened up the door. “Hello?”

“Hey, Chanyeol sorry ‘bout- wait, you’re not Chanyeol.” A boy with very tan skin said.

“No, I am not. Chanyeol-human is in the shower. Are you companions with him?”

“Well, I thought I was his best friend, Jongin, but he didn’t ever mention you…”

“Hello, Chanyeol-human’s friend; I am Baekhyun. Would you like to come inside?”

              Jongin nodded and sat on the couch awaiting Chanyeol to finish showering. “You know, you look like these strange people I saw this morning. Are you guys cosplayers or something?”

“Those two are bad, you should avoid them. Also, are you insulting my appearance?”

“Not insulting, just commenting since you dress and speak weird,” Jongin stated bluntly.

“How does one speak and dress properly?” Baekhyun cocked his head to the side.

“First of all, you don’t have to speak so formally. It can offend people if you do because they’ll think you aren’t close. And for clothes, my boyfriend looks about your size. I can ask him if he’s got anything you could wear,” Jongin smiled.

              Chanyeol exited the shower in a fresh change of clothes and a towel wrapped around his hair. He paused when he spotted the two in his living room. “Oh, Jongin. What’re you doing here?”

“Baekhyun let me in. I just wanted to tell you I’m sorry for suddenly taking off this morning. I have no idea why I did that, it was like I was hypnotized or somethin’” Jongin shrugged.

“That’s because you were. When our eyes turn purple, we’re trying to hypnotize you,” Baekhyun casually explained.

“We?” Jongin turned to Chanyeol.

“He is crazy, don’t mind him,” Chanyeol said quickly. “I was trying to tell you this morning that I found someone on the street. He must’ve hit his head on something because he keeps trying to tell me he’s a vampire, which is absolutely ridiculous.”

“But I am a vampire~” Baekhyun whined.

“Trust me, I love a fictional videogame or two every now and again, but I know that it’s called fiction for a reason, because it’s fake.”

“Dude, what if he actually is though. I gotta tell Kyungsoo, he’d love this.” Jongin took out his phone, but Chanyeol snatched it away.

“Absolutely not. We’re not telling anyone about this. I don’t want a news crew storming my house and trying to dissect him. Baekhyun, the last thing you need is to draw attention to yourself.”

“So you acknowledge my existence as a vampire?” Baekhyun sat up excitedly.

“No, I’m just saying you aren’t normal.” Chanyeol crushed the shorter boy’s hopes.

“So what’re you going to do with him?” Jongin asked.

“I honestly have no idea. Baekhyun, what are your plans?”

“Oooh, can I have him? Kyungsoo would love him.” Jongin pointed to Baekhyun.

“Something tells me your boyfriend wouldn’t be too thrilled at having another man in the house…”

“Too late, I already texted him.” Jongin grinned.

              The three made simple conversation while awaiting Kyungsoo’s arrival; Baekhyun insisted on his vampire origins, Chanyeol constantly tried to deny it with ‘logical’ explanations, and Jongin continuously egged them on. They continued this until the doorbell rang, signaling the other’s arrival.

              Through the door stepped the expected guest, in unexpected attire; Kyungsoo was dressed in a long robe with two crosses on it, a garlic necklace, a bible and a case of water in his hands, and a small hat placed atop his head. “Show me where the demon is,” he said intently glancing around the room until his eyes landed on Baekhyun.

“Oh shi-“

“BE GONE, DEMON,” Kyungsoo shouted at the top of his lungs, handing Jongin the bible and encouraging him to read the highlighted passages. “THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU. THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU,” he repeated multiple times while splashing water droplets on Baekhyun.

“Wait, Kyungsoo, he’s not a demon, just a vampire.” Jongin tried to stop the older from his chanting.

“Jonginnie, vampires are demons, they take over humans. We need to save this poor boy by exercising the demon out of him. THE POWER OF CHRIST-“

“Stop it, Kyungsoo. Look, it’s not working.” Chanyeol had grabbed the older boy’s arm and gestured to a very pissed looking Baekhyun, who was now drenched in water. “He must not be a demon, he might not even be a vampire.”

“But I am a vampire! How many times do I have to say it for you to believe me?” Baekhyun whined.

“Quiet, you; this is what I meant about drawing attention to yourself. You can’t just go telling everyone you’re a vampire,” Chanyeol exhaled.

“Kyungsoo, when did you become an exorcist?” Jongin asked his boyfriend.

 “Oh, I’m not. I’ve watched enough movies though and I go to church every Sunday, so I figured it’d work out. Maybe I should call Pastor Choi Siwon?” Kyungsoo pondered for a moment.

“No, you’re not calling anyone. Let’s just keep calm and figure something out,” Chanyeol reasoned. “Baekhyun, did you perhaps make any plans for what you wanted to do here?”

“No, I just kind of ran away without thinking about the future. I did consider finding employment to pay a ‘rent’ for an apartment or something. Though, I am not sure what type of work my abilities would be most useful in.”

“For now he should just stay with you, Chanyeol, at least until I can hire someone to properly exorcise his demons,” Kyungsoo mumbled the latter part.

“He can’t stay here, he wants to drink my blood!”

“In exchange for a ual favor! It doesn’t even have to be your blood, I just need something to tide me over.”

“You can drink my blood,” Jongin offered.

“Absolutely not. No way in hell. And he’s not drinking my blood, either. Can’t you just deal with him for a few days until we find somewhere else for him to stay?” Kyungsoo didn’t want the blood er anywhere near his boyfriend.

“Fine, he can stay here; but you guys can’t tell anyone, got it?” Chanyeol opened the door for the couple to exit. “Not even weird people that look like him.”

“Especially not them. By the way, you guys smell like me, so you should shower when you return to your living quarters.”

              The two bid their goodbyes and headed home. Chanyeol rubbed his temples before heading to his room to study, Baekhyun silently following him. “You know…”

“What?”

“They aren’t innocent.”

“Ew.” Chanyeol covered his ears, “How do you even know that?!”

“I can smell it.” Baekhyun stated matter-of-factly.

“But how?”

“Humans give off a certain pheromone if they aren’t innocent. You don’t have that pheromone smell, so I assume you are innocent,” Baekhyun smiled. “Why does it bother you so much?”

“Because it’s weird, please don’t tell me things like that. I don’t know if you have ‘privacy’ in your society, but there are certain things I don’t need to know about my best friend, alright?”

“But I just wanted to show you that homoual relationships do exist and they aren’t weird, so you don’t have to be uncomfortable with me.”

“I’m going to take a nap,” Chanyeol threw himself down on his bed.

“May I cuddle with you?”

“Get out of my room please.”

“Fine~ no reason to be rude, you know?” Baekhyun pouted as he exited, shutting the door tightly to emphasize his mood.