Bite Me (Literally)

Crack Stories

              Lights were bright in this big city, they glowed more fluorescently when the sun retired behind the horizon. Normally on weekends, the streets were overcrowded with thousands of chatty people until ungodly hours of the morning. But it wasn’t the weekend yet; today was Tuesday. The streets were always completely empty on Tuesdays because most citizens had day jobs to attend and business meetings in the morning. Today was just another Tuesday night that Park Chanyeol spent walking home from his part time job at the local bar. The flickering yellowish street lights used to make his conscience unsettled, but now he learned to enjoy the serenity of this seemingly post-apocalyptic world.

              Chanyeol spotted a hobbling shadow coming towards him. It’s probably just another hobo, I’d better avoid him. He was about to cross the street to the other sidewalk, but out of his periphery, he saw the figure collapse. Out of sympathy, Chanyeol cautiously approached the figure, which turned out to be a badly bruised young boy no older than himself. He glanced around wearily before bending over to shake the figure.

“Hello? Are you okay?” Chanyeol whispered quietly, hoping to not break the stillness of the night.

As he tried shaking the boy again, he felt a wet, sticky substance from under the stranger’s leather jacket. Blood. Silently panicking, Chanyeol scooped him into his arms and rushed the rest of the way home. He had slight difficulty opening the apartment door with a body balanced in his arms before gingerly placing the boy’s body on his bed.

“Um, hello.” Chanyeol spoke awkwardly into the phone. “I was wondering if the emergency room is open at this time.”

“Unfortunately we don’t have any doctors working right now, so unless the situation is dire, we can’t provide service.” An older woman replied on the other side of the line.

“Well, I found someone beat up on the street and they’re bleeding, but I don’t know if the situation is dire…”

“Are they breathing?”

“I think he is… let me check…” Chanyeol started to approach the stranger lying in his bed.

“If he stops breathing call this number again and we’ll send an ambulance. Good night for now, sir.”

              Chanyeol was about to ask in the case he does stop breathing,should he try CPR, but she hung up before he could speak. 'Try' being the key word since he’d only seen the method on TV, never actually practicing it in real life. He heard the stranger stirring and now that he finally saw the boy in proper lighting, Chanyeol discovered he wasn’t bad looking by any means. His skin was flawlessly white and the bangs trimmed right above his eyelids were dyed grey, with a lighter shade of the color accenting the darker parts.

             

The boy suddenly unveiled a pair of brilliant yellow eyes, the deep color that could only be achieved with colored contacts. Chanyeol stumbled backwards when the stranger suddenly sat up.

“H-h-hi. Uh, I know this probably seems really weird, but you passed out on the-“

“Who were you talking to just now?” His voice was very clear and bold, which contrasted the soft appearance he had.

“What?” Chanyeol blinked, “I called the hospital to see-“

“Are they coming here?”

“No, they don’t have any doctors-“

“Good.”

“Would you let me finish my sentences?” Chanyeol sighed in frustration. The stranger stared at him with indifference. “W-would you like some water or something?” The boy continued watching him as he traveled to the kitchen. “Do you want water?” Chanyeol repeated.

“Are you done speaking?"

"I was just asking you a question…” There is no reason to be so sassy, geez.

“Then yes, I would like a glass of the water liquid.”

              Chanyeol rolled his eyes and poured two glasses. “So, could you tell me your name or something? Maybe how you got beat up?” When handing one of the drinks to the boy, he noticed he still had blood on his hand, which the stranger was staring at intently. “Oh, I forgot to wash that off. I think you’re bleeding on your chest.”

“My name is Baekhyun,” he said, while removing his jacket. His undershirt was originally a plain white tee with a simple design but now it was covered in blood. Baekhyun removed his shirt as well.

“Wow, that looks painful. Let me grab a wrap and some painkillers.” Chanyeol stood up but he felt his wrist being grabbed.

“It will be fine. It doesn’t hurt anymore.” Baekhyun’s golden eyes flashed brightly. Chanyeol mentally cringed at the fact that the boy had grabbed him with a hand that had dried blood on it. “Let me use your shower facility.”

“Are you sure you don’t need to go to the hospital, it looks like you bled a lot.” Chanyeol stated with worried eyes. He couldn’t get over how unrealistic the boy looked.

“Shower facility. Now.” Baekhyun restated, his eyes fading into a darker, more purplish color.

“What the hell?!” Chanyeol shook his grip away. “How did you do that?!”

“I will explain myself after I’ve cleansed my body. Now I will repeat, for the third time mind you, may I use your shower facility?”

“Yeah, as long as you stop calling it a ‘shower facility’. It sounds weird when you say it like that.” Chanyeol complained to the boy’s demand and started a shower for him, configuring it to a temperature that seemed bearable for the other’s skin.

              Chanyeol patiently, and quite awkwardly, waited for Baekhyun to finish showering. He was still startled because he’d never seen someone with color changing contacts. They must be super expensive to be able to go from such a bright gold to a deep lavender like that.

             

              After an extensive thirty minutes, Baekhyun reappeared in the living room where Chanyeol was idly playing with his smart phone. “Human, I require clothes.” Baekhyun had wrapped a purple towel around his abdomen.

“Chanyeol.” Rather than continuing to question the boy’s odd diction, he put his phone away and searched for something that looked like it might fit the smaller boy. All he could find was a set of clothes his friend Kyungsoo had left at his apartment. Chanyeol handed Baekhyun his findings, completely not expecting him to immediately drop the towel. Chanyeol instantaneously turned around and waited for the other to finish dressing.

“So, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol started when he received the all-clear from the smaller boy.

“So, human.”

“Why do you call me ‘human’?”

“Because you are a human; you have a human scent.”

“You keep getting weirder and weirder every time you open your mouth. Are you like an alien or a cosplayer or something?” Chanyeol laughed.

“No, I am a vampire.” Baekhyun confidently held his head up.

“Oh, a vampire. I see it now.” Chanyeol sarcastically nodded his head, “And I’m actually werewolf, but don’t tell anyone. Geurae wolf, naega wolf,” he teased.

“You do not believe me? Silly human, you always assume all of your fairytales are not true. Yes, I am a vampire,” He lifted his lip slightly so Chanyeol could get a better view of his fangs. “See?”

“Wow, I’ve never seen such realistic stick-on’s.” The taller boy playful wiggled the tooth, “It’s on their pretty tight. What type of glue did you use?”

“THIS IS NOT GLUE, INSOLENT HUMAN!” Baekhyun smacked his hands away, “They are my real fangs. I drink blood with them, because I am a vampire and vampires drink blood.”

“Circular reasoning much?” Chanyeol laughed, “Anyway, how is the wound on your chest?”

“It should be healed by tomorrow. But for now I request to rest here, just for the night. In return, I will not eat you, even though you have been very rude to me.”

“By tomorrow? I don’t think so, you must’ve been hurt to have bled that badly. Let me see it.”

             

Baekhyun released a reluctant sigh before removing his shirt. There was a large slash on his right rib cage but it didn’t appear to be bleeding anymore. “Vampires heal at a faster rate than humans do. My body is weak because I need to drink soon.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he grabbed medical wrap to cover the wound. “Would you stop with this whole vampire stuff, you’re starting to freak me out.”

              Baekhyun leaned in and sniffed the taller boy’s neck. “What the heck are you doing?” Chanyeol pushed the boy away.

“I just noticed, you smell innocent.”

“Innocent?”

“You’re a , aren’t you?”

“What the hell-“

“Do not deny it, human,” Baekhyun grinned, “I can smell it. Just like I can smell the hamburger on your breath from lunch time.”

“Okay, now you’re really freaking me out. What the hell are you?” Chanyeol backed away.

“We have discussed this, human; I am a vampire. I am extremely pale and I drink blood.”

“How old are you? Do your parents know you’re out at three in the morning pestering random strangers?”

“For your information, I am twenty one on the human aging scale!” Baekhyun huffed.

              Chanyeol rubbed his temples, “Okay, I don’t care what you are or how old you are. You can sleep here tonight, I guess, but you have to promise not to do anything weird to me while I’m sleeping. That includes biting and- actually just don’t touch me and we won’t have a problem, got it?”

              Baekhyun opened his mouth to object, but he could see the seriousness in the taller boy’s eyes. “But I have a proposition for you!~” He squirmed in his seat like a ten year old girl.

“What?”

“If you let me drink some of your blood, I’ll have with you.”

              Chanyeol did of spit-take of the water he’d been drinking. “Excuse me? I don’t believe I heard you properly. I just heard something very ridiculous. Please repeat what you said.”

“I will not drink a lot, I just need a bit to keep my stamina up. Plus I heard that a lot of humans are embarrassed about that topic, so let me help you. It is a win-win situation, really.” Baekhyun’s eyes had melted from their golden yellow into a soft purple.

“Where the heck did you even think of a proposition like that?!”

“A lot of vampires offer this to humans. They do not exactly teach it in school, but we have learned that humans have very animalistic desires when it comes to reproducing. So usually a vampire will propose this option to a human. BUT most of the time they just their blood and leave without a trace.”

“Why would you even tell me all of this?”

“Well, I just wanted to let you that I am not the type to break promises,” Baekhyun smiled, “So do we have a deal?” He held out his pinky.

“Of course not!”

“What? Why not~?” the shorter boy whined.

 I don’t want you drinking my blood or getting intimate with me. I barely know you for Christ’s sake!”

“You know my name is Baekhyun, I am twenty one years old, and that I am a vampire. How much more do you need to know about me?”

“That isn’t the point,” Chanyeol face-palmed, “Besides, we’re both guys. That’s weird…”

“Not really, I have observed many homoual relationships in my short time here.”

“Baekhyun. Listen, I am going to go to bed. Please do not touch me while I am sleeping or I will buy garlic or a silver spear or whatever. Feel free to sleep on the couch, but don’t do anything weird, got it?”

“Fine, human-“

“Chanyeol.”

“Fine, Chanyeol-human, I will allow you to rest. Please consider my proposition properly while you dream.” Baekhyun smiled, his cheeks slightly pinking.

 

              Shaking off the strange occurrence, Chanyeol readied himself for bed by changing and brushing his teeth. He also locked his bedroom door, for extra precaution. He had no clue why he was still allowing the stranger in his house, but it was just for the night and he didn’t seem like he could cause much harm. Chanyeol felt his eyelids grow heavy and everything faded into blackness.

 

              Chanyeol wasn’t an early riser, but he had a college class at 7 in the morning on Wednesdays, meaning he had to wake up at 6:15am to get ready and arrive on time. He sighed loudly when the alarm disturbed a blissful silence. I regret taking a class so early in the morning, especially since I work until late every night. He groaned as the alarm clock continued to beep obnoxiously, screaming at Chanyeol to wake up. As he shifted his weight, he felt something warm weighing him down. There was a tuff of light brown hair nuzzled into the crook of his neck. What the heck?

              Suddenly the tuff stirred and a boy looked up at him with pale blue eyes. Both of the bodies yelped and threw themselves in the opposite direction of the other.

“W-w-who are you and what are you doing in my house and why are you in my bed? I am going to call the police if you don’t start talking.” Chanyeol held up his shoe, as if it would defend him.

“I-I-I am very sorry. I don’t know why I am here, everything has been foggy for a while. But, I remember sleeping in my own bed last night…” The boy spoke in a soft voice, barely audible sine the window was open and cars were already zooming by.

“What is your name, kid? And how old are you?”

“My name is Byun Baekhyun and I’m 18 years old. And you?”

“Park Chanyeol- wait Baekhyun?” Chanyeol ran over to the bedroom door and noticed it was still locked. What the hell is going on right now? He unlocked it and checked the living room for the other Baekhyun. But he was nowhere to be found. “What the heck? How did you dye your hair over night? And how did you get into my room when I locked the door?”

“I don’t know, I’m sorry. I went to bed early last night, but I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a man in my room… I don’t remember much after that.” Chanyeol noticed this Baekhyun’s eyes were changing from light blue to a darker brown.

              He scratched his head while staring at the shorter boy in front of him. He appeared to look exactly like the Baekhyun he met last night, but his personality and hair color were different. Were they even the same person? They had to be though, the two look exactly the same. “This is going to seem really weird, but lift up your shirt a little.”

“W-w-why?”

“Just do it…”

“O-okay…” Baekhyun complied and reviled the same medical wrap around his chest.

              Chanyeol shook his head and glanced at the clock. Oh crap, I’m going to be late if I don’t leave now.

“I gotta go to class. Uh, stay here, but don’t touch anything. You’re welcome to the pantry just don’t make a mess, okay bye.” Chanyeol grabbed his school bag and dashed off in his pajamas.