He Doesn't Know

My Dumb Love

I walked down the halls, making my way towards lunch while I tightly hugged my books in my arms.

“Hyoyeon, are you okay?” Sooyoung spoke which shocked me a bit. I forgot that she was walking with me the whole time.

My head turned to her and made a sad frustrated face, it was probably the most ugliest face she’s ever seen. Along with the completely necessary face, came a moan that was caused by my stupid actions.

“So I’m guessing ‘he’ is your crush, the one’s name you called out in class a few minutes ago?” She asked me and my instant reply was an ashamed head nod.

“I completely just embarrassed myself in front of him. I might as well have just yelled out that I love him and handed him a dozen roses, seriously, a bullhorn would’ve been less sudden than what I just did in class.” I slapped my forehead with my hand.

Sooyoung giggled. “Don’t worry Hyoyeon, it didn’t seem like he thought much about it. It looked like he just shrugged it off, you’re fine.”

“No I’m not!” I said as I dragged my face down with my palms. “That was so embarrassing, even if he didn’t find out that I like him, I still acted like an idiot in front of him. Plus, he probably knows everything now.” A deep sigh escaped my lungs as Sooyoung and I sat down at a table in the cafeteria.

We both took out our packed lunches, I shoved my food in my mouth and chewed in an angry manner. Sooyoung started looking around the cafeteria and started asking questions along with her glances. Things like who that person was, or how to get to a certain place in the shool.

As I was in the middle of explaining one of Sooyoung’s questions to her, somebody had pulled out a chair in front of us, sat down, crossed his hands, and looked at us amusingly.

“Hey Hyo. Hey new girl.” Luhan, the guy in front of us, greeted in a giddy tone. Sooyoung smiled and waved to him, but I wasn’t as excited.

“What do you want?” I asked him in a monotone voice.

I’ve known Luhan for a few years and I’ve known him long enough conclude that he’s very obnoxious. He was still very nice and we we’re actually pretty good friends. I tried to get even closer to him when feelings for Kai started to develop, considering that he’s been his best friend since 2nd grade.

“So what was that all about, during class?” Luhan smiled his stupid smile which tempted me to slap him.

I rolled my eyes. “No point in trying to hide it since you probably already figured it out but….” I reached for his arm and dug my nails into his skin. “You have to promise me that you’re not going to tell anybody.”

“OW! Hyoyeon! If you keep your nails inside my arm, I might tell everyone.” He said in pain.

I quickly let go and took a deep breath. “I’m sorry. Just promise me that you won’t tell anyone.”

“Well thanks to your senseless actions, our whole class already knows.” Luhan said as he rubbed his arm. “Well… except Kai.”

My eyes got wide. “What do you mean?”

He laughed. “He may be smart enough to get the best grades in school, but when it comes to real life situations, he’s about as stupid as you.”

I gave him a death glare. “Hey! I’m actually very smart! I’m one of the top students here in school!”

“But you’re dumb when it comes to actions, you and Kai would make a good couple. You can make thoughtless and stupid decisions together.” He stuck his tongue out and ran away before I could tackle him to the ground.

“Who was that?” Sooyoung suddenly asked, which who I forgot about again.

“That was Luhan, Kai’s best friend.”

“Are you guys close?”

I scoffed. “Him and I are much closer than I am with Kai. Now he knows that I like Kai, and he’s probably going to hold it against me.”

Sooyoung frowned but suddenly replaced it with a smile. “But didn’t you hear what he said? Kai still doesn’t know, that’s all that matters right?”

I half smiled. “I guess. At least he doesn’t think I’m completely psycho.” She once again giggled at my stupidity.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Yes Kai is very slow in this story but he's still cute, smart, and down to earth. Hyoyeon however.... is just not smart when it comes to decisions but she's smart with most things in life. I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Remember to subscribe and comment your thoughts. :)