Flower

Flower

30 days passed,Wonshik remains silence. He went to work but he changed. He become quiet and do his own work. He doesn’t care the others. Hongbin feels bad so he keep sending flowers to him. But the flower end up in trash can. Ken don’t have courage to say to Hongbin.

“Wonshik.”

“What you want Hyuk.”

“Please don’t be like this. Hongbin have reason.”

“REASON?! JUST BECAUSE I CAN’T REMEMBER OUR OLD MEMORIES HE REJECT ME. THAT IS HIS REASON?!”

Wonshik yells. All the customer turn to look Wonshik and Hyuk.

“I guess that I went to a wrong time”  Hongbin says.

All of them turning towards the door. Hongbin stands awkwardly with a flower. He smiles weakly and leave the shop. Ken bows to the customer and Leo take Wonshik to a room.

Thunder run to catch up his brother.

Hyuk sighs.

“that’s not his reason Wonshik”

 

..................................

 

Thunder entered the flower shop. He found Hongbin sitting looking at the flowers.

“hyung,”

Hongbin turns and smile brightly when he see Thunder.

“Thunder! Look,this is the new flowers. It really beautiful isn’t”

 Thunder took a sit beside Honbin.

“are you okay?”

Hongbin nods.

“i’m more than okay. Now he hate me,that’s better. He doesn’t remember too. This will go as perfect as i plan!”

Hongbin smiles. Thunder smiles weakly and hug his brother.

“Please hold on. Don’t leave too soon.”

Hongbin didn’t say anything and hug his brother warmly.

 

......................

 

D-10

Wonshik still don’t want to talk to Hongbin. Hongbin give up. Ken sigh frustrated because both of them. Wonshik doing his things at the back of counter. He doesn’t care all of them.

“We will start stay with Hongbin. One person One day? Okay?”

“Sure! We will start with Hyuk and end it perfectly with Wonshik.”

Hyuk sighs “Do you think he want?”

They look a Wonshik. Wonshik drinking his coffee. He doesn’t know that Hongbin care about him a lot. They only sighs deeply thinking about Wonshik.

Thunder look at the flower shop. He saw Hongbin looking at Wonshik sadly. He felt sad too.

“Be strong my hyung”

 

........................

 

D-7

 

Hyuk laying at the living room with Hongbin. They watched the television together.

“Hyuk,if hyung leave-“

“Don’t say like that. I don’t want to hear.”

Hongbin smiles. He patted Hyuk’s head.

“Hyung,teach me about flowers!”

“Are you sure you want to learn? You will sleeping”

“It’s okay.”

“Okay,sure. Hmm. Bauhunia flower symbolizes harmony. Well if you get a fight with someone,send this flower to them! Calendula flower symbolizes grief,despair and sorrow. Cattail flower is peace and prosperity. Hyuk are you sleeping?”

“Hyuk,if hyung leaves. Please take care of yourself. Take care of Ken. And mostly my brother. Take care and please become a great doctor in the future! I will look at you from above. You’re more matured then your brother. Hyuk,even if i’m not here please nags them if they playing with their food. Today will be the last night and thank you for being my little brother. I love you,Hyuk.”

Hongbin kiss Hyuk’s head and went to sleep beside him. After Hyuk knows Hongbin already sleep,he let out his tears. He crying silently.

“H-Hongbin hyung,i will”

 

......................

 

D-6

 

Leo eat the food that Hongbin cooks. Hongbin rolls his eyes.

“Please eat slowly,Leo.”

leo only smiles. After they finish eating,Leo sing to Hongbin. Hongbin laughs.

Leo sit beside Hongbin.

“Leo,promise me you will not let N go?”

“I will not let him go,Hongbin. Trust me”

“Arghhh. It’s sad that i’m not going to watch you get marry.”

Leo look at Hongbin sadly.

“I’m fine. I am”

“As the days go by,you guys will be alright. Just make N happy for me,Leo. He’s my bestfriend. I wish you guys happiness.”

Leo hug Hongbin.

“Thanks Hongbin,you should rest. You look so tired.”

“I am tired. I’ll sleep.”

“Hongbin,goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

 

......................

 

D-5

 

Ken holding hands with Hongbin. Ken looks so happy. They went to an amusement park. They play simple games because Hongbin becomes more weaker and he don’t have strengh to play the extreme games such as roller coaster.

“Hongbin,let’s eat cotton candy! Let’s sit there.”

They sat at a bench. There’s pretty flowers in front of them. Hongbin smiles. Ken keep talking. He tell Hongbin how’s his day and he want to buy present for Thunder.

“Christmas rose.”

Ken look at Hongbin. “What did you say,Hongbin?”

“That flower is a Christmas rose.”

Ken nods. He continue his story. Hongbin chuckles.

“Ken,let’s go back home? I’m tired.”

Ken nods agreely. He face his back.

“What is it Ken.”

“I want to piggyback Hongbin!”

“I’m heavy Ken and I can walk.”

“No,let me.”

“Fine.”

 Ken piggyback Hongbin to his car.

“Hongbin,you’re not heavy! Last time you’re so heavy that I almost break my bones.”

“Yha!”

Ken laughs.

After a few minutes they arrive to the house. Ken lay Hongbin on his bed. He sit beside Hongbin.

“Ken?”

“Yes Hongbin.”

“Thanks for today. Please make my Thunder happy.”

Hongbin opens his eyes and he laughs when he saw Ken with tears. He get up and hug Ken.

“Yha kid why are you crying?”

“H-Hongbin,please d-don’t leave m-me”

Hongbin tighten his grip. His tears formed.

“I’m sorry Ken,but i can’t stay. You know it’s time for me to leave.”

Ken sobs in Hongbin’s hug. Hongbin smiles and hug him tightly.

“Be strong when i’m not here. This is not the end for you guys. I will be looking you guys. Make my brother happy or I will not forgive you. Don’t grow older because I like your childish type eventhough it’s annoying. Take care Wonshik for me.”

Ken cry harder.

 

......................

 

D-4

 

“Hongbin! Look your really different when we still children!”

“You look so different too! Look at Thunder.”

N and Hongbin laughs. It’s N turn and Hongbin can’t walk anymore. If he walk he will got more tired.

“Do you need anything else,Hongbin?”

“Just stay here. It will be better”

N close the photo album and lay beside Hongbin. He hug Hongbin. By hugging Hongbin he already have tears. He hold it back. He knew that it will be the last time he hug his bestfriend.

“Hongbin,are you really leave us?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Why this is so cruel?”

“It’s my destiny. My destiny that i got this illness. It’s too late for me to cure.”

“That’s the reason you don’t want to be with Wonshik?”

“That’s the reason. I don’t want him to get hurt. Now,he hate me. He don’t remember me at all. It’s better. Until I leave don’t tell him all about me. It’s better for him to not know that I leave already.”

N silence.

“N,take care of them very well. I worry about my brother. Please take care of him,will you.”

“I will”

N let out his tears. Hongbin only smiles and he sings Hongbin’s favourite song.

 

.........................

 

D-3

 

“Ken,you tried call Wonshik?”

“Already. He doesn’t pick up!”

“What is he thinking?The day already near and he went to a vacation?!”

Thunder angry. Angry to Wonshik. It’s the last time he meet Hongbin and he give a chance to Wonshik. But Wonshik doesn’t pick up the phone. All of them give up.

Thunder left the coffee shop and run to his home. He arrive to his house. He took a deep breath and entered Hongbin’s room.

“Hyung?”

“Oh Thunder.”

By the sight of Hongbin,Thunder heart aches. His hyung became thinner. There’s no more chubby cheeks. He sit beside Hongbin. He hold Hongbin’s hand tightly.

“I’m here.”

The time passes quickly and it’s already night. Thunder having trouble to get Hongbin eat because Hongbin will puke.

It’s time to sleep Thunder snuggles to Hongbin.

“Hyung,I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Thunder,I will follow our parents. Please be a good boy here and Hyung will wait you at there.”

“Thunder,this is not the end. Don’t cry over me. Smile. Hyung want you to smile. Because your smile is beautiful. And Hyung want two things.”

“What is it?” Thunder choked with tears.

“I want to leave with flowers. Second,give this letter to Wonshik. Tell him I love him so much.”

Thunder nods. When Hongbin hug him tightly,Thunder can’t hold his tears. He crying really hard.

“H-hyung,don’t leave me. Don’t leave us. Hyung. I’m sorry for everything,don’t leave me.”

Thunder said between his tears.

Hongbin smiles weakly and kiss Thunder’s forehead.Thunder keep crying.

“Shh. Don’t cry.”

 

................

 

D-2

 

           Wonshik at Japan. He enjoyed his vacation. He purposely turn off his phone. He don’t want someone to ruined his vacation. He want to calm his mind. After the rejection,he lost in his own world. He always crying every night. How he hurt because of Hongbin.

He take a walk at a park. He feels calm. Too many beautiful flowers. The flowers remind him of Hongbin. He smiles weakly.

He admit that he miss Hongbin a lot.

He mad at Hongbin.

He still loves Hongbin.

He decided to stay at Japan longer. He also already left a letter on Leo’s table. Everything’s perfect.

“I would like to have hot chocolate.”

He said.

The worker give him the hot chocolate. But Wonshik loose his grip and the hot chocolate fell. Wonshik shocked.

The worker apologies and give him a new drinks.

Wonshik swear he hold the hot chocolate safely. How come it falls. Wonshik become worry. He hope everything’s alright at Korea.

 

........................

 

2 WEEKS LATER

 

Wonshik arrive at Korea. He wait for hyuk and Ken to pick him up at airport. He felt lively and calm after the 2 weeks vacation.

At far he saw two guys walking towards him.

“Ken,hyuk! I miss you guys!”

ken hugs him tightly. Hyuk smiles. He help to bring Wonshik’s bags. Wonshik chat happily.

Out of a blue,two kids running towards him. Wonshik don’t see the kids and he fell to the road. There’s a car coming towards him.

“HYUNG!!!!”

 

Wonshik see the car that flash with the lights. He remembers.

He remember during the accident it was a rainy days and he walk back to his home,but someone bump him and he fell to the road. And the car hit him.

Wonshik remember the day he broke up with Hongbin.

He remembers his memories.

He remember who is Lee Hongbin.

The car stop with a loud screech. The person that drives come out from the car and check on him. Wonshik daze. He get his memories back.

“Wonshik,are you okay?” Ken said. Hyuk check on Wonshik. Wonshik’s okay.

Wonshik look at Ken.

“I remember him! I remember Lee Hongbin! Bring him to me,Ken!”

Ken look at Hyuk. Hyuk nods weakly.

“Let’s visit Hongbin.”

 

..............

 

ken drive to the cemetry. Wonshik look at him. Hyuk look at Wonshik.

“You sure you don’t want to go to hospital first hyung?”

“No,let me meet Hongbin and Ken what are we doing here?”

Ken turns to see Wonshik,he smiles weakly.

“To meet Hongbin of course.”

Wonshik follows Ken with blank face. After a few minutes walking he saw Leo,N and Thunder. Kenwalk and stand beside Thunder.

There’s a bucket of different flowers beside them.

“guys?”

Thunder look at the tomb

“Hongbin hyung,Wonshik came to visit you.”

Wonshik look at Thunder. All of them made way to Wonshik. Wonshik walk towards the tomb.

“No.”

“No,this isn’t real.”

“GUYS WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS.”

“NO NO NO NO HE’S NOT DEATH.”

“GUYS TELL ME THIS IS NOT HIM. GUYS!”

Wonshik standing with his tears keep streaming. He look at his friends. His friends gave him apologetic looks.

Wonshik fell on his knees.

“NO LEE HONGBIN,THIS IS NOT YOU. LEE HONGBIN SHOW YOUR FACE!”

There’s silence. Wonshik hug the tomb. He crying really hard.

“HONGBIN,I’M HERE KIM WONSHIK IS HERE. I REMEMBER YOU. COME BACK. COME BACK TO ME. HONGBIN,I’M SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU. I’M SORRY I’M ACTING LIKE A FOOL. LEE HONGBIN, LEE HONGBIN!” Wonshik yells.

Ken try to separate Wonshik,

“No,no,no, NO!!! HONGBIN-AHHHHH”

Thunder hug Wonshik,calming him down. They take Wonshik away.

Wonshik sit beside the car with tears keep streaming. Thunder sit beside him.

“Here’s Hongbin hyung gave you this. I’m sorry for not telling you. We decided to take each turn to spend time with him. He got a very serious illness. On the day your turn,we try to call you. But we can’t reach you.I’m sorry. Hongbin hyung have a message to you, he said the he love you a lot.I’m going to help them to change the flowers. That’s what Hongbin hyung want. If you ready and you want to come help,we’re there.”

Thunder leaves Eonshik alone with the letter.

Wonshik wipe his tears. He stop crying and he look at the letter. He open the letter. He smiles.

Kim Wonshik,hello!

It’s me,Lee Hongbin

My ravi,this maybe the last letter i give to you,by this time i don’t know if you already remember me or not. I would like to say thanks for being part of my life. I know you hate me. I hate you too! Joking,i love you so much.

I still remember our memories eventhough i’m dying. You know you will always be the happiest moment to me. I’m sorry to make you cry. I didn’t mean it. It’s the best because I don’t want you to get hurt after i’m leaving this world.

Wonshik-ahh,eventhough i’m not here,try to live in this world happily. I will still love you eventhough you don’t love me anymore.

Wonshiik-ahh,all the mean words i’m saying are lies. I love you a lot,I care about you and I can’t live without you. Live a happy life,okay?

I Lee Hongbin will always love you. I love you Kim Wonshik. I love you Kim Wonshik.

If you look at the flowers,you can see me. I’m sorry i can’t be with you.

Just know one thing.

I love you so much,Kim Wonshik.

Wonshik feels the tears streaming. He hug the letters. He crying really hard.

“I love you Lee Hongbin. And I really do love you”

 

........................

 

“You should put the flowers at there! Not here”

“Thunder-ahh,put the flowers to the back there.”

“Leo baby,please that flower belongs there!”

N frustrated when he look at his younger brothers doing the work clumsily.

“Why can’t you guys have a good sense! KEN I SAID THE FLOWERS IS BELONG THERE!”

 

“HYUNG IF YOU HELPING US IT WILL BE BETTER. STOP COMMAND US.” Hyuk glare.

 

All of them helping to make Hongbin’s tomb prettily. They full the space with beautiful flowers.The way Hongbin wants. Thunder only chuckles when he saw the brother’s fighting. He saw Wonshik walking towards them holding a bouquet of iris flowers. Thunder smiles to him.

Wonshik help them organize the flowers. All of them finish organize it. It’s so beautiful. Seems like Hongbin lay on the top of flowers.

Wonshik put the iris flowers on top of the tomb.

“By this flower,Lee Hongbin i have faith on our love. I will promise to love you forever. I love you,Lee Hongbin.”

All of them hug each other. Wonshik smiles. Hongbin’s letter still in his pocket. He’s going to treasure the letter.

They felt the breeze.

“He’s here.” Hyuk says.

All of us smiles and look at the sky.

“You will always watching us right?”

 

    The End