Do you like her?

A Coffee Shop Novel
Please log in to read the full chapter

04.

 

The cafe's doorbell chimed as Mark stepped through the door. Momo Cot had a few customers relaxing this afternoon but his eyes still searched for the person he was looking for.

 

"Hey Kiloua!" He called as he spotted her cleaning one of the tables.

 

She turned around and flashed him a smile. "Hey, I'll be ready in a second."

 

A month had passed since Kiloua's training started and though it was filled with endless hours of training, Kiloua enjoyed it because she was taught by Sunchai and the GOT7 boys. The boys had also notified her that they had all been chosen to debut together under the name GOT7. Now she was currently finishing her shift at the cafe when Mark stepped inside.

 

"You came really early today." She said picking up her bag.

 

"Yeah, Sunchai said she had a longer choreography she wants you to learn from us." He explained. Like the gentlemen he was, Mark pushed open the door and waited for Kiloua to step out of the cafe first.

 

"Thank you." She replied.

 

Kiloua had gotten closer to all of the members including Jinyoung and Mark. Especially Mark since he also spoke English and would walk with her from work to the academy, Jackson would occasionally tag along.

 

“So what’s it like working at the café?” Mark asked.

 

“You’ve asked me that before silly.”

 

“Ah right, sorry.” His cheeks turned a shade of pink as he looked to the ground.

 

“It’s ok. Like I said before, it’s nice. The staff are really laid-back but…the pay is decent.”

 

“Decent? You know if you’re looking for a better job, why not be an English tutor at JYP?” He suggested. Doing something other than retail must be better, he would have thought.  

 

But when Kiloua shook her head, it seemed to not be the case. “Nah, I’m quite comfortable there. I shouldn’t really complain. I thought they were going to say no because I’m a foreigner but they gave me a chance.”

 

She really did enjoy her time working at the café so far. Kiloua thought she would dread coming back to working in a café again, she had a bad experience working in Starbucks back in Australia but here it was different and somewhat refreshing. None of the customers gave her weird looks or had troublesome orders. The location was nice and had a lovely view of the Gangnam district.

 

 

 

As they made their way to the dance academy, they noticed Sunchai and Junior were waiting outside by a van. Sunchai looked at Junior in surprise who just shrugged back at her and waved to Kiloua and Mark. Kiloua could only wonder why Junior’s expression was like that.

 

“Oh? Did you not work this morning?” She asked in surprise.

 

“Yeah, it’s just that Mark has been walking me here from the café sometimes.” Kiloua told her. “Why aren’t we inside?”

 

“Turns out there’s an exam in the studio so we’re going to use one of the free studios in JYP.” Sunchai explained.

 

Kiloua gasped in excitement making Junior laugh. “Are you excited?”

 

“A little.” Kiloua replied with a smile. She had to admit that she was fond of idols but she never expressed herself as other K-Pop fans openly would.

 

“So, are you a K-Pop fan?” Mark asked hesitantly.

 

“I am but don’t worry, I’m not a sasaeng.”

 

“So, who’s your favourite?” Junior asked curiously as they all got into the van.

 

“I really JYP artists the most to be honest.” Both of the boys’ faces brightened at her answer. “Although, 2PM and Big Bang are my favourites.”

 

They continued talking about favourite groups both in the K-Pop industry and outside until they reached JYP. As they approached the dance studio, Sunchai turned the door and sighed in annoyance before turning it again. “Locked.” She confirmed to the others. “Can one of

Please log in to read the full chapter