By the River

A Coffee Shop Novel
Please log in to read the full chapter

05.

 

Mark froze when Kiloua had said that to him. He really wasn't expecting those words to come from her that day. He laid in bed thinking about what he should have said that and what he should have done.

 

"I-I don't know." When he lied straight to her face, she just nodded her head and Mark figured Kiloua just accepted his answer when she left with a smile.

 

He felt so stupid. Yes, Mark was a shy person but when it came to girls he was never this bad. Especially since he had known Kiloua for the past two months. Now after knowing he liked her, he felt his chance was smashed and broken into pieces. He was envious of Junior despite the fact that both of them didn’t know they liked each other.

 

But Mark still had a chance – if he was quick. He knew Kiloua was working today and didn’t have a dance lesson with Sunchai today. He quickly got changed and headed to the dorm door.

 

“Yo Mark hyung! Where are you off to?” Bambam asked from the living room.

 

“I’m just going for a run.” Mark answered.

 

“Ok! While you’re out, will you pick up some chocolate from the store please?”

 

“Sure!”

 

He looked back down to tie his shoes and noticed something unusual. Junior’s favourite shoes were missing. Did he…?

 

“Hey Bambam!” Mark called out. “Did Junior go out?”

 

“Yeah, he went to the Momo Cot Café.”

 

‘Crap.’ The red-head boy thought as he rushed out. How could he be so blind? Now all Mark could do was hope that Junior had got lost or something so he could arrive at the café quickly.

 

---

 

It had been another quiet day at the café today and quite boring for Kiloua too. Her and the other waitress, Eunbi had been talking to her for most of the time and getting to know each other. Eunbi was quite a cheerful girl who was a student from Busan so she had someone to talk to in and out of work.

 

“You know how Mark always walks you to the academy?” The other waitress Eunbi asked as she scrubbed the tables. “Are you two…?”

 

“Dating? No.” Kiloua quickly finished her sentence.  “You know you’ve asked me that already!”

 

“I just can’t believe you don’t know see what I see. Is your attention elsewhere?”

 

“Well…yeah. Wait, what do you mean by ‘don’t see what I see.’”

 

Eunbi merely smiled and put a finger to . “I’m not telling! So who is the guy you like then?”

 

“Can I really tell you to not say anything?” Kiloua said. They had been working together for the past month but there is only so much you can tell someone you had known for a short amount of time.

 

She knew that Eunbi knew some of the trainees and idols because of their constant visits to Momo Cot so Kiloua didn’t want to say anything to Eunbi that would be passed along especially in this industry where rumours could start from anywhere. Eunbi did seem pretty nice though. At times, she would come and keep her comfy from practicing alone in the studio. Kiloua only realised now that she sounded really blunt upon saying so. “Sorry, that was quite harsh.”

 

“Don’t worry, I promise I won’t say. 0I just want to help you out.”

 

“It’s…Junior.” She finally said as she leaned on the counter.

 

Eunbi looked at her in surprise and then "Really? Did you tell him yet?"

 

Kiloua shook her head. She had liked Junior for a while now and still hadn't told him how she felt. Although she hanged around with Mark more, she was hoping to spend more time with junior too. But he seemed busier and hardly talked to her much even when she was around.

 

“What is it about him that you like?” She asked Kiloua as they went to the stockroom.

 

Whenever someone asked Kiloua why she liked someone, she always found it to be an odd question to answer.

 

“I just do.” She replied. “He’s…charming. I’d like to talk to him more.”

 

Eunbi peered from behind the back room when she heard the doorbell chime. “Well now’s your chance.” She whispered and indicated with her finger to the door.

 

Kiloua came out of the stockroom and right before

Please log in to read the full chapter