Chapter 3

The Truth

"Omma! I'm going out for a walk.", said Sohee as she walked down the stairs.

 

"Okay honey. Back before 7, we're going out for dinner.", Mrs. Ahn said. Sohee nod as she wore her sneakers. She walked out of her house, heading to a park nearby. 

 

"Wah~ it's nice out here." 

 

Sohee stretched out her arms. She continued walking around the park and stopped by the fountain. She sat on the side of the fountain, took out her MP3 player and putted on earpieces. She played 'TVXQ - Something'.

 

Suddenly, a white fluffy dog jumped onto her and causing her to fell into the water. Sohee was soaked in the fountain. When she was trying to get up, she slipped and someone caught her.

 

"Glad I caught you." L.joe smiled as he pulled Sohee out of the fountain. 

 

"Th..thank y..you." Sohee started to shiver as the evening wind blow on her. Her clothes was soaking wet, showing off the irresistible look of her body. L. Joe quickly took off his sweater and cover her with it.

 

Sohee wore the sweater. Then, she realised something, it was her MP3 player. Sohee kneel and looked into the water. She reached for her MP3 player and pull it out. Both of her earpieces and MP3 player were damaged.

 

"Err.. I'm sorry for that too. It must be something important to you. I will get you a new one. I promise." Promised L. Joe. 

 

"You. Don't you ever did that again."said L. Joe to his dog as he patting it. Sohee looked at his action, she smiled.

 

"It's okay. You don't have to burden yourself with those promise. You too little dear. Don't feel guilty over me." Sohee patted the dog gently.

 

"Let me walk you home."offered L. Joe. Sohee stood on her feet.

 

"I'm fine. I can walk home on my own."said Sohee confidently. She smiled to L. Joe, as she walked away from him, L. Joe pulled her arm, stoping her step. Sohee was surprised and turned her head facing him.

 

"It's getting darker. Anything can happen to a girl like you. Just let me walk you home for your safety." L. Joe let go her arm and walk before her. Sohee noded and followed him.

 

"Are you living in this neighborhood too?"asked Sohee, breaking off the silence. L. Joe noded. They continued walking until they reached Sohee's house.

 

"This is my house. Thanks for walking me home. See you tomorrow." Sohee bent down and patted L. Joe's dog.

 

"What is your name? I don't know it until now." Sohee asked the dog. L. Joe bent down and smiled.

 

"It's Candy."he answered.

 

"Bye Candy. Hope we'll meet again soon.". Both of them stand up and smiled to each other. 

 

"I'm going now. Make sure you take a bath or you'll catch a cold.", L. Joe patted her on her head and walked away. Sohee blushed. 

 

"Omo. What happened to you? You're wet.", asked mother as Sohee entering the house. She stand at the back of the door and smile to her mother.

 

Sohee walk out from the bathroom and closed the door. She dried her hair and sat at the edge of her bed. 

 

"What was that?? He patted on me and i felt exploded inside. That was ... OMG!!", she buried her face into her pillow and shouted. Her face turn red as she remove the pillow. She gets up as she heard her mom knocking.

 

"Here's your dress.", Sohee took the dress.

 

"Why am I have to wear this?", asked Sohee. She took a look at the dress, slowly spinning it continuously.

 

"Tonight's dinner is a special one. My boyfriend will be joining us. Anyway today is your birthday, right? So i thought we will be throwing a birthday party for you. Are you okay with that?", asked mom.

 

"Wait. You have a boyfriend?!", asked Sohee, suprised with the fact. Mother just nod shyly. Sohee's jaw dropped.

 

Sohee took a seat next to her mother in the restaurant. She looked around the fancy-looking restaurant. 

 

"How can we afford eating here?", whispered Sohee to her mother. Mrs. Ahn smiled to her daughter.

 

"Don't worry. It's not like you are paying.", answered mother.

Suddenly, a man appeared. He is tall, handsome and wait... What?!

 

"Oh. Honey! You're here. Have a seat.", said mother. Sohee's eyes get bigger as the man sit in front of her.

 

"This is my daughter, Sohee.", introduced mother. 

 

"She is lovely. Just like you.", said that man. He sound cheesy. Daaaah!

Mrs. Ahn nudged Sohee as she didn't even blink her eyes. 

 

"Honey. Say hello to uncle.", said mother. Sohee noded.

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo. I'm Sohee. You are Chanyeol's father right?", asked Sohee. Mother turn her head to Sohee.

 

"Haha. You seems to know my son. Well that is true. How did you know that?", said Mr. Park. Mother seems puzzled with the conversation.

 

"Well actually we are in the same class. I once saw you picked him up in front of the school.",told Sohee. 

 

Mother cut off their conversation and do some order thing and eat. They continued to talk about many things and suddenly Sohee's phone rang.

 

"I'm sorry. Excuse me for a moment, please.", said Sohee. 

 

"Okay honey. Take your time.", said mother. Sohee smiled and gets up, walking out from the restaurant.

 

Sohee sits on a bench in front of the restaurant and picked up the phone call.

 

"Hello." There's no answer. Sohee take a look at the screen, unknown number. "Hello? Who is this?" Still no answer. She hanged up. 

 

"Whose number is this?", nagged Sohee. 

 

"Mine!"

 

Sohee turned around, her eyes get wider.