Chapter 1

The Truth

Sohee wipes away her tears. With heavy hearts, she continues walking. The time seems to stop as she walk passing that couple. They're kissing under the neon lamp, how sweet but it hurts for Sohee. She didn't believe her eyes and she won't believe it.

As she arrived home, she throw herself on the couch in the living room. Crying her hearts out loud.

"Knock knock!!" 

Sohee lift her head, remain silence for a while.

"Knock knock!! Isn't there anybody home??!"

It's L. Joe for sure. Sohee get up and wipe away her tears. She get the door before L. Joe knock again.

"Owh. I thought you're not home yet." Asked L. Joe. He look at Sohee and realize her puffy eyes.

"Hey. Are you okay?" 

Sohee didn't answer him but inviting him into her house. She walks aimlessly to the living room and fall on the couch. 

L. Joe walk into her house and close the door. He took off his shoes and heard something fell. It's Sohee. He ran to get her.

"Sohee! Sohee! Hey. Wake up! Sohee!"

"Sohee! Hey! Sohee! Wake up. It's already 6." Mrs. Ahn entering the room. 

Sohee open her eyes. It was a dream though. She stretch out her arms, reaching the clock on the table. 6 a.m. . 

"Hey! Look at how lazy you are. Remember, today is your first day in that school. I won't send you there. I'm already late myself. Palli ireona! Aish, this little rascal! I'm off to work!" Her mother get out from her bedroom, off to work.
Sohee sit while removing the comforter away.

"Annyeong omma!" Shouts Sohee. She reach her towel and walk out from her bedroom. She look around her house. Turn around and head into her room back.

"Oh dang it! I'm late." Sohee grab her bag. Walking out on the street hurriedly. Regretting herself for being late.

‘I'm supposed to take a bath early and not going on bed again. Haish.' Nagged Sohee to herself. She lock the door and walk to school.

Sohee step into the school's office. The office seems so busy in the morning. She take out her registration form. She walk towards the counter.

"Excuse me." Sohee asked politely. The middle-aged woman look at her with a grin on her face.

"Yes. Can I help you?" The woman asked. Sohee placed the form on the counter, showing it to her. The woman take the form and read it.

"So, you are that new student. You are transferring from Daegu." The woman take out a piece of paper and hand it to Sohee.

"Here. Hand this to Mrs. Park. You can meet her at the staffroom on the second floor. Use the stairs near the exits." The woman continues her work. 

Sohee use the stairs near the exit to get to the second floor as that woman said. As she enters the staffroom, she's eyeballing the whole place, searching for Mrs. Park and there she is. 

"Hello. Mrs. Park, right?" Sohee approaches.

"Yes." Mrs. Park answered.

Sohee hand over a couple piece of paper to Mrs. Park. Mrs. Park take it with a smile on her face.

"New student, right?" Asked Mrs. Park. Sohee nods.

"Have a seat. This will take a few minutes to be done." Said Mrs. Park.

Sohee sit on a couch nearby. She looks the busy teachers in that room. Suddenly, her eyes were stuck at a boy that entering the staffroom. The boy walks toward Mrs. Park's place. Sohee keep watching the boy.

'He is a good looking. His nose is quite big though. Keke.' Sohee talk to herself. She was surprise as the boy turn around and look at her. She turn her face away, blushing. The boy sit besides her, close to her, makes her a bit uncomfortable. 

"Are you new here?" Chunji asked all of sudden. Sohee look at him, nodding, smile with shyness.

"Lee Chanhee. Call me Chunji." Chunji introduce himself. 

"Sohee. Ahn Sohee." Sohee replied. They at each other with grin on their face.

"Both of you! Come here." Mrs. Park call them. They walk towards her desk.

"So, get to know each other? You better know 'cause you're going to be a classmate. Come with me." Sohee and Chunji follow Mrs. Park to their class.