Chapter 2

The Truth

"Hello. My name is Lee Chanhee. Just call me Chanhee. Treat me well." Chunji introduce himself. 

All the girls in the class seems to pay a real attention to Chunji, whispering to each other.

"Hello. I'm Sohee. Ahn Sohee. I hope we can get along well." 

"Okay. Now you can take a seat. There's the empty places. Now, take out your homework that I gave you yesterday. Have you done it? I'm gonna punished those who aren't finishing their homework!" Mrs. Park start to check her student's homework. The class become noisy.

Sohee and Chunji walk to the empty seats. Suddenly, Sohee fell, Minzy smirk. The whole classes look at her and laugh. Chunji quickly help her. It was embarrassing though.

"Are you okay? Let me help you." Chunji grab Sohee's arm to help her to stand up.

"Oops. Sorry! I didn't mean to place my bag there. Are you okay?" Asked Minzy as she saw Chunji was helping Sohee. She take her bag and put it on her desk.

"Owh? What's going on here?" Mrs. Park walked towards Sohee. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Sohee nodded. Her face was red, embarrased with the sudden 'accident'. 

"Take your seat. Everyone! Stop laughing. It's not funny at all, guys. Haish." Mrs. Park walk to the front of the class and continues her business.

Sohee walk away to her seat. Minzy is going to help her but she refuse to be help by her. Minzy smirk. She look at Chunji and smile, hoping for him to smile back. However, Chunji just walk pass Minzy and take his seat.

It's recess time. Sohee close her book and place it under the table. She still feel embarrass with the earlier incident. She look at Chunji. He's being surround by girls, how lucky. 

"Hey. Aren't you going to eat?" Asked a boy. He has a good looking.

"I am going to but i don't have any appetite." Answered Sohee. 

The boy pull a chair and sit, facing Sohee. Sohee look at him weirdly. He takes out two packets of bread from his pocket and place it on Sohee's table.

Chunji watch them from his seat. He was going to ask Sohee to join him for the recess but he cancel it since Sohee got a new friends. He walk out from the class to the cafeteria. 

"You can have one." the boy said. 

"By the way, I'm Byunghun. Lee Byunghun. Just call me L. Joe." He open the bread and eat them.

Meanwhile, Sohee keep her silence. She doesn't know what to do. L. Joe look at her. He slide the bread to her and smile.

"Take it." 

Sohee take the bread and open it. Slowly, she eat the bread. The atmosphere seems awkward and remain in silence since there is nobody in the class.

"It is hard for your first day, huh?" L. Joe started the conversation. Sohee nod.

"That's what we called fate." Replied Sohee. She keep staring the bread and release a heavy breathe.

They keep chatting until the end of recess. 

"By the way, thanks for the bread!" Sohee thanks L. Joe as they end their conversation. L. Joe smile at her.

"And thanks for the chat." L. Joe replied and he walk to his seat. Sohee blush. 

The class continues as usual. When there is no teacher, some boys keep teasing Sohee. Talk about how she fell and laugh at her. Sohee had a hard time, thickening her face and toughen her heart. 

The class is over and Sohee feel so glad. She packs her things and were about to step out of the class when suddenly Minzy call her. She stop, turn around, Minzy is walking towards her. 

"So, is it fun chatting with L. Joe?!" She asked. Sohee didn't answer her.

"Hey! She's asking you. Answer her! Are you a fool??! Heh." Said one of Minzy's friend. Minzy calm her friend. She steps forward, nearer to Sohee. She touches Sohee's hair.

"Note this! L. Joe is mine! Don't try to seduce him or whatever es does. Got it?!" Minzy aware her.

"Let's go!" Minzy talk to her friends. They keep bumping Sohee's shoulder as they walk pass her. It's really annoying.
Sohee keep thinking about what just happen and bumped to Chunji.

"I'm sorry. I didn't.." she didn't finish her word and startle.

"Owh? It's you. I'm sorry Chunji. I didn't see you. I'm really sorry." 
Chunji smiles. 

"It's okay. What does the girls talk to you?" Chunji asked. Sohee was a little surprised with the question.

'Does he saw it? Omo.. ottokhae?' Sohee asks herself.

"Ahh.. that's just.. They're just wanna befriends with me. That's all. Nothing special. Hehe" Sohee replies.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." 

"Okay. So, where are you living at?" said Chunji, change the topic

"Huh? Owh. You mean my house?" Chunji nod. "Near the next conjunction." Sohee said as she point to it.

"Really?!" Chunji ask, with a shocking face. Sohee nod. 

"It's near with my house. Just 2 blocks away." Said Chunji with grin on his face. 

They arrived at Sohee's place after walking for 10 minutes.

"So, see you tomorrow." Chunji said. He smiles at Sohee as he walks heading to his home.

Sohee watches him and enter her house, locking the door and take a bath. She keep imagining the moments when they walk together. She has forgot about what had happen to her, thanks to Chunji and L. Joe.