Tetralogy (bonus chapter)

One Way Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Bonus chapter dedicated to Bambam's death. Btw Yugyeom died naturally ( I felt bad for making him a crazy lovestruck man & didn't have the heart to throw in a terminal disease at him).  I'd like to thank everyone who has subscribed and waited patiently for each of my updates. I know I'm the worst author, so thank you for not unsubscribing. xx

Bambam was seated in his office as he waited for his doctor's call; he had been waiting for his test results to return after a few months of waiting. His second novel, "Maybe Next Time?" , was in the process of being published while he began typing his third, "Strangers". Most of South Korea had fallen in love with his previous book, "You're Late".

Although he appreciated all the attention and love he was receiving from the citizens, he only had one person in mind. Yugyeom. Did he read them? Did he get the message? Was he going to run into the building and capture his lips while in his cubicle like the main characters did in his novel? Sadly, he had to realize this wasn't a novel. Although he was more than happy for it to be, this was life. And life was never on Bambam's side.

It was 9 AM when he left his office and signed out at the front desk where Fei was typing on her laptop. As he crossed the street, pale and veiny hands stuffed in his coat pockets, the loudness of cars could be heard. It wasn't just the ordinary busy road, but the additional screams, gasps, sirens, honks of cars, and loud shuffling. Kunpimook as always, being a punctual person, decided on ignoring the rather weird sounds and quickening his walking pace. He ce he had finished crossing the street, realizing cars had passed by at the same time he was. "I lost my chance.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nobody likes doctor's appointments, the brunette concludes as he steps into the plain white office and takes a seat on the uncomfortably stif bed. Waiting, waiting, click. The door clicked behind the doctor who had stepped in, clipboard and files in hand. His stethoscope hung around his neck, making Kunpimook rather uncomfortable. No, not my heart...

"Let's check up on the usual, and then we'll go over your last test results."

"But-"

"No, Kunpimook. We're not going through this again. I know it's difficult, but we have no other choice than to check up on you regularly. If we miss out on just one checkup, who knows what will happen."

Who knows what will happen.

Who knows what will happen.

Kunpimook wasn't aware of anything around him as the doctor checked his blood pressure, listened to his heartbeat as well as his breathing. It was pointless. There was obviously never going to be improvements, Kunpimook sighed as he waited for the doctor to say the usual, "Blood pressure, too low. Heartbeat, slower than average, breathing is below average, even for asthmatics." 

"Thanks. I guess I'll see you next week?" Kunpimook nearly hopped off the bed, if it weren't for the strong arm that reached out to detain him.

"Hold on, Kunpimook. We haven't yet discussed the test results."

With a sigh, he sat back down and waited for the doctor to hand him a folder. "What medication do I need to take now?"

"None."

"Really? That's great! Wow.. thanks, Doctor Choi!" Kunpimook smiled brightly.

"I wasn't finished," the doctor sighed, "You won't be needing any medication because your body won't accept it. It's spreading, Kunpimook."

Kunpimook's breath hitched at his doctor's words. The very phrase he had always feared was now spoken. He had always expected to hear it at some point in his life, but not now. Now that he was waiting for Yugyeom to meet him again.

"So, this is it?" his words trembled, hands and legs shaking as he stepped off the bed, and walked cautiously towards the door.

"I'm sorry. We've done everything, we really did. You know this is difficult, new developing terminal diseases -"

"Save it, Doctor Choi. I'm not afraid of death. This was bound to happen, so don't apologize. I appreciate your efforts, thank you."

Thank you for letting me die.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Yugyeom. I'll be gone by the end of the year. Hopefully God will give us a chance and we can meet in the next life." He said lowly as he kicked pebbles on his way back home, "It's silly, right? I used to say these kinds of after-death stories were fake and stupid, but look at me now. I'm dying and this is all I want to believe in."

It's all I have left to believe in.

His world was torn apart. His insides were torn apart, quite literally. His organs dispersing with every breath he took, every heartbeat. The condition of his was still rare and untreatable. The medications were limited. Kunpimook no longer needed them; his body wasn't accepting them, just as the doctor said. For once, Kunpimook chose to believe in the doctor's words. They were hurtful, much too honest for his weak and sensitive heart, but he couldn't be lied to. New, developing terminal diseases always meant false hope.

"At least I'm dying naturally. Nobody shot me or beat me to death. Nobody ran me over. Nobody hurt me." he sighed, "Except for myself."

Kunpimook kicked the pebble for one last time until he reached his own doorstep and removed his shoes. The cold air immediately welcomed him as he dragged himself to the li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter