Epilogue

One Way Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The city lights were beautiful tonight, Yugyeom thought as he walked home that day. He had a party hat clutched in his hand, a gift box in the other. It was Bambam's 25th birthday, and he'd need a change of clothes to visit his friend-- fiance. Yugyeom thought it'd be best to wait for Bambam's real answer once they were together (and he really couldn't wait to join him, he was afraid to admit).

When Yugyeom oh so kindly rejected the many confessions he received after meeting Bambam, he felt the need to explain he was taken. Taken by a man who was no longer breathing the same air as them. He was buried, but the love he felt for the older man was not. Everyone thought he was going crazy and being dilusional at its best. "I think we've lost him", they'd whisper to eachother at the cafe, where Yugyeom continued to work at.

Yugyeom never once heard those comments, being too occupied in thoughts of Bambam. But the only one who did was a chinese-born female, also known as Fei. And it seemed she was the only one keeping him sane.

Fei and Yugyeom had become good friends after Bambam's death, and they always visited eachother. She couldn't work at the local paper anymore due to it's big loss. It was getting difficult for her to pass by the empty office, aka cubicle labeled 'Bhuwakul'. Instead, she resigned and joined Yugyeom at the cafe. They didn't earn much, but as long as they had eachother's company, everything felt alright.

Today, Yugyeom entered his small apartment to find a sleeping Fei on the couch. "Noona! How long were you waiting? I'm sorry I was a bit late-"

"Yugyeom-ah, save your excuses. I know you were out buying Bambam's gift. Now go change your clothes so we can finally go, before it gets too dark."

Yugyeom carefully placed the party hat and gift box on the couch before changing his clothes into more formal attire. He wore the same clothing that he had in the first and only bus ride with Bambam. The clothing was strictly worn on days when he'd visit Bambam.

The cemetary gave him the chills, like usual. It never felt normal there, but Yugyeom brushed off the feelings, knowing he'd soon be there forever. And with Bambam, he smiled at the thought. Fei had to snap her fingers in front of him, signalling him to start his usual introduction and speech.

"Bambam, it's me, Yugyeom.

The one who was in the bus with you the other day, three years ago.

Yes, it's been three years. And two years since you left me for good. But don't worry... I'm doing fine. At first I was crying nonstop. Sometimes I still do, but then I remember how I'll be able to join you soon. I promise we'll be together again, Bambam. And this time, you can't leave me, alright?

I brought you a gift, and the party hat from your office. Don't open the gift until I leave, okay? I want you to see it yourself. Maybe you can brag to your friends here later.

And Fei's here with us. She came to visit as well. Happy Birthday, Bambam! I'll let her talk to you now.

I love you~"

Fei held in her tears at the sight of Yugyeom talking casually to a gravestone. He's still sane, she tried convincing herself, but the conversation Yugyeom had with a block of stone was beginning to haunt her. Maybe the coworkers were right, but maybe they just didn't know love the way Yugyeom did.

And so she began her introduction and speech, "Kunpimook, it's Fei. I hope you remember me. I'm the chinese noona you always begged for coffee.

Do you remember why I wouldn't give it to you? Because it wasn't good for you. I'm not here to scold you anymore, you must be relieved, right?

I'm not working at the paper anymore, but I still check up on your books. They're best sellers... and a lot of kids are reading it for their literature classes now! Isn't that amazing? I know you'd be proud of yourself. I told you so~ Noona always knows when a book will be a big hit.

I hope I see you soon, Kunpimook! Until next time."

Several months after visiting Bambam on his 25th birthday, it was time for Yugyeom to visit a psychologist. It hurt Fei to see him in such a state. He looked normal on the outside, but the inside was terrifying. Yugyeom couldn't let go of Bambam. When he was troubled, he'd talk to an invisible Bambam. He'd cry in his supposed arms. And at night, when Yugyeom had to sleep, he turned the lights off and cuddled with the pillow, otherwise known as Bambam.

Everything aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter