Four

EDIT OUT!

Kris felt cheated when the weight of his wallet miraculously became lighter and there was only a few products  that were deemed as not saleable but he knew closing the store meant the old clerk lost out on making more profit. There was no point in arguing with the old man. 

"There's not enough money to get a ride back to the dorm and it's not a good idea to walk the streets at this time of day. School girls are probably walking around at this very moment.  What should I do?" Kris thought out loud.

Baekhyun who was beside Kris had heard everything he said,  giving him a bitter taste in his mouth when he looked at Chaerin just standing there doing nothing. Nothing whatsoever. "This is her fault, this is all her fault."

"Excuse me?!" Chanyeol was highly offended by Baekhyun's a accusation.

"If she didn't came into our lives all of this would have never happened in the first place." Baekhyun spat.

"Don't even start, you two." Kris eyes turned into slits. He was not in the mood for anymore so-called 'excitement'.

"I haven't spoken to her yet..." Baekhyun words drifted off as he walked away and stopped in front of Chaerin, giving her no time to react to his sudden approach. "I want a big van with those black tinted windows to keep people from seeing us from the outside and don't you dare pretend like you don't have money to do this.  Just look at your skin, it's looking more vibrant and milky smooth. You've been spending big bucks on spas, haven't you? And I know who you are. You're 2NE1's leader CL. You recorded hit songs like 'fire' and 'i am the best' and you just recently finished promoting a single with plans to promote more songs. I also know you had a few broadcasts appearance too like SBS "Running man" and Incarnation."

"Did someone say Running Man?" The old clerk chimed upon hearing his favorite television show.gain

Kris closes his eyes and rubs his temple, trying to harbor enough energy  to further deal with his crazy members.

Baekhyun continued, "You've been going to  a lot of high end fashion shows too, gaining greater recognition, which is probably why you got an endorsement deal with a makeup company. You must have gotten paid for all that you did the last few months which is plenty for you to get us a-" He pauses and places a hand over his left cheek when he suddenly felt a slight pain on the spot where Chaerin had 'slapped' at.

"You didn't give me a chance to speak and I didn't want to raise my voice and startle the old man in this store. Haven't we caused him enough of a nuiscance? I couldn't take you spitting in my face while you talk either. You know how gross it is to get someone else saliva in your eye. Please understand my sudden reaction.." She slightly bows and then walks away to the coffee brewer to get herself a cup of coffee or more like to avoid being next to Baekhyun who gave her a spine chilling feeling because he was giving off a creepy stalker vibe. 

Chanyeol shakes his head in disbelief while slowly going to Baekhyun's side. "I don't know what to be more upset about. You demanding CL-subaenim to pay for something or you saying you're not a 2NE1's fan but you clearly know more about their leader than you should. Either way..." He smacks Baekhyun on the back of the head, bringing him out of shock. "It's not fair that you exchanged more words with her than me."

Baekhyun rubs his aching head,"I only know these things because, I DON'T KNOW!" He gives Chanyeol a smack in return as he couldn't simply admit to occasionally following 2NE1's activities.

 

"You two are giving me a headache." Kris walked between Chanyeol and Baekhyun, pushing them apart from each other, "Don't you two dare move." He said in a threatening tone. "Don't move, don't say anything and most importantly don't cause more trouble, please." He huffed and straigtened up himself before walking up to Chaerin who appeared startled and  had nearly spilled the cup of coffee in her hand.

Seeing that it was only Kris, Chaerin felt at ease because he gave off a sense of maturity much more than she could say about some of the others. 

"How  I wish I could end all of this to save EXO's image, but as you can see my members are not going to let that happen anytime soon and can you believe  there's actually more of us? I assure you my members aren't normally like this, they are far more worst." He said in a joking tone to lighten up her mood.

Chaerin lets out a tiny snort, "I think you need this more than I do. Have some." She hands him her cup of coffee and he kindly takes it.

Kris takes a sip of the coffee before handing it back to her. He gives her a warm smile, it was more than enough to show his gratitude towards her. "I worked everything out with the clerk and I'll be more than happy to give you the good news, Lee Chaerin-ssi you're free to get away from us EXO clowns now." 

"I think that's the best news I have ever heard." She was half serious, chuckles softly.

"Let's properly greet each other the next time we meet."

"Will do,"

Kris smiles once more and gives her a quick bow before  turning around and walking away. Things were simple when she talks to him, 'if only I ran away with him instead,''  She slightly tilts her head when she notices Kris shoulders were slumped and he was dragging his feet on the ground. She knew how tired he must be.

"Wait!" She suddenly stopped him from walking further away, getting the attention of Baekhyun and Chanyeol,  "The boy earlier..."

"She's talking about me." Baekhyun silently bragged.

"He wanted a big van with black tinted windows. I'm sure  a cab service can provide that. I could get one for you and pay the fee. It's the least I could do for my Hoobae's who all had a rough day because of me."

Kris was about to refuse her offer until he saw the determined look on her face and knew it was pointless to fight it. And now that he thought about it wasn't a bad idea to have her pay, after she was nice enough to offer,  "If you could supply the van for us, that would be wonderful." He smiled.

"So Loveable..." Chanyeol eyes glossed as he swoons over Chaerin, loving the fact that she is showing her kindness.

 

Chaerin smiles, didn't move from her spot as she decided to wait for Luhan.

After getting changed in the covenience store bathroom , Luhan sneaked up behind Chaerin and  takes her cup of coffee out of her hand before she could take a sip and raised the cup up high abover her head and placed it on the counter.

Chaerin eyes followed the cup the whole time, wondering why Luhan  would do such a thing. Luhan answers her curiosity when he places his jacket over her shoulder and in case she refuses his offer, he hugged her waist from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder  to securely keep the jacket on her. He wanted to be the one to warm her up.

"I felt bad for not offering you my jacket outside in the cold earlier. Here is me making amends." Luhan spoke with his arm still securely around her waist.

"Are you still half ?" Chaerin asked in a whisper. When she felt movement behind her she assumed Luhan shook his head in response "Good." She sighed in relief. "Earlier you called a cab, right? Why hasn't it showed up yet?"

"Because it's not coming.I got distracted  before I could give the cab service our location...CL-ssi, I like to erase the image you have of me. If you could please look at me with a fresh new mind-"

"I just wanted to know why the cab haven't came yet. Now that I know why, you don't have to say anything else and I really  don't want to  waste anymore time." She pulls away from Luhan and slips her arm in the sleeves of the jacket before walking foreward, not turning back to look at him once.

Luhan shoes skidded the floor as he maneuvers to keep himself  in front of her while she tries to walk away, "Spare some time." He took one of her hand and held it tight. "Changing back into my regular clothes has brought me back to my senses."

"Really?" Chaerin asked, but didn't show any interest.

"Yes, and with our time spent together, there's something I want to talk about...sincerely-"

Chaerin sighs, "I'm tired. I'm really really tired."  She roughly pulls her hand away from him.

Luhan finally gives in by moving aside for her to walk past him.

"Please don't.." She said to Kris when she passed by him, thinking he'll comment on Luhan's touchy behavior, being that Kris appeared to be an attentive leader in her eyes.

"My name is Do Kyungsoo. D.O is my stage name!" Baekhyun said quickly, stopping Chaerin in her tracks as she was startled by his sudden speech. Baekhyun hoped by giving her a false name she wouldn't spread rumors about how she had to slap Byun Baekhyun for getting saliva in her face.

 

***


Kyungsoo sneezes out of nowhere. He had an ominous feeling, like perhaps someone is talking about him. He blinks his eyes several times before resting his head back on his pillow and going back to sleep.
 

***

 

Chaerin raised her hand and clutched onto the jacket she wore to feel some security.

"Shut up." Luhan and Kris said in unison towards Baekhyun.

"Sunbaenim." Chanyeol smiles and politely gestures Chaerin to keep moving along.

Chaerin slightly nodded and smiles a little before going up the front counter where she apologizes to the clerk for having to ask for the favor of using the store phone and troubling the clerk to give her a number to a cab service.

While she busy herself, the four EXO members gathered together, waiting for the results of her call.

"It's nice seeing the leader at her most natural. If only I have this on film." Chanyeol lips curled up when Kris gave him a look of displeasure. Chanyeol knew then he wasn't going to get the camcorder back in his hand. 

"So many regrets..." Baekhyun said in a soft whisper. "But now that I think about it, I'm pretty happy to have this as a memory to look back on."

Chanyeol happily nodded in agreement while looking at Chaerin backside.

"Is that so Kyungsoo?" Kris rolled his eyes and reluctantly nodded in agreement as well.

Baekhyun held up a peace sign, tilts his head and smiled, attempting to appear cute.

Kris shook his head at Baekhyun and looks over at Luhan who had a stiff composure with his hands formed into a fist. "Lu, did you fall in love with her?" Kris spoke in Chinese  to keep others from understanding him except for Luhan.

"Love." Chanyeol was able to pick up the word, looks back and forth at Kris and Luhan.

 "No." Luhan replied back in Chinese, slips his hand in his pockets. Why would he fall in love in the span of four hours of being with her?

"I was just asking because it looks like you're itching to talk to her and eariler you were practically throwing yourself at her. " Kris mumbled tiredly, didn't feel like furthering continuing the conversation with Luhan.

"I wasn't acting like that out of love..." Luhan said to reassure himself.

"There it is again, love." Chanyeol whined, wanting to know what the two foreign friends are talking about.

"Who cares, she's coming." Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol when he saw Chaerin hand the phone back to the clerk and started making her way towards them.

Kris clears his throat, "CL-ssi?"

"Ne," Chaerin saw Chanyeol bowing to her several times, she tries to keep up with him by bowing to him several times. Baekhyun joins the fun and bows to her too and she hesitantly bows back to him. Her hands then raised over the back of her head as she felt a headache coming from the excessive bowing. "...The cab is on it's way here."

"Is that so?" Luhan asked but was not answered.

"Sunbaenim as a huge fan of yours, I would like to suggest  that you rest your head on my lap to make the ride back home for you more relaxing." Chanyeol let out a nervous laugh.

"You must be out of your mind." Luhan clicked his tongue in annoyance at Chanyeol.

"Sorry," Kris apologize on behalf of .

Chaerin brushed Kris apology off, seeing nothing wrong with Chanyeol comment. "That won't be necessary." She looked at Chanyeol. "I called a cab for you guys and another one for myself. We won't be riding together."

Baekhyun nodded at her words, "I think that's for the best. This day just might drag on even longer if  you continue to stick to us and I don't want that. I want to sleep dammit." He spoke honestly, but had to bite his own tongue for being honest in the first place  "...Kyungsoo said." He added, hoping  speaking in third person with a false name won't leave Baekhyun,  himself in a bad light.

"I agree." Chaerin smiled meekly, reminded of how the whole mess started because of her. Luhan looked at her apologetically, feeling like he was the one mostly at fault for dragging everything out for so long.

"I wouldn't mind if this day dragged on longer." Chanyeol pouted.

"Let's stop talking. Talking exerts too much energy." Kris tears up from failing at holding back a yawn. 

The talking stop, leaving Chaerin to  reach inside  her small shoulder bag to take out cash from her wallet that would pay for the cab fee but while doing so she accidently  caused her cell phone to fall out from her bag and too her surprise she saw the screen lit up. She had thought it ran out of batteries but in fact what happened was her cell phone was somehow turned off, a feature on the phone she completely forgot about and only now did the phone turn back on after the right button was pressed.

Luhan picks up the phone off the ground before the others could touch it and then he shares a knowing look with Chaerin, not yet handing the phone back to her as he awaits for her to finish what she was about to do.

Taking out money from her wallet, Chaerin takes Kris hand and places the money over his palm. "For the cab fee."

"Thank you." Kris  said to her.

  "I'm sure the cab will arrive soon. Why don't you and your members go wait outside for it." Chaerin smiled at Kris, pulling him forward and then gently pushes him from behind.

"...O-Okay. See you around. CL-ssi." Kris replied,  pats Chanyeol on the shoulder, gesturing him to leave first.

"Mhm." Chanyeol hummed in response, bows to Chaerin, bidding her farewell before heading out of the convenient store, Baekhyun followed him soon after.

Kris looked back at Chaerin and Luhan before heading out himself.

 

Chaerin takes the phone from Luhan's hand and much to her disappointment and pain she did not see one message or missed call from her boyfriend. "Aren't you going to leave?" She asked in a low raspy voice,  sad eyes plastered on the screen of her phone.

"I know this is not my place to say." Luhan said slowly and as calmly as possible, not moving from his spot. "Especially not being perfect myself. CL-ssi, your boyfriend, I think you should break up with him."

"What?! Where do you even get the idea of telling me something like that?" She felt offended, looks up at him with a strong gaze, "You're right, it's not your place to say. I'll ask this again, aren't you going to leave?"

"I answered your question the moment I chose to stay here while my members left. I'm not leaving. Look, Chaerin-ah." Luhan ended the formalities with her. "I'm sure you had the same thoughts as all of us  when we came to this town. It's peaceful and quiet at night, and it also took three hours to get here. Your boyfriend put you on  this long trip in the late hours just to not show up at all. The least he could have done is  to make sure you got home safe." 

"Don't you dare think negatively of him. It's not his fault his company overworks him." Chaerin  argued, "My boyfriend is a really  thoughtful and caring person, unlike you. You could have stopped me from the very beginning and could have told me who you really are instead of acting like your a victim and actually a girl."

"How could I possibly stop you? Just look who you are, just look who I am. You're my senior in the music industry with farther greater accomplishments, I couldn't let your impression of me to be some helpless girl especially when I have this complex about appearing manly in front of everyone." Luhan continues the seriousness in his voice. "That incident was not something I could just laugh off as if it was no big deal."

"Fine, I understand your point of view but what if I told you I'm not CL from 2NE1 and that I only merely look like her but lead you to believe I was CL this whole enter time. Tell me, how would you feel then?"

"...Betrayed." Luhan sighs, feeling defeated. "I'm sorry for posing as a girl in front of you. I'm sorry for everything...so let me make it up to you by giving you a word of advice, you should break up with your boyfriend to spare the excruciating heartache you'll get later in the future if you continue being with him. Just look at you Chaerin you're not as upset as you should be. That only means one thing. He canceled on you more than once and you've become use to it, am I right?"

Chaerin eyes faltered, revealing to Luhan that he was right. "From a man perspective, I could tell your so-called boyfriend isn't as thoughtful and caring you like him to be." He said in an sympathetic tone.

"Man?" Chaerin snorted out a laugh, hiding away her sadness.  "I hope you're not referring to yourself because I don't see a man in front of me."

Luhan bit his inner cheeks to  suppress himself from saying anything regretful in order to not hurt her like she had hurt him with her words.

A knock on the glass window was heard, catching the attention of both of them. Chanyeol who knocked on the window waves his hand, gesturing for Luhan to come out as the cab had arrived.

Luhan looks outside through the window and saw it was only one cab in front, assuming the second one hasn't arrived yet.  "Will you be okay alone?" He asked, concern showing in his eyes.

"I'll be okay." Chaerin replied in a tiresome voice, relieved it was near the end of their time together.

 Luhan gently pats down the jacket he put on her earlier, liking the look of it on her. "Then, goodbye."

Just like that Luhan and his three members set off inside the cab and were finally headed back to their dorms.

 

 

Meanwhile Tao gasped with the sudden realization that he fell asleep knowing it wasn't the time to do that. "Gege are you finished changing...ah." He was surprised to not see Luhan inside the bathroom with him.

He pushes himself up against the wall while hugging onto his backpack and steps out of the bathroom. His heart pumped fast when he didn't see anyone inside the store other than the old clerk who was busy clipping off his fingernails. 'They left me.' He concluded and  frowned. He then throws his backpack over his shoulder and slowly made his way out of the convenience  store, hoping s will comeback for him. Looking to his left his eyes widen when he saw Chaerin about to step in a cab.

"Stop stop stop!" He instinctively rushes to her with his hand reached out, hoping and praying for his  presence to be welcomed.

Hearing his voice, Chaerin put her foot back down on the pavement and turned to look at him clearly. She was surprised to see Tao's familiar face and more surprised to see his hands were out. "STOP!" She shouted out the order and Tao did just that.  He stopped, making her nearly fall over when his hands were near her . 

She did not want a repeat of the last time she was touched in her sensitive area.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:  
About the  poll in the last chapter, I see ChaeKris is the most popular ship (of course it is) I might in the future create a oneshot for the beautiful pair.   In the next chapter for anyone who is curious, CL boyfriend will appear and I decided her boyfriend will be J******, Heh, I don't want to spoil it but you can try to guess who. Ah another chapter down. I hope it was an enjoyable read~