Sleepless

Only

No one's POV

"Can't sleep!" Key grumbles to himself as he stares up at his pearl, parasol pink ceiling. His face felt groggy and bloated; his eyes felt heavy but surely not from his lack of sleep. He checked his cell phone for the time. 4:43 AM, he had barely slept more than 5 hours but he felt wide awake. Key lets the screen dim as he stared into his reflection. He, as expected, had swollen and red eyes, making it obvious that he had cried. His nose was tainted a light pink and the tear streaks from the previous night somehow stayed visible.

Sighing, Key sits up and decided to get up, out of bed. The bed sinks at the edge as Key makes his way off the bed towards his large closet. He grabbed a pair of black skinnies, a black sweater with a skull printed on and a white blouse. He slipped out of his over sized night t-shirt and shorts and quickly pulled on the clothes he picked out, pulling on the sweater over his blouse. He stood in front of his drawer mirror, fixing his collar one last time, before he walked to the bathroom.

By 5:23, Key was standing in the kitchen making breakfast. He was making pancakes as Onew walked into the kitchen. With a wide grin on his face, he just couldn't sleep knowing breakfast cooking. Especially since he smelt chicken.

"Hmm, are you making chicken pancakes?" Onew yawns as he rests his chin against Key's shoulder. Key flinches at the sudden contact, surprised and ready to swing the frying pan around. Realizing that it was only Onew, he lets out a sigh of relief and rolls his eyes.

"Onew hyung, I'm definitely making chicken pancakes. Especially and just for you," Key says with a smile and his head slightly turned towards Onew, but still worked at the pancakes. Key's voice was clear with sarcasm but as naive as the other was, Onew didn't catch it.

"Really?" Onew jumps up, off Key's shoulders, with excitement and sparkles in his eyes; this gesture only causes Key to mentally face palm but at the same time shook his head with eyes closed and a smile pasted on his face. Onew's ignorance with irresistibly cute; sometimes causing the younger to question if Onew was actually ranked second in school.

"Hyung, really? You can't make chicken pancakes," Onew makes a face as if to say 'but you could'. Key shakes his head again, flattered. "Even me, hyung." Onew's sighs and rests his chin back on Key's shoulder. "But I did get chicken this morning, knowing you and your obsession." Onew perks up again, this time cheering and wraps his arms over Key's, immobilizing him.

"Yah! The pancakes are going to burn, " Key laughs at the older's silliness, and despite his warning, Onew kept himself wrapped around Key.

 

Jonghyun's POV (>u< I finally decided to let him speak for himself)

I'm usually a heavy sleeper despite my insomnia. I could sleep through the ruckus of late mornings when the other members rushed around complaining. I was usually the last to actually wake up, unless Onew hyung beat me to that. This morning, though, I woke up restless. I heard a cheerful yelp from what seemed like the kitchen. Onew. I checked my phone for the time; surely it wasn't that late already right? Nope. It was only 5:47, why was Onew up so early all of a sudden?

I didn't think much of it anymore when it got quiet again and attempted sleep again. But much to my dismay, the chattering started again. He was talking to someone. I heard laughs and giggles. They were annoying, it was too early in the morning for that. I was real annoyed and decided to get out of bed to scold them. I know, how could I scold my hyung? But honestly if it wasn't because we decided the leader by age, I would've been the leader. Sadly, know you.. I'm not.. the leader, I mean.

I walked into the kitchen, carrying my pillow in one arm, ready to throw it at him for waking me up. But before I could I heard another laugh.

"Stop!" The voice was so familiar, not Onew's but someone I wished it didn't belong to. Key. The sight was no better. I saw Onew's around Key's waist. No, it wasn't anything ual. Just him tickling Key. Just tickling... Key. My Key. My Kibum, who also had the same surname as mine.

"Yah! You s-stu-pid old maaan," Key choked out between laughs. "Stop it!" Tears was visibly forming at the corners of those beautiful feline eyes. Key's face was flushed and it was obvious that he enjoyed the tickles. At least it didn't look like he was annoyed by it. But I was. They looked like a married couple.. No! That's not happening. I'm forcing them to divorce.

I tossed my pillow, aiming at Onew's head. "Yah! I'm trying to sleep here!" Key's laughing stops and Onew catches the pillow I tossed after it smacks him square in the face. Both stares at me surprised and lost. Key turns back to the stove, and gathers five plates from the drawers. Onew throws the pillow back to me.

"You might as well just get up." Onew mumbles loudly. "About time you got up without someone having to go to your room. Nice for a change." He shrugs and helps Key set the plates. They each exchanged a small smile.

Key's mine. I wanted to growl at Onew but I only glared at him and fumed. I approach them and tried to help with setting up breakfast as well. But how much hands did you really need for that? Onew already finished when I even started to walk so I decided to set the glass cups and poured milk into each.

"Onew hyung, could you make me coffee?" I heard Key say as I poured the fourth cup. I look up watching Onew nod, taking the last cup and made Key's coffee. I turned to Key, he avoided my glance and busied himself with cleaning the scraps on the stove.

"You guys, go wash up and change. I'll go wake the other two." Key says as he took off his apron. He turned towards me but kept his head low and walked out of the kitchen, leaving speechless, which anger and annoyance building at the bottom of my chest.

 

 

 


Hello~! Crystal, here!

I finally actually read my story and I found so many misspells and grammatical errors :(

So after this chapter I will try to fix up the previous chapters.

 

I also want to thank those who comments because I feel really motivated to update as soon as I can.

It's also interesting to know your opinions on this story. Although, I really want start some conversations with my readers O_O

Thank you for reading!! Thank you subscribers and comment- ers, love you guys!!