Chapter Two

먹이는 명예심 [Feeding Ambition] -HIATUS-

“Yoona?” Yuri’s voice echoed in my mind as I glared at him, not moving an inch.

“Yea, what?” I finally responded to Yuri after she called my name for about...ten times? She shot a curious glance at me. Yuri, I know what you’re thinking. And for heaven’s sake, why am I meeting this guy in this occasion?

“So, what are you doing here?” I spoke, as I shifted my body awkwardly, seeing how close we were to each other. For Pete’s sake, Yoona, do you have to be so lame? It’s not as if you’re trying to strike a conversation with him. Plus, he’s a mean person and a CHEAT!

“Psh, of course I’m here to join the competition. I think you had better back off, pipsqueak. You can NEVER beat me.” He laughed, and an evil laugh at that. Gosh, I had never seen such an .

“I would NEVER had lost if it hadn’t been you, you CHEAT!” I retorted, holding up my finger two inches away from his face. I’ll scratch your face till it bleeds and gets disfigured!

“Get your smelly finger off my face!” He pushed me slightly and I fell backwards. What’s wrong with him? Conceited, mean, selfish jerk!

“You—” I couldn’t think of a comeback, so I kept quiet, glaring at him angrily. Argh, Im Yoona! Think of something! Just then, he turned and saw Yuri. He scanned her and eyed her curiously. And I swear Yuri was squealing excitedly on the inside; like she always was when she met a hot guy. Well, as much as I hate him, he IS hot.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Kwon Yu—” Yuri was about to bow and introduce herself but Taecyeon turned to the right and started walking away. Yuri slightly pouted sadly. I rolled my eyes. Yuri-ah, he’s not worth it!

“Yah! Why are you so rude?! My friend was only trying to say hi!” I yelled angrily and people passing by turned to look at me. Im Yoona, this is ruining your image. But who cares? It’s my best friend we’re talking about! And also, that jerk Ok Taecyeon!

“Yah, Kim Yeon Ah! If I remember correctly, I’m older than you so don’t yell at me like this! You’re not supposed to!” He retorted. MY. NAME. IS. NOT. KIM. YEON. AH!

“My name is not Kim Yeon Ah, you babo! My name is IM YOONA!” I really hate it when people call me by another name. I’m not Kim Yeon Ah. Who the hell is SHE?! He ignored my words and continued walking.

“Yoona-yah, that guy is… interesting.” Yuri trailed off, staring at Taecyeon’s walking figure. Aish… Yuri is too good for that jerk!

“Aish, wipe your drool!” I jeered and she immediately touched her lips, startled.

“There isn’t any!” She protested. She’s just too naive. I shook my head and sighed.

 “There wasn’t any in the first place, so you have to take out your pocket mirror and stare into it. Yuri-ah, that Ok Taecyeon can never be trusted, so don’t ever fall for him! If you want to know why, I can tell you.” I advised. 5 years ago, remember? That competition with Ok Taecyeon, the cheat, would be forever ingrained in my mind!

“Great. I’d really like to know!” Yuri’s eyes lit up. Yuri is retarded. Yoona, be clever enough and stay away from him!

*FLASHBACK*

“Those who are interested in joining the culinary competition to earn a scholarship are welcome to join! Get an application form at the office and fill it in. Deadline by 08/09/2005!” I read out. Oh my gosh! Culinary competition in my culinary school? Yoona, you’re joining and that’s it! I decided that this contest would be the right path for me to follow, to show off my cooking skills. Since I turned 6, I aspired to be a chef, to put my heart and soul inside my cooking. Hopefully, those who tasted my food could taste the blood and sweat I put into it. I took a glance at the surroundings and noticed that many students of the culinary school were rushing inside the office. Oh my god! What if there were no more application forms? Yoona, go, go! I dashed off, heading to the office. The only thing on my mind was the contest and nothing else.

“Ow!” I bumped into a guy and fell. He was tall, muscular and well-built. So, I guess his impact on me was quite brutal. I slowly got up, rubbing my sore bottom.

“Hey! Are you blind?! Watch where you’re going! Aish!” He pushed me roughly and walked away haughtily, while I landed on my ONCE AGAIN. Yoona, be strong! Don’t care about that retard! People nowadays have no manners! I got back up on my feet and charged towards my destination – the office!

-----

 “Yahoo!!! I got into the competition!!!” I let out a shrill scream as I held up that worthless piece of paper, but yet it was like treasure to me. I reckoned that my earsplitting scream would have been heard by everyone living 100km away.

“Well, let’s see. What food should I prepare?” I sat down and began to scribble some food names down, gnawing my pencil while I was deep in thought.

-----

-On the day of the finals-

Finally! The day I have been waiting for. I hope I can win the trophy. Oh my gosh! I can totally imagine it in my head! I mentally squealed as I prepared the ingredients needed for the dish. The judges had discussed and revealed what dish they wanted us finalists to make; and just to concoct the perfect sauce for my dish, I stayed up for three nights, testing every batch of sauces I made. Aigoo, the dark eye circles under my eyes are getting really visible.

I giggled like a child as I sliced the onions. I must have looked like a crazy woman. Well, I was excited and happy!

“Ow!” A small scream came out of my mouth unwillingly. I realized I had cut my finger while slicing the onions. Aish! Yoona, you’re really clumsy! The blood was flowing fast and I decided to make a quick trip to the washroom to clean my wound. I excused myself and dashed towards my destination.

When I returned, I continued preparing the other ingredients along with the other contestants. I reached out to get the sauce which was originally next to the stove, but there was nothing! I searched high and low for the bottle of sauce, but I still could not find it. Ottoke?! The sauce is the most important ingredient in my dish! Stay calm, Yoona. Stay calm… I scanned the kitchen. The other contestants were already finishing the dish, but I was only halfway through!

After five minutes, I gave up the search and decided to use other types of sauce which was provided by the school. Now there’s no chance for me to get the first place… I sighed deeply and a tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and continued preparing my dish.

-----

“And the winner is…” The MC paused. My heart beat increased rapidly as I shut my eyes tightly. I clasped my hands together, praying silently. I knew there was very little chance that I’d win, but I still hoped I would.

“Ok Taecyeon!!!” Everyone began clapping for the winner and I hesitantly clapped too. I knew I wouldn’t win, but still, I couldn’t help but cry.

“Now, let’s get a sample of the winning dish!” The MC announced cheerily. I walked to Taecyeon’s table, my shoulders slumped, to congratulate him. Luckily, my tears had dried up already. I looked up and realized Taecyeon was the guy who had pushed and yelled at me when I was going to sign up for the cooking contest. Why? Why must it be that mean guy?!

“Chukaeh,” I held out my hand. He merely nodded, but did not extend out his hand. Embarrassed, I withdrew my hand and reached out for a sample of his dish. It looked delicious and smelt familiar. I took a big bite and gasped.

The sauce he used tasted exactly like MINE! I made the sauce myself. No one knew about my sauce. And it wasn’t possible that he had the same recipe as mine. And I lost my sauce after I went to the washroom. And most importantly, his table is next to mine.

Which means…

HE STOLE MY SAUCE.

“You thief!” I pointed a finger towards him. I wasn’t accusing him. It was true! I mean, who wouldn’t believe it is when the facts are all present?! Everyone stared at me curiously. He eyed me angrily and pulled me away.

“Yah, what are you talking about? Thief? What did I steal?” He questioned softly but sternly. I, Im Yoona, will get the truth out of you no matter what happens!

“The sauce used for your dish, it was mine, wasn’t it?” I replied, using the same tone as him.

“So? You can’t do anything now. And you left it at your table without anyone attending to it, so how would I know if it’s yours?” He smirked and left. Argh! Im Yoona you should have prepared a voice recorder!I blew a raspberry and stomped my feet in frustration. Seriously, I can’t do anything right.

The title, ‘Number 1’, should have been MINE!

*END OF FLASHBACK*

“That jerk, I hope I never see him again!” I frowned. Yuri merely nodded as she digested whatever I told her.

“You will. He’s joining the cooking competition, remember?” Yuri reminded me. Argh! I frowned at the thought of meeting him again and shivered a little, just thinking about him. But there’s something good if he joins. I can have a fair fight with him and I’ll prove to him who is the best! I grinned.

“It’s good to have some competition!” I linked arms with Yuri and we left the building.


Hello, it's me 2nyeoshidaelove. Kim Yeon Ah is just a random name I made up. It sounds like Im Yoona. xD I didn't have time to update, and Mary517's on hiatus too. Well, I'm busy with other stories so i cannot co-author with Mary517 anymore. I was supposed to not write this chapter, but I thought that since i was the co-author, i should write at least a chapter. And plus, my writing isn't half as great as her anyway! I hope you all will like this chapter anyway! And also, good luck, the next co-author! <3 Bye bye!

Note to next co-author: You don't have to write this chapter! Or unless you and Mary don't like it, then you can replace this chapter with your own.

Signing off with lots of love, 2nyeoshidaelove. <3