Chapter One

먹이는 명예심 [Feeding Ambition] -HIATUS-

Hi guys! I know...its about time!!!! xD I'm slow. I was actually suppose to have this finished earlier today...but got sidetracked with doing poster requests. hehe* Anyhoo....its almost 4 am....and I finally finished the lame first chapter. WARNING....i can't write comedy to save my laugh. XD But I hope you guys enjoy it regardless!  ^___^


Yoona's POV

As I entered the room, I was blinded by flashing lights from all directions. Stay cool and calm. Don't trip. Just smile. I smiled at the reporters and photographers that filled the room as I made my way to the podium. I hope they weren't waiting too long. Aish. You should've just straightened your hair instead of curling it. Before beginning, I bowed to everyone. A mixture of anxiousness and excitement rushed through my body as i stepped up to the podium.

I took a deep breath and spoke, "First, I would like to thank everyone for coming out to my press conference. I also want to thank those who made it possible for me to get as far as I have. I never thought that I would be here today. It's amazing enough being able to have my own restaurant, but here I am opening my 2nd one. The feeling is surreal. Kasamhamnida. I hope everyone will come and witness the ribbon cutting ceremony that will be held tomorrow at noon. I would be most grateful. And if you can't make it to the ceremony, please join us tomorrow night for our opening. It will definitely be a memorable experience. Once again, thank you!"

I bowed to everyone once more. Upon coming back up, I saw a number of hands in the air waiting to have their questions answered. It caught me off guard. Don't mess up. Don't mess up. Don't mess up. I quickly pointed to one.

"Will this one be different from your first?" inquired the reporter.

I nodded, "Yes. I'm wanting to share my own culture with a twist. With Amérique Deluxe, I was only able to showcase the things I've learned in this trade. But I want to be able to show you more than that. And with this 2nd one restaurant, I plan to. You will taste KOREA in ways you've never known."

Phew. You can do this! HWAITING! Another reporter proceeded to ask, "How will the opening of this restaurant affect your work at Amérique Deluxe?"

"It won't. I can confidently say that I have everything under control. I believe in my staff and there's nothing stopping us from being the best there is.

My nerves were long gone. Confidence radiated as I proceed to answer more questions. I was knocking question after question out of the ball park. I've never felt more pleased in my life. Muhammed Ali has nothing on me. I could beat his booty any day! My face was gleaming as I pointed at another hand.

"Do you want to get fired?"

"Huh? Can you repeat that?" I asked with a befuddled look on my face. What the heck? What kind of question is that? Does it look like I want to get fired? Wait, what the heck am I talking about? I'm the boss. It's my restaurant!

"Do you want to get fired?!"

"If you mean take a vacation, then yes, of course. Who doesn't like vacations? But the likelihood of that happening is less than zero now that I have this restaurant to manage, too." I replied with a nervous laugh.

"If you don't snap out of it, you'll be jobless!" a voiced echoed in the room.

Before I knew it, I found myself leaning on a metal island in the middle of a kitchen. WAH! It was all a dream! Don't cry Yoona. It's okay. Be strong! I turned to the head chef and apologized, "Mianhaeyo! It won't happen again!"

"It better not! The restaurant is getting busy again. Get back to work!"

I walked back to my station, only to be met by my best friend, Yuri. She looked at me with a frown, "Why do you let him talk to you like that! It's not like he can really fire us. He's just the head chef, not the boss!"

I let out an exasperated sigh, "Its not a big deal. I was daydreaming afterall."

"Psht, I think he's just looking for reasons to start things with you. You're an amazing chef, and I think he's afraid you might replace him."

I laughed at Yuri's suspicions. This girl has too many conspiracy theories, so paranoid, but I love her. "You're an awesome chef, too! Does that mean he's out to get you, too?"

"No, I'm serious. You've created some of the most popular dishes here! You need to be more confident in yourself."

I just shrugged my shoulder in response, "How's that going to change anything? I'm just happy I have a job doing what I love."

"Gosh, with that attitude, you'll never have your dream restaurant!" she shouted at me. She was right. I started pounding my head against the wall. Ow. This kinda hurts. But you deserve it! You need to be more confident! Ow. Ow. Ow...

Yuri interrupted my thoughts, "But look what I found! I think you should join."

She unfolded a piece of paper and handed it to me. I looked at it with a confused expression. "What is it?"

"Read it!"

"Do you dream of having your very own restaurant? Do you think you have the culinary skills to obtain that dream? Compete against other outstanding chefs to win $25,000 to start your own restaurant!" It took awhile before the words sunk in. "MWOH! Is this real?!"

"Yeah! Its going to be a show on the cooking channel. And I really think you should join! You would definitely win!"

I don't stand a chance. What does Yuri know! It's not like she became Korea's number one cooking guru overnight! I looked at her and hesistantly said, "I don't know. I still have bitter feelings about my last competition. And that was five years ago!"

"Awww, c'mon Yoona!!! Don't be like that! How about I join with you? It'll be fun!"

"Hmmm....that sounds tempting." Was this girl serious? She better not bail on me! I'll beat her up if she does! I'm dead serious! "Do you really mean it?

"Yeah. YoonYul Hwaiting!" she stated with a huge grin on her face.

"All right! I'll do it!" I threw my fist into the air like those anime characters always did when they were determined to do something. All of a sudden the Pokemon themesong came to mind. I want to be, the very best! Like no one ever was... OMG! Yoona! Must you be so lame! Phew! Its a good thing all this happened in my head oppose to in front of Yuri.

"Yah! Why are you singing a kids song?!" Yuri shouted at me.

OMG! How much more embarassing could I be?! Just play it off.It's not like she knows everything! Be cool. "Psht. I was just singing a chant I learned in high school. Why would I be singing a kids song? You're so silly!"

I slapped her lightly on the arm and let out a nervous laugh. She just rolled her eyes at me. Could it be that she actually believes me?! Aish, what am I thinking? Probably not, but you know what? I'm gonna pretend that she did. I take what I can get.

"Let's head down to studio where the competition is held and sign up."

"Did you not hear the head chef. Its getting busy. We have to get back to work!" I exclaimed.

"Fine! Tomorrow it is!"

I nodded my head at Yuri as I picked up the knife and started dicing away at the vegetables.

- - - - -

Stepping off the bus, I took a deep breath and linked my arm with Yuri. She was going to have to lead the way because I had no clue where the studio was at. Truth be told, I was bad with directions all around. When we got to the building, the two of us went throught their screening process which consisted of an application, interview, and resume with our culinary experience. After the interviews, Yuri and I handed everything else into the woman at the front desk. We thanked her as headed towards the front doors. As we were walking out of the front lobby doors, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally bumped into someone. I fell back onto my . Way to go! You just bumped into a stranger! Aww. My poor tooshie! I stood up and rubbed my bottom. I should apologize to the stranger. I looked up to see Yuri assisting the guy.

"YAH! Watch where you're going?!" I shouted at the guy in annoyance. Yeah. Yeah. I should be apologizing for running into him, but HE isn't worthy of my apologies! You know what? As conceited as this may sound, that pompous idiot isn't even worthy of my presence!

"YOU!" exclaimed the guy as he pointed his index finger at me.

"Yeah, that's right! ME!" I remarked with an attitude. Yuri looked lost as the two of us just glared at one another.


Anyhoo...what did you guys think so far? xP C/C Please!