Chapter Three

Memory


Waking up the next day, Taehyun was confused for a few minute on how he end up sleeping in a bed inside a room he's not familiar with. When he heard Mino humming through the living room he suddenly remembered what happened the night before. He was so sound asleep he didn't noticed the time was already late morning. 

 

Taehyun get off from his bed and went straight to the door. He twisted the knob and the smell of omelet hit him. The sweet smell lead the empty stomached man to the kitchen where he saw Mino cooking while humming a song. Mino turned off the fire and lifted the frying pan and turned his body to put the food on a plate. When he saw Taehyun, Mino smiled, " Good Morning. "

 

" I don't think it's morning anymore. " Taehyun replied with a small grin on his face as he set his eyes to the food in front of him. " Smells good. " He said as he walked briskly toward the dinning table and rest both of his hand on it. " I'm sure it will taste just as good. "  Mino responded as he carefully placed the omelet on a plate and put some rice on a bowl. He then put the bowl in front of Taehyun, " Here, eat up. " 

 

" Thank you. " Taehyun pulled a chair and sat down across form Mino and took the rice bowl as Mino sat himself down. " Arn't you going to school? " Taehyun asked. " I am. I'm in college but my classes are all in the afternoon. " answered Mino as he stuffed his cheek with food. Taehyun chuckled watching Mino, he had thought Mino resembled a chipmunk when he's eating. " You shouldn't talk when you're eating. " Mino looked up and stared at Taehyun with a confused look, " Did you says something? " Taehyun chuckled again upon seeing Mino's face, now he really looked like a chipmunk. Taehyun almost find him cute, " Nah, it's nothing... "

 

After they are done eating, Taehyun went to the living room and the TV hoping for a good thing to watch. While on it, he was deep in thought of what to do next. For now he might be sheltered under Mino's wing but after that, what?  He can't be here forever. He need a job, a place to stay and his memory back. So after Mino left for his lesson in the afternoon, Taehyun went out to the place where he was founded by Mino the night before. 

 

In day light, the street seems less empty with people passing by and the bird chipping every now and then, different from the night - where it's quiet and dull. Staring at the very spot he was laying on, Taehyun became even more curious on knowing the reasons behind it all. The longer he stared at it, the more irritated he get. He knew he wasn't the type of person to be patient that didn't take much effort to remember.

 

But as he wasted enought time to remember and failed at doing so, he returned home empty-handedly. When he enter the apartment, he saw the tidy living room transformed into a puddle of mess. As he walked toward the mountineous clothings he saw Mino, half in his room looking panic. When he catched the glance of Taehyun at the corner of his eyes, he relaxed his facial expression and walked toward him. " Welcome home, Taehyun. "

 

" Uh, yeah, hello. " Taehyun said awkwardly. " If you don't mind me asking, what happened in here? " asked Taehyun. Mino looked around the room and nodded. " Ah, you mean this mess? I was just looking for my uniform but I couldn't find it! " after that Mino started walking around the living room again, searching in the pile of cloths in the floor. " Uniform? "

 

" Yes, I've told you I'm a bartender, right? I have work in an hour but I could not find my uniform any where! " Mino groan. " I'll help you find it, what's it like? " Taehyung offered. " Oh, it's just a black vest with a red lining on the corner of it and a red tie. " 

 

Taehyun nodded and started searching around the apartment for it. He searched on his room, on the kitchen, laundry and even the bathroom, but he couldn't find it. He sigh and went out of the bathroom with his arm crossed on his chest. " I found it! " he heard Mino shouted from across the room. Taehyun walked briskly toward the source of the voice, which is Mino's room. He wanted to pushed his door but before he could even touch it, Mino pulled it from the other side and greeted Taehyun with a smiley face.

 

" Look, I found it! It was under my bed! " Mino said while keeping a happy expression on his face. He lean closer to Taehyun who was a only few centimeter shorter than him. Taehyun was taken aback by how close Mino was but never less he smiled seeing Mino being all worked up over such small thing. For him, Mino is like a small boy who is joyous over a new toy and it was cute. 

 


Ok, that was a short update. Hahaha, happy v-day, guys : ) thanks for the subs, comments and reading, I apreaciate every one of it. Much love, good bye : )