Chapter One

Memory

 

 

Mino walked down the street with an umbrella above his head, protecting him from the light shower of rain. Plugged inside his ears was a pair of white earpiece playing a hip hop beat. The street of Seoul at night was very beautiful and the sound of rain and music blend perfectly together. He wished it could last but he know nothing last forever. As he turn into a secluded corner isolated from the rest of the city, he felted a rough brush of wind hitting him. His umbrella and coat were jostled back. 

 


When the wind calmed down a few second later, he fixed himself and ruffled his hair. He continued walking but he stopped on his track a few second afterward. He saw a man laying with his back on a light pole. Mino squinted his eyes trying to see more clearly but the dim light failed him. At first he considered walking away, after all, it could be a drunkard or a drug-addict but he didn't. Instead he walked slowly toward the unconscious man. Once he's close enough to see his face, Mino immediately relaxed. The man look like nothing but healthy and well. 

 


Even so, Mino was curious on how can a man be laying on the side of a road. Maybe he was beaten? or maybe he ran away from home, either way Mino crouched down near him and tried to wake him up, if he's asleep. Mino poked his cheek and waited for a few second to see if the man in front of him react but he didn't. So, Mino poked him again and this time before he could pull away, the man in front of him rubbed his eyes and sit up slowly. Mino stared at him curiously as the man turned his head and finally noticing Mino. " Are you alright? " asked Mino, showing a little concern. " E-excuse me? " The man tried to stand up but his feet failed him. In result, he moaned in pain. Mino stood up quickly and used his hand to catch him and prevent him from falling. " Are you alright? Can you walk? " 

 


" I don't think so... " the nameless man grumbled, " my feet hurts. " Mino nodded and tried to help him up, " what's your name? How did you get here? " The nameless man went quiet for a few second, what is my name? He felt a rush of pain going through his head and it made him winched. Nam Taehyun. He thought. " Nam Teahyun... I think." Mino looked at the man who had named himself Taehyun and stared at him oddly. " What do you mean I think? "

 


" I think that's my name but... I can't remember anything else. " Taehyun frowned. " I- I can't remember...  What- where am I? " Mino tried walking him to the nearest bench and looked at Taehyun keenly, " Seoul. We're in Seoul. How did you get here? Do you remember? " Taehyun shook his head, " no. " Mino examine Taehyun's face and saw a faded bruise mark on his left cheek, was he beaten up?

 

" Would you like to go to the hospital? It's only a few minute away. " asked Mino. " Hospital? " Taehyun repeted. " I guess... There's not really any other place for me to go, anyway. " Mino nodded his head, " Do you not remember where you live or who your parent are? " 

 

Taehyun shook his head and stared down to the ground letting the feeling of somberness shadowed over his heart. " I don't know. " Mino nodded his head slowly before trying to get up while helping Taehyun on his feet as well. " Shall we go to the hospital? "