Chapter Two

Memory

 

Mino was waiting for the doctor and Nam Taehyun to enter the room. While waiting, Mino found an empty spot to stare at while twirling a pen in between his fingers. After ten minute or so, Taehyun entered the room with an aloof expression planted on his face. For someone who lose his memory and was found on the side of a street, he seems inappropriately relaxed. Mino thought he would sees Taehyun entering the room with an either bitter or sorrowful face but no. Nam Taehyun was very tranquil.

 

" So... How did it go? " asked Mino as he put down the pen he was holding. " Fine I guess... " Taehyun answered. " Oh, okay." said Mino, clearly feeling the awkwardness in the air. He stared at his fingers, fidgeting with it while thinking of a way to get rid of the awkwardness in the room. Beside him, Taehyun was busy staring at a flower at the corner of the waiting room. 

 

A few minutes later a doctor enter the room. He was wearing the typical white lab coat and a pair of thick framed glasses. To Mino, the doctor looked younger then most doctors in the hospital, in fact he thought that the doctor looked younger then him self as well. The doctor walked passed them and sit on a chair across them. He put a file he brought with him down and smiled at Mino nad Taehyun. " Hello. My name is Dr. Kim Jinwoo. " he introduced himself.

 

" So, Nam Taehyun... " he said as he read a paragraph of biodata on Nam Taehyun, " Amnesia. Dissociative Amnesia. You're having trouble recalling anything at all from the past and have a possibility to even lose it forever. However, you're lucky. You can evoke back your memories but it won't be easy. Unlike normal Amnesia, Dissociative Amnesia or DA are very hard to repair, it takes a long time to restore but still, you can recover. " explained Dr. Kim with a smile in the end of his sentences. 

 

" But doctor, do you know the cause of my memory lose? " asked Taehyun with an inquisitive look on his face. " Was he injured or something? " Mino infused. The doctor shook his head, " Nam Taehyun was beaten up, he had a bruise marks on his cheek and body but his head are perfectly fine. The cause of his memory lose however, maybe because chemical reacting inside his body. " 

 

Mino and Taehyun listened to the doctor intensely before nodding. " Chemical Reaction? " Taehyun asked. " Yes. Apparently there was a compound founded inside your body that could be a medical compound. You might had an overdose of medicine. " Dr. Kim explained. Overdose? Me? Thought Taehyun. Why would I overdosed myself? 

 

After they finish talking to Dr. Kim, he told Taehyun to meet him ever once in a month to see if he could improve his memory. After that Mino was ready to head home but a small problem arises making him stay. " Where should I go? " muttered Taehyun. He didn't know where he lived nor does he know the way around Seoul. He had his wallet with him but he know better then to spend all of his money on a small apartment. " Why don't you come home with me? "

 

" Eh? But I don't want to trouble you. You're already wasting enough time on bringing me to hospital today, I don't want to feel more indebted with you. " said Taehyun. It's true, he felted guilty taking a large amount of somebody else's time for himself. " Nah it's ok, I'm not doing much today anyway. Meeting you end my boredom anyway so it's alright. " said Mino, smiling and giving off a rowdy and joyous feeling toward Taehyun. Taehyun return back the smile and nodded, although he feel sorry he couldn't help but be thankful. 

 

On the way to Mino's house, Taehyun learned that Mino graduated form college, had a homey apartment (as he described it) and he worked as a bartender in an underground club. " Do you have a girlfriend? " asked Taehyun while walking comfortably beside Mino. " No, girls are not really the center of my interest. " answered Mino truthfully. " Oh, then... a boyfriend? Which is fine by the way. I'm open-minded about it. " 

 

Mino looked at Taehyun oddly before shaking his head and looked back in front. " Nope. I consider myself as aual. I'm not really into romance and stuff. " he answered while keeping his view on the bright lights of Seoul. " Oh, okay. " was Taehyun's simple reaction to Mino's honesty. A silence come a few second later and Mino tried to break it. " You know, I really respect your interest in me but-- "

 

" No, no. I was not asking you out. I was just... curious. " defended Taehyun while clearing his throat at the end of his sentence. " Right... " Mino muttered as he bite his upper lip and awkwardly looking around him self. After a few more minutes, a tall apartment building was seen and Mino pointed at it, " I live here. Level 21, actually. " said Mino as they enter the building and went in to the elevator leading them up to the 21st floor.

 

Mino's apartment was apartment room number 124. He described it as homey but as far as Taehyun can see, Mino's apartment was quiet a luxurious apartment. " Home sweet home. "