//Chapter 02//

Undying Love / Hiatus /

 


 


"But it can't be right, I'm not finished with this world, not yet"

~

Sobs could be herd all throughout the room. It was a nice sunny day out, but as for anybody who was at Xiumin's funeral, it was a dark goomy day. Xiumin was very close with almost every one of his reletives, so him being gone was completly hard for everyone. Especially his mother.


Xiumin's mothers sobs were the loudest and the most emotional. She sat hunched over crying into her lap. Standing in front of her, was a brightly smiling picture of Xiumin, with tons of flowers next to it. 


Just looking at the picture of Xiumin made Luhan feel depressed. He sat in a corner with his arms around his knees. He tried to stay strong for Xiumin, but it was impossible. Tears kept falling, no matter how manny times he whiped away the tears, they just kept coming.


Not only as a friend, but as someone he loved, someone he truely had feelings for. Xiumin was that person, and now he was completely gone from this world. 


~


"I hate it!" Luhan yells at his parents as they were trying to calm him down.


"We know what you're going through, and it even hurts us about what happened, but you really need to get out of the house," Luhans mother says placing a hand on Luhan's shoulder.


Luhan swipes his mothers hand away, "You have no idea what i'm going through, Don't act like you do!" he says firmly, feeling a bit angry.


His parents look to him a bit worried, "Why don't you go out and take the dog for a walk, try to get things off your mind," his father insists, trying to change the subject. 


Luhan sighs, trying to keep in his tears, "I can't believe you!" he says before storming off into his room, ignoring everything his parents just told him.


Luhan quickly walks over to his bed, and picks up a small plain brown box from underneath his bed. He lifts the lid open and takes a deep breath before taking anything out. 


The first thing he sees are a few pictures of the both him and Xiumin. He looks through all the pictures, from the oldest, to the newest. The oldest picture was taken the first time they ever met in middle school, when their parents forced them to take the picture even though the only words they had said that day was 'hello' and 'goodbye'. The newest picture was taken only a week before Xiumin passed away.


Luhan places the pictures down on the bed. He looks back into the box and picks up a key chain. It was the key chain they had exchanged on their fifteenth birthday. Luhan laughed a little remembering that they had accidently baught the same key chain. 


He continued to scrummage through the box of memories, and again tears began to fall.


~

Xiumin looks down to Luhan who seemed like he was in so much pain. He really wanted to do something so bad, but there was no possible way. Realizing he was now a gohst was the most awful feeling. He really just wanted to go back to earth, he wanted to be with Luhan.


Suddenly a bright light appeared behind Xiumin. He turned around to see where the light was coming from. It was coming from one of the roof tops of a small building a few blocks away. 


Without realizing it, Xiumin was already going towards the light. Soon enough he stood directly in front of the bight light, causing him to put an arm up to protect his eyes. The light fades, and a tall male now stood in front of him. 


"Who..are you," Xiumin says


"I'm here to take you home," the man says.


understanding the situation Xiumin backs away, "I can't, not yet," he says.


"But-" the man tries to say


"No! I still have something to tell someone. I can't go!" Xiumin says begging, "Please! Let me go back," he says.


The man looks to Xiumin blankly. He taps his chin, thinking. "So, you're up for a challenge?" the man says.


Xiumin looks up to him a bit confused, "What do you mean?" he asks.


The man smiles, "Follow me," he says gesturing Xiumin over to follow him. 


Next thing Xiumin knew, he was standing in an empty school yard, "How did we get here?" Xiumin says, then shakes his head, "Never mind. Why are we here?" he says.


The man looks over to Xiumin, and puts a hand on his shoulder, "You'll see," he says.


After a few minutes of waiting passes, suddenly something happens. A group of high school students appear. They stop, pushing one of the guys down onto the ground. 


Xiumin looks to the man worried, "We should help him," he says.


The man shakes his head, "What happens, happens for a reason," he says.


"Then why did you help me? If-" Xiumin says stopping realizing that the man could take away Xiumin's chance of meeting Luhan again.


The man nods, "thats true, why did I help you?" he says sighing, "But did it ever occor to you that your plan may not even work out, you could be doing this all for nothing," the man says shrugging. 


Xiumin looks down realizing that may be the possible outcome, but he suddenly gets a spark of confidence, "I'm pretty sure it will work out," he says crossing his arms.


The man nods, then gestures forward for Xiumin to look back at the high schoolers. 


The guy on the ground was tring his best to fight back, but everything he tried just made it worse. He was getting kicked, and punched to the point of bleeding. 


"We need to stop this!" Xiumin yells looking to the man.


"Just a moment," the man says with his finger in the air, "and....Now," 


Xiumin looks ahead realizing the guys had stopped hurting the guy on the ground. They leave as if nothing even happended. 


The man walks gesturing over to the guy on the ground. When they get close enough to the guy, they could tell he was in pretty bad shape.


"What do you think?" the man says holding his arm out towards the guy on the ground.


"What do you mean!" Xiumin says confused.


"I'm letting you go back to earth," the man says.

 

"Really! But, what does this guy has to do with this?" Xiumin asks curious.

 

The man tilts his head, "I'm letting you go back, but not as yourself, but as someone else," the man says.

 

"What!? Why can't I use my body?" Xiumin says.

 

"Because your body is to damaged to use, nevertheless its impossible to get when its ten feet under," the man says.

 

"that's right," Xiumin says realizing the situation, "but..this guy is-"


"Don't say it." The man says. "Anyways, perfect right." He says sarcastically.


Xiumin scratches his head, "I guess," he says a bit unsure.


"Look now, this is no time to be picky, right," the man says.


Xiumin nods, eyes widened, 'Your right," he says stopping for a minute, "but, why him?" he asks a bit curious.


The man sighs, "That, I can not tell you, but you may find out soon," he says.


Xiumin nods, "well, i'm ready," he says.


The man nods.


~


"How do I look?" Xiumin asks.


"Beat up," the man says laughing.


"Ha-Ha, very funny," Xiumin says.


Suddenly the man grabs Xiumins hand, "You have exactly three weeks," the man says as three dots appear on Xiumins palm."Once the sun sets on the last day, its over, and every time one of these dots dissapear that means a week has passed, understand?" the man says.


Xiumin nods sternly.


"Also, your name, its Kim Jongdae, but most people he knows call him Chen. You're in your last year of high school, and-" the man says before Xiumin cuts in.


"Why are you telling me this? Remember i'm only doing this for Luhan, not this guys body," Xiumin says.


The man shrugs, "you never know if this information will come in handy, just saying," the man says.


"But-" Xiumin begins


"Oh look at the time, I really should be heading back. Good luck!" the man says before leaving.


"But, Wait!" Xiumin yells, but its to late because the man was already gone.


~


Xiumin walks into a bathroom nearest to where he was. He wanted to see if this whole change thing was actually real. With a huge surprise, Xiumin practically fell to the ground, realizing how real everything was. Indeed this was a new face, and body. Something Xiumin definantly didn't feel comfortable with.


Xiumin smiled, doing a small fist pump, "No, this is for Luhan. I can do this!," he says still looking in the mirror. "But, first I should go get cleaned up, " he says.


~

Xiumin walks into a small luxury clothing store, meeting face to face with what looked like a store employee. The employee looks at Xiumin with weird disbelief. 


"I think your at the wrong store student." The employee says awkwardly, "and I think you should get those cuts on your face checked out."


That's right, Xiumin thinks remembering that this guys body had just went through a fight, "actually," Xiumin says pulling out the old wallet that belonged to Jongdae's body, hoping he was a little rich, "I think I'm at the right store," he says noticing he had quiet a lot of money in the wallet, "and yes, I should get these cuts checked out, but first I will buy some clothes," Xiumin says feeling accomplished with his answer. 


The employee nods, letting Xiumin go pass.  


Xiumin quickly picks some clothing and goes to the check out. 


The employee lifts their eyebrow, "that was quick," she says.


"Yeah, I'm kinda in a hurry," Xiumin says. I kind of have some life changing things to do, Xiumin thinks to himself. 


The employee nods, "May I see your license, that is if your old enough," she says.


Xiumin nods, "No problem," he says pulling out Jongdae's license.


"So, the names Kim Jongdae," the employee says.


"Jongdae? Oh yeah, that's right," Xiumin says almost forgetting again that he was Jongdae now.


"Here," the employee says handing back the license and the bag of clothing to Xiumin. Xiumin slightly nods, then quickly leaves the store.


~


Xiumin walks out of a local bathroom looking clean, and good as new, in his new clothes. He wore some black skinny jeans, with a stripped long sleeve shirt, topping with a plane black beanie. Looking in the mirror, Jongdae didn't look to bad in what Xiumin bought, almost looked better than Xiumin himself. 


Xiumin walks out of the building he changed in at. He scratches his head trying to think of ideas of how to get Luhan to believe it was him in the first place, but something else popped into his head. Where he was going to sleep tonight.


"That's right, I practically used all my money of these clothes, I can't even afford to stay at a hotel," he says feeling down, but suddenly thinks of an idea, "the sauna? Yeah I'll just-" 


"Chen?! Is that you?"  

 

 


A/N: Hey guys, I would of posted this earlier, but due to something, I wasn't realy feeling to good to update. Anyways here it is.

Sorry for any mistakes.