//Chapter 01//

Undying Love / Hiatus /

 


 

 Xiumin was in love, in love with his bestfriend Luhan. The way Luhan smiled happily when they were together, the way he talked, even when he wasn't talking to Xiumin, the way he'd flip his hair occasionally, the way he would sweat after a long days of soccer practice, and just the way Luhan looked at him, were just a few reasons why Xiumin was in love, but what he didn't know was that Luhan loved him right back. Sadly for Xiumin he was never given the chance to tell Luhan how he felt, and Luhan never got the chance either. 

 

They were torn apart by fate. The kind of fate everyone hated. The kind of fate that kills a person, literally. 

 

~

Luhan woke up bright and early. He got ready as planned, then began to leave. Just the night before Xiumin texted Luhan to meet at there base, at least thats what they called it. Rather than a base, it was more like a small old rundown apartment building that was abandoned years before, and what Xiumin and Luhan claim as there own. 

 

They would always meet at the bottom floor, then work ther way up to the higher floors as they would talk about the most random things, such as 'what they had for lunch' or 'which movie they should go see some time'. To be honest, Luhan hated the top floor, he is scared of hights, so top floors aren't his thing, but as for Xiumin, he loved it. He loved the fresh air hitting his face, and the way it felt like he was flying when it was a windy day. 

 

Today was especially windy, so Luhan new the top floor was a must today, knowing getting to the top floor was probably Xiumin's first priority that day. 

 

When Luhan had gotten there, Xiumin was not there yet. On most occasions Luhan was always early and Xiumin would come about ten to twenty minuets latter, which didn't harm Luhan in any way. Today though, Xiumin was especially late.

 

"Its a record!" Luhan says playfully jabbing his fists towards Xiumin. 

 

Xiumin tries to catch his breath, "yeah', he says laughing, "I woke up a bit latter today, sorry about that. I'm here now though," Xiumin says happily joking. 

 

Luhan nods, then gestures for Xiumin to follow him, "let's go to the top," Luhan says.

 

Xiumins eyes widen a little, "really, you've never insisted to go up there before," Xiumin says with disbelief. 

 

 Luhan shakes his head, "yeah, but I'm in a good mood today, and its a windy day. Your favorite!" Luhan says smiling, then turning towards the building.

 

when both Luhan and Xiumin reach the top, they both happily run to the edge. Luhan backs away a bit, feeling his stomach start to spin. Xiumin leans over the edge looking down into the empty yard, then smiles. Luhan walks back to the center, and lays down on his back looking into the sky. They both are silent for a while doing there own thing. Today was windy, yet it felt so pleasant. 

 

Luhan looked to Xiumin, and lay there admiring him. Xiumin had his hands out in the air, and flailed them back and fourth happily. All Xiumin could think about was Luhan. They were both distracted in there thoughts about each other, they lost track of time. 

 

Being with Luhan was probably one of the best times Xiumin has ever had. Being able to spend time with the person you care a lot for, the person you love was one of the greatest feelings in the world. Xiumin sighed cheerfully, then continued to look out into the distance. 

 

The sudden sound of a phone ringing caught both Xiumin and Luhan's attention, causing both of them to glance at their cell phones. Luhan nods to Xiumin, gesturing to him that it was Luhan's phone that was ringing. Xiumin nods, then turns back ahead. Luhan answers the call. 

 

With the way Luhan was reacting to the caller, Xiumin knew that it must of been Luhan's mother, or other close relative. With a few more smiles, and laughs, Luhan finally hangs up, putting his cell phone back into his pocket.

 

"Xiumin..," Luhan begins saying as he starts to stand up and walk over next to Xiumin. Xiumin looks over and nods. "I have to go," Luhan says smiling.

Xiumin scratches his neck, "oh, what is it?" He says looking away from Luhan.

"Some of my cousins are here in town for the day," Luhan says putting his hand on Xiumin's back.

Xiumin looks over smiling, "okay, you should go then," he says.

Luhan nods, then pats Xiumin on the back a few times before leaving back down.

 

Xiumin looks back to Luhan who's back was facing him. Luhan walks steadily ahead, but hesitates before leaving down the steps. Luhan stops and looks back to Xiumin one more time before leaving. Luhan puts one hand in the air, and smiles waving goodbye. Xiumin smiles waving back, "don't get to scared on your way down," he says quickly watching as Luhan turns away again. 

 

When Luhan was completely gone Xiumin sighs, laughing a little, and looks down to the ground. Didn't expect it would hurt that much seeing Luhan leave like that, Xiumin thinks to himself. 
 

 

Luhan was never the type to leave when ever Xiumin and him would hang out. Again, Luhan would get those occasional calls from family, or other friends, but they were never important enough for Luhan to leave. It's not that it bothered Xiumin, maybe it did...

 

Xiumin moves away from the edge of the building and sighs. He walks over to the stairs and starts to head down.

~

Luhan walks up to his front door step and places his hand on the knob. He stops when he hears the laugher of his cousins insides. He takes a breath then opens the door.

 

"Luhan!" Is the first thing Luhan hears walking through the front door. Luhan looks ahead to see his small cousin Kae running up to him. She grabs Luhan's legs and snuggles with them for a few seconds before letting go. 

 

Luhan bends down to Kae, "it's been a while, hasn't it," he says softly patting Bae on the head before standing up again. Luhan looks around to find two familiar faces. His two older cousins were standing in the kitchen. 

 

Luhan smiles, then walks over and puts his arms around both of his cousins necks, "so where's auntie," Luhan says feeling a bit curious about how his aunt was doing.

One of his cousins looks over and sighs, "she's been tired lately," he says.

"That's why we came, to give her a rest," the other cousin says.

Luhan nods understanding the situation, "well, why don't we go get some food," he says pointing to the door. 

~

Xiumin slowly gets to the bottom of the building. He usually took his time going down the building just to mess around with Luhan, but this time it was different. It felt lonelier, it didn't feel right. It was actually the first time Xiumin has ever walked down the building by himself. 

 

Xiumin kicked a few rocks, feeling a bit ashamed for the way he was feeling. Xiumin sighs, He and Luhan have been friends for as long as he could remember, and his feelings for him to. Maybe it was time to tell Luhan the truth, the truth about his feelings. 

~

Luhan waved goodbye to his three cousins as they drove off down the street. Luhan sighs happily, "today was great!" He says walking back towards his front door. Being able to spend the day with his cousins, also spending time with Xiumin made his day even better. He tapped his cheek, it would of been better if he got to spend more time with Xiumin though. 

 

Luhan quietly walks into his room and lays down on his bed. He pulls out a random magazine from under his bed, and flips through the pages. Suddenly a picture falls out. It was a picture of Xiumin and Luhan in middle school. Xiumin had strait black hair, with bangs that almost covered his eyes. Luhan had longish black hair. They both showed a peace sign with their fingers. Luhan giggles, remembering the past. 

 

Luhan puts the magazine down, still holding the picture in his hand. He grabs his cell phone feeling the need to call Xiumin. 

 

Luhan calls him a few times, but he doesn't answer. Luhan shrugs, then looks to his watch, "it's not that late, he shouldn't be sleeping, right?" He says scratching his chin.

~

Xiumin feels a cool breeze run pass his face. He shivers a little bit. "Why am I still out anyways," Xiumin says under his breath. Suddenly he feels his cell phone vibrate in his pocket. He takes it out and sees that Luhan is calling him, but before he could answer he feels something run past his leg causing him to fall a little, making his cell phone fall into the street.

 

Xiumin sighs, getting himself up. He feels a slight pain in his ankle. He goes to grab his ankle for support but notices his cell phone in the street is continuously going off. 

 

He slowly and not so steadily walks over to his cell phone, "okay, I'm coming Luhan," he says bending down to pick up the phone.

 

But right as Xiumin touches the phone, he sees the bright lights of car. His first intention is to move out of the way, but why wasn't his body moving. It's like he was frozen, and suddenly his life flashed before his eyes. Every single little memory, every single feeling he has felt in his entire life, just replayed before his eyes. 

He didn't feel a thing.

~

The sound of a heart beat played over and over in his head, but suddenly stopped without a single word.

It finally hit him, he was gone. Gone for good, gone forever. 

"But it can't be right, I'm not finished with this world, not yet"

 


A/N: yo! First new chapter is up! This isn't even the begining, it gets interesting.....

anyways thanks for your guys support!

sorry for any mistakes