First Outing

No Gravity for Falling in Love

Yifan jolted on his bed and then hold his head when suddenly dizziness attacked. Yifan spent his time massaging his head while trying to listen to his surroundings. And after once again he heard sound of glass crashing, Yifan forced himself out of bed and walked to kitchen, where he suspected the noise coming from.

“What are you doing actually?” Yifan leaned his body on the wall, staring to the male-who-pronounced-he-was-an-angel-yesterday picking broken glass up on floor. “Yesterday, you woke me up with your creepy staring. And today, which is freaking Saturday, you woke me up once again, by breaking my ware. For your future information angel, we, humans have to sleep enough.”

“Like beauty sleep?”

“Who told you that?” Yifan frowned when he saw Yixing picking up the glass with bare hand. “Don’t you have a wand or something that you can sway it and fix this instantly, instead picking them up with your own hand?”

Yixing raised his eyebrows, confused. “Wand? What wand?”

“Wand? For magic? Like harry potter? Abracadabra?”

“It’s witchery! Sorcery! And we are forbidden to do that!”

“But you have skills like that, right? Like you can just cast a spell or sing a song or—whatever, something to fix all these?” Yifan asked. “Will you stop that?! You will hurt yourself.” Yifan growled when he saw Yixing’s hand still picking the shattered glass on the floor.

“I can fix it in a flash.” Yixing looked at Yifan expectantly. “You won’t mind if I do that?”

Yifan sighed. “On second thought, no, I do mind actually. Now, don’t touch anything! I’ll be back.” Yifan turned around and left, leaving Yixing stunned while crouching down in front of shards of glass. Next minute, Yifan came back with an old rag and a broom in one hand while dust pan in the other hand.

“Now, move aside!” Yifan put the things on the floor and then grabbed Yixing’s wrist. He pulled Yixing away from the mess then went back to clean it up. “Now tell me what are you doing here so early? It’s Saturday morning and yet you can’t leave me to sleep in peace.”

“I—I—I—“ Yixing hesitated.

“I won’t get mad, just tell me.”

Yixing whispered, “I want to make you a coffee.”

“But you don’t know how to make it?!” Yifan drew a conclusion from the mess in front of him.

Yixng shrugged. “I saw you made it yesterday.”

Yifan chuckled. He put the glasses in the garbage can, and then with broom, old rag and dust pan in his grip, Yifan disappeared again. Minutes later, Yifan came back. He sat on nearest chair, motioned Yixing to sit in front of him and then leaned forward to reach for the angel’s hands.

“Geez, your hands are cold. But, you didn’t hurt yourself, great!” Yifan said after flipping Yixing’s hands up and down, checking on them. “I’ll teach you how to make coffee, but not now. I want to go outside, but after I finish my sleep. So now I need you to keep quiet until I wake up—“ Yifan lifted his head and looked at clock on wall. “—two hours later. Can you do that?”

Yixing nodded.

“You can wake me up in two hours!” Yifan stood up, but then sighed. “But this time please try not to wake me by doing another scene. Okay?”

Yixing nodded once again.

Yifan squinted at Yixing from head to toe. “And you need to change your gown!”

“It’s not a gown.” Yixing made a face. “This is our uniform. And this is not a gown. We don’t wear gown as uniform.”

Yifan chuckled. “I still prefer you wear something less sophisticated than that. We can work it out. After—“ Yifan stopped and put emphasis in his next words, “—I wake up. Before that, you can do everything you want as long as you don’t disturb my sleep! Okay?”

A blinding smile answered Yifan’s request. It succeeded making Yifan slumbered back to his sleep with Yixing’s beautiful trademark dimple staying in his mind.

Three hours later, Yifan was already wake and ready to go outside. “Yixing, are you ready?” Yifan shouted while pocketing his wallet and cellphone.

“I am here,” Yixing shouted from the front.

After finding his keys, Yifan stepped to the front, but couldn’t find any sign of Yixing’s presence. Yifan once again called for the angel.

“Yes?”

Yifan jerked by surprised. “! YIXING!”

“Yes?” Yixing tilted his head cutely, didn’t realize that Yifan only could see his upper part of his body, waist to head (and still wearing that stupid white gown). The rest of Yixing’s body was disappearing behind the door. And that sight managed to shock the giant.

“!” Yifan reached forward and grabbed Yixing’s wrist. He pulled Yixing and stumbled backward to the floor, pulling the angel’s cold body into his embrace in the process. “Do not do that anymore!” Yifan scoffed. “And what the hell is wrong with your body? It’s cold!”

“What?” Yixing lifted his head confusedly, couldn’t understand why Yifan was infuriated. “What did I do? My body isn’t cold. Your body is too warm comparing to mine.”

“You moved through the door. Half of your body was in, while other half disappeared. You cannot do that! It’s not normal for human. It horrifies me.”

Still sitting close to Yifan, Yixing chuckled. “I’m sorry.” He used to fly through solid things and quite forgot that Yifan could see him and naturally that sight frightened every normal human being.

“Don’t do that anymore!”

Yixing pouted, but nodded anyway. “So much don’t.”

“Now I can see you, we can’t help it.” Yifan took a deep breath, realized having so many things to adapt with situation between them. “Why are you still wearing that dress?”

“It’s not dress!” Yixing pouted.

“I know. But why you still wearing that?”

“Do I have to change my uniform?” Yixing pulled his body, creating distance between Yifan’s body and his, making the taller somehow feeling lost by that. “I mean, you’re the only one who can see me?!”

“So no one can see you beside me?” Now that Yixing was no longer close to his body, Yifan crossed his legs and straightened his back. “You don’t have any mortal body?”

“Mortal body?”

“Yes, mortal body. A body you can use so everyone can see you.”

“You want me to get everyone touch my book?” Yixing surprised.

“NO!” Yifan laughed, amused by his funny expression. “I only want you to be visible, so I won’t be considered as insane when I talk with invisible you in public. Can you do that?”

“I—“ Yixing knitted his eyebrows. “I—don’t—know?”

Yifan sighed. “Then we cancel going outside?”

“NO!” Yixing responded quickly. “I can’t let your life be bothered by me.”

“But as my guardian angel, you also can’t leave me.”

Yixing silenced, leaving Yifan smiled, entertained by the former’s frozen thinking pose. “You know, if you’re really that bothered, then that’s okay. I won’t ask for it anymore. You can stay the way you are. But I cannot talk with you in public.”

Yixing looked so perplexed. “Okay?!”

“Now!” Yifan rose from the floor and then helped Yixing stood up. “Let’s go!”

“Where are we going?”

“First of all, we have to change that outfit before—“ Yifan stopped talking the moment he heard knocking on his front door. “Yes?”

“Hyung!” The man outside answered him.

Yifan opened his door and smiled wide when he saw tanned young man stood in front of his door with two Starbuck paper cups in his grip. “Wow~ so now your bar provides delivery service?”

“Nope!” Jongin pushed one of the paper cups to Yifan’s nose. “It’s my why-didn’t-you-show-up-last-night-even-though-it’s-Friday-night-you’re-an-idiot-hyung-service.”

“Well, thank you!” Yifan took the paper cup and promptly closed the door. But Jongin stemmed with his hand before he managed to close it. “You called me idiot.”

Jongin grinned. “But I love my idiot hyung!”

“You’re more idiot than I am.” Yifan frowned. “What are you doing here?”

“Let’s have quality bonding time!” Jongin beamed.

“No?” Yifan jerked in disgust. “No thank you!”

Jongin kicked Yifan’s shin. “Come on hyung! We almost haven’t seen each other for a month.”

“I’m busy.”

“I know. So, ditch your sleeping-staying-and-eating-like-a-log-schedule and go outside with me! Come on, hyung! I only have—“ Jongin ducked down and stared at his watch. “—six hours. I need to open my bar later.”

“What are you doing here actually?”

Jongin smirked. “Annoying my favorite hyung?!”

Cranky, Yifan flicked on Jongin’s forehead. “I hate you but consider you’re lucky because actually before you came here I was getting ready to go outside. So, let’s go, stupid dongseng!” Yifan stepped outside and turned around to lock his door. He paused and stared straight to Yixing’s eyes. “You’re coming right?”

“What do you mean? Of course I’m coming with you, hyung!” Jongin answered from behind, not realizing the question wasn’t addressed exactly to him. “That’s the reason I’m here, to spend quality bonding time with you!”

“Stop saying quality bonding time! Hearing it came out from your mouth grossed me out!” Yifan rolled his eyes.

“I’m coming.” Yixing approached Yifan, understood that the question was actually directed to him. “I’m your guardian angel. I always have to be with you.”


Author’s note : I’m sorry for take long time to update this. I met my long lost friend: Writer’s Block. So yeah! /sigh/

Kisses and hugs to HarukaNaru for being my proof reader. You’re my savior babe. And also for fy-krislay.tumblr.com for the pic above.

Once again, English is not my first language. Comments, subs and upvotes are welcomed with open arms. I love you and ciao guys~