Prologue

No Gravity for Falling in Love

Yifan always said that he was a simple man, living a simple life and hoping for happy and meaningful and yet a simple future. But Yifan also managed to make Lu Han gagged every time he stated that.

“Yifan-er, for the umpteenth time I tell you, you are so not living a simple life.” Lu Han said while pulling over in front of Yifan’s house. “You are a surgeon for Jongin’s abs. A surgeon cannot have a simple life. And just because you have a house in suburb area, surrounded by elders, parents and children, it doesn’t mean you have a simple life, Yifan-er.”

Yifan unbuckled his seat belt and then turned his body to grab his things from the back seat. “Who says a surgeon cannot have a simple life?” He asked with frown on his face.

“Your schedule does.” Lu Han simply answered. Then he explained further, “Three days ago, you flew to Seoul, assisted your favorite professor in his lectures for three days and then boarded the last train because tomorrow you still have a surgery schedule here. So yeah, for your own information, Yifan-er, you are so not living a simple life. Now get out! Tomorrow is my day off; I want to go drink at Jongin’s bar.”

“I hate you.” Yifan hissed while opened the door.

“No, you’re not.” Lu Han smirked. “You love me enough that if you didn’t see me for a day you’ll have headache. That’s the reason why we ended up here together in Daegu.”

“NO!” Yifan revolted. “You stalked me here! I never told you I was going to apply here, but you’re here! You followed me here!”

"Tsk!" Lu Han clicked his tongue. “You’re so noisy. It’s already late. We don’t want your beloved neighbors bothered by your voice, right?”

“You—“

Lu Han grinned playfully. “Do you need me to pick you up tomorrow? Your car is still in repair, I haven’t had time to pick it up.”

Yifan raised his eyebrow. “I thought tomorrow is your day off?” Yifan stepped out of the car but still holding the opened door.

“Yes, but I can pick you up if you want to.” Lu Han shrugged. “Just give me a wakeup call and I’ll be there in front of your house to drive you anywhere you want.”

“And you’ll gonna ask for high price for that.” Yifan chuckled. “No thanks. You can go to Jongin’s bar and get wasted. I can use taxi. Or bus. Or anything. You can sleep all day tomorrow.”

“Well, okay then. Bye~” Lu Han pushed his body forward and startled Yifan by closing the passenger door by himself. He honked twice then drove his car away, leaving Yifan stood alone in front of his house, in the middle of the night, smiling for his best friend’s antic.

Yifan had heard about Lu Han before he knew he was assigned as the latter’s new roommate. Everyone in their medical school knew the exchange student that was granted with scholarship. Lu Han was also famous because of his feminine look. But too bad, no one give Yifan a warning that the Chinese doe-eyed guy had mischievous mind.

Aside from his mischievous side, Lu Han actually was a good boy. Like this night, despite being tired working all day in hospital, he still picked Yifan from train station. Since they met, Lu Han always stayed with Yifan, in good or bad (their friends used to call them married couple for always stick together). Even though Yifan was still surprised when he almost heard nothing from him after their graduation and then suddenly two months later saw him introduced himself as the new internist with big grin on his face in their hospital. Since that time he already accepted his fate as Lu Han’s favorite person (based on Lu Han’s POV) slash victim (based on their other friends’ POV).

Yifan reached into his pocket, searching for the key to his house. At that time, he was distracted by a small black book lying on the ground, almost hidden under the small plant that Yifan could never able to mention its name. Yifan took and observe it. “A Celestial Guide of Guardian Angel?” Yifan read the title with knitting eyebrows. Yifan opened the book but nothing was there, only blank white pages, except the first page. Yifan read it, “Belongs to Zhang Yixing. Who is this Zhang Yixing?”

Realizing wouldn’t remember anything when he was tired; Yifan pocketed the book into his suit and then opened the door. He tossed his bag on the couch and walked to the dining table with black plastic bag on his hand. He took off his suit and put it on chair next to him. Yifan sat, folded his sleeves and then enjoyed his spicy chicken wings Lu Han bought for him before.

After a while, Yifan stood, tired but stuffed. He cleared up the table and then walked to bathroom. And passed out thirty minutes later when he walked outside of his bathroom and found a man in white gown (Yifan thought he once saw that white garment, but he couldn’t recall where) stood at his kitchen with huge wings expanded so wide that it reached the room from side to side. “Yeah, Lu Han’s right. I need to reduce my schedule.” was Yifan’s final words before he passed out.