Chapter 3

Nothing More,Nothing Less

A/N : Okay,I'm just going to continue the whole story in Choi Dana's POV coz..I just want to xD I feel comfortable writing in first person lol.But,I will switch over to Luhan's or any other person's POV in the future when needed.Okay,enjoy ! ^^


Choi Dana's POV:

I hated my own life at that moment.

"..Miss?"A voice interrupted my thoughts.Luhan's voice was ringing into my ears.

"Do you have any grape juice?Or perhaps some iced tea?My girlfriend can't really handle wine well,"He emphasized on 'girlfriend'.Phew.Seemed like he didn't know it was me.Was it because I wore my hair differently?Then again,I was wearing my work clothes the other day.

I nodded in response and headed back to the kitchen,requesting for a glass of iced tea.

Heading back out,I offered his girlfriend the iced tea,which she hesitated to drink.We met eyes at that moment.

Shoot.

It was her.

The daughter of that stupid head of Woolim College,Yeo Meili.

Don't get me wrong,I have absolutely NOTHING against her.It was her father that I hated.

She was so beautiful and was so kind towards me when we first met.Most rich girls would brag about their wealth and bodies and whatnot,but this girl,she was just so pure and so friendly.She didn't talk about her wealth at all.She never even once mentioned about money in our conversation.The only thing she actually talked to me about was her boyfriend.It sounded so nostalgic when I heard about her boyfriend,but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Now I know who it turned out to be.

"Oh?"She pointed at me,with her ever-so bright face.

It stung.She definitely recognised me.

The next thing I knew,I was pulled into a hug.

"Oh my gosh!You're back!I missed you so much!"Cue the squealing and fangirling.

I wanted to hug her back,but I realized something.Or rather,2 things.

1.I was holding a tray full of glasses.If I hugged her then there would be a red hot mess on her.

2.Luhan was right in front of me and we met eyes.

Okay,that was 3 things and it definitely did not make me feel better.She let go after 3-5 seconds of strangling hugging me.The crowd stared silently.
As if it was the first time,though.

Keeping my cool,I faced her with my outmost calmest expression ever.

Grinning ,"It's nice to see you again,Meili-ssi.I forgot you're a student here."

I had to be polite.And put on an act,especially in front of her boyfriend,who still had not caught up on who I was.I just realised she was still holding onto my hand with her sparkling eyes.It felt like I was the master and she was the puppy.

Luhan and I met eyes again.That's when I realized I had to let go of Meili's hand.

"Well then,I'll get going first."I turned my back on her,without looking back.I knew I felt guilty about it,but it just kind of had to be done.It was the first time I ever hated attention.Meili only stared as me until I entered the kitchen.

I wanted to go out,but I was scared,I wanted to earn some cash,but I was scared.I was now scared of people.Scared of society.What would they think when they saw someone like me,a drop-out,serving wine to some snobby rich prince and princesses.But I knew I had to face that eventually.The party was ending,people were perspiring,the kitchen ran out of food.All that was left was to serve the last few glasses of wine to them and I'd be done.I would be out of this place and never come back.

Kris observed me with his hawk eyes.Taking a deep breath,I entered back out to the big room and walked through the crowds of people.

Suddenly,I felt a flick on the side of my head.

"Here's your pay.Now,you can either stay to clean up this place or you can just leave.I'll be somewhere else not caring,"I sighed at his comment.I pity his parents for ever raising such a handsome child but has a really bad personality.

Receiving my pay,I decided to head back immediately,ignoring the fact that I was wearing a skimpy waitress uniform.Just as I was about to leave,I heard music.To be precise,music coming from the grand piano.Slightly turning my head,I tried to listen.The melody was getting familiar.As I stepped closer,I realised it was the song I used to play for practices.A soft and sweet song,"Crying With Longing,".

Moving closer to the grand piano,not even seeing the pianist,I softly sang the lyrics to the song.Gradually,my voice got louder as I poured my entire feelings into the whole song.

"I don't think I can ever do it
Having to empty all of you out from me
I can't even understand myself being like this
Because of you, who sharply pokes me"

As I wholeheartedly finished the song,I let out a big sigh of happiness.Yes,I thought,I haven't lost my touch.But then I realised,the pianist.I must've been disturbing his short recital as I swiftly apologised.As his fingers dispersed from the piano keys,he stood up,revealing his identity.

I'd be lying if I had said I was surprised for the nth time though.Giving my utmost fakest smile ever,I greeted him.

"Long time no see,Jerk-."