Chapter Nineteen

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

;chapter nineteen;

Hayoung's POV

 

It had been 5 minutes since the four us had been just standing there and staring at each other. I could literally feel my heart trying to break my ribcage. 
I glanced at Luhan from the corner of my eyes, and believe me, I could see the cold-sweats rolling down him forehead. Seeing him nervous, made me more nervous. 

I lowered my head and shifted my gaze towards the giant that has been standing at the entrance of the door while boring holes at my small innocent frame. 
I thinned my eyes at him and mouthed 'what are you guys doing here?' but after getting no reply, I awkwardly cleared my throat. 

Okay so the silence was killing me. Can someone please speak? I think I'll just go deaf. Guess I need to do the talking after all. 

" Uh Mei. " Just as I was about to speak, Luhan spoke up causing me to shut my mouth. I must've looked like a creep who just ate air. Okay no time for joking now because the next thing I knew was Mei Li charging towards me and pulling my hair. 

" You ! How could you do this! How could you cheat on my brother with my boyfriend! " Mei Li yelled as  pulled my hair backwards  with all the strength she had. I winced while shutting my eyes closed. Out of reflex, my hands shot up and pushed her by the shoulders causing her to fall on the ground with a loud 'thud'. 

And the room went silent for the second time. Both the males were staring at me with wide eyes while I kept staring at Mei Li with my eyes big as saucers. And Mei Li..she was just...staring at the ground with her bangs covering her eyes.  I could see her fists clenching and unclenching which was scaring the living hell out of me. She was going to punch me for sure and I was surely going to end up becoming a toothless 17 years old teen. All the dreams my mother dreamt of my wedding would be shattered.  

Mei Li stood up while holding the walls for support. She brushed off her bangs from her eyes with the back of her hand. I could see her eyes turning red from anger and...tears? She was like ..crying? This is the first time in my whole 17 years seeing Mei Li cry. She never cries in front of others. Like never. 

I looked at her with curious eyes while my heart was drumming my ribcage. What is she going to do now? She started to talk slow steps towards me. My muscles clenched anticipating the next move she's going to make towards me. But before she could come any closer, Kris stepped between us. He held Mei Li's shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. " Don't." was all he said. 

Mei Li looked at her brother with helpless eyes before she nodded. She turned her head towards my direction and her expression completely changed as it got replaced by  this-is-not-the-end expression.  I gulped as I blinked innumerable times.  

" Look it was hi- "  " Shut up Hayoung.  " I was about to explain the whole situation but Kris beat me to it. He asked me to shut up. Okay. 

Kris wrapped one of his arm around Mei Li's shoulder before leading her towards the door. Mei Li gave me one last death glare and whispered the word '' before leaving the classroom with her giant brother by her side.  Okay it was like normal for Mei Li not believing me. I mean she's always like 'despised' me since childhood. But I didn't expect for the jerk to act like this towards me. I know we're not really in good terms and always tease each other, but after living with me for nearly 3 months, he should know that I'm not 'that' kind of girl.  If I really wanted to steal Luhan, why would I ask him to pretend my boyfriend any ways? So much for showing his 'smartness' for once.  

I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair locks. I looked to my side with a bored expression and saw a lifeless-looking deer staring at me with his doe-like eyes. " What?" I asked him glumly. " After causing all these drama, are you still not satisfied?" I crossed my arms and tilted my head to the side, looking at him arrogantly.  

" Look I didn't mean to- " " Yes right. You don't mean to do anything but you just do it." I cut him off before he could make his usual lame excuses. 
" I don't want to ever see your face again so please stay away from me and my business. Thanks." I spat before leaving the classroom and closing the door loudly. 


 

 


As soon as I walked out of the school building, I was met by the dark cloudy weather and the cold breeze which gave me chills. I guess I really have some sort of relationship with the weather. It's as if, it always knows how to make my already worst day worse.  Well thank you weather, you just made my day ...worse.

I glumly walked through the busy road as people passed by me in a flash. My life got so dramatic lately.  Everyone must

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter