Chapter Twelve

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

;chapter twelve;

Hayoung's POV

 

I kept walking slowly through the corridors heading for the classroom.

Ugh how can I face the jerk. I am so freakin' sure the moment I see him I'll transform to my precious state of a tomato. I really shouldn't have gone to wake him up today. 

I entered the classroom and I headed towards my seat. I could feel all the glares and stares I was getting from my classmates. Yeah, yeah, they still think that I was a monster and I tried to eat their precious Holy food, Kris. A life - that was what they needed the most.

I sat down on my seat and I opened the book I had in my hand and started reading it... more like staring at it since the last thing I wanted to do was to make eye-contact with my classmates.

I heard whispers all round me. There were these two girls with faces caked with 3 inches of makeup whispering aloud purporsely for me to hear. 

"Look, the monster came." one of them said.

"Yeah, it looks like the monster did some makeup today to hide her ugly face." the other replied.

"Yep. Guess she finally realized how scary she is." and with that, they broke into laughter.

I clentched on the book I was reading tightly. How could they say such things? I held in the tears that were welling up in my eyes. I was going to be strong. I didn't care what they say. They were no one to hurt me. I was alone here and I have myself with me. 

After the bell rang, everyone went back to do their own business. I finally relaxed. I was already feeling so tired even though school had just barely begun.

I saw Kris entering the classroom with his usual I'm-so-cool aura. As soon as he entered, he looked in my direction and we made eye-contact. I quickly looked away as I really didn't want to get involved with him at school. That was because I didn't want to be the target of the bullies. It wasn't like I was really weak and fragile, it was just that they were always large in number whereas I was the only one having no one to stand up and fight for me. 

As I thought of this, I got even more exhausted. I wished this highschool life ends as soon as possible. I didn't like it here.

The jerk took his seat, which was the seat beside mine. I could feel his eyes digging a hole into my side-profile. I decided to ignore it and continued to stare at my book. I saw him placing his elbow on the table as he rested his face on his palm, still staring at me.

"You're avoiding me." he stated.

"What should I do? Squeal 'Oppa, you're so handsome!' like all your fangirls and then cling onto your body?" I scoffed, still staring at the book.

"Doesn't sound bad. You could try." Kris said with a smirk

"Oh please." I looked at him briefly with an are-you-kidding-me look and I went back to staring at the book. If stares could burn, my book would have already turned into ashes by now. 

I heard some girly squeals around the classroom. I finally shifted my gaze from the book to the direction of the squeals, and I regretted it the next moment.

I saw Kai standing there looking at me with dark eyes. I looked at him with guitly eyes.

I totally forgot that I left Kai standing in front of the lockers. Wait. Now that I though about what had happened in front of the lockers today, Kai asked if me if I still like him. IT MEANT HE KNEW I LIKED HIM FROM THE BEGINNING! And yet, he still dated Krystal and acted all lovey-dovey in front of me knowing full well that I was hurting. HOW COULD HE DO THIS TO ME?!

The guilt in my eyes soon transformed into a dark glare. We were having a glaring competition but unfortunately (or furtunately), it was interupted by the teacher. Everyone soon occupied their respective seats as the teacher was scribbling on some papers in her hands. 

I looked to my side and saw a pair of eyes glaring at me. Just exactly how many glares did I receive today? I would've turned into a millionare if glares could pay!

Kris gave me one last glare before he turned back to his usual routine, listening to music and ignoring class. I shrugged it off since I was already too shocked about Kai. I never thought he was like that. He was the real jerk.

 

 

"Okay students, I have some work prepared for you guys. It's a pair work and you have to do it carefully since the mark you'll be receiving will be added to the finals." the teacher spoke up and the classroom was full of whines and cries.

"There's no escape." the teacher added. "And don't even think of leaving all the work to your partner or else I'll deduct marks. And the pairs will be chosen by me." the class whined again. "As you can see, there are papers insi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter